Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Sevconians - Dons - Sat 3PM

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McGinn is in the same situation as a number of players. Multiple people, including myself, feel we peaked with this group around 2 years ago and perhaps it is time for Jack, McGinn, Pawlett, Cammy Smith, Reynolds and the likes to move on. Problem is, what does it cost to replace these players with better??? I think we did well to sign a player like McGinn, we'd need to do really well in a very challenging transfer market to IMPROVE the current squad given some of these players are (potential) internationalists.

Boy that hurt and I work in a place full of weegie bastards who will be lapping this up. Going to work on Monday will be even harder than normal as I fucking detest the place.

Before the game on Sportsound they were were having a go at Warburton and his refusal the change his tactics and sticking to his system, maybe they could start having a go at Deek now to get him to change his very limited ways. 

JUst utter, utter shyte.

Mcinnes has lost my support now. His ego it seems is bigger than our club and there is not enough room for both. We are firmly on a downward trajectory while he stays in charge.

You know what, it's easy to over-react after a bad result/performance, but I am in your camp with this one. The guy has obviously adopted JC's tombola, and to be honest, I am still livid at his changing of the team when we'd won 2 difficult(ish) away fixtures on the bounce. Time for the likes of Burns/Storey to get a run in the team. I would still persevere with Stockley despite his abysmal miss early 2nd half.

Neighbor came round, so missed a large part of the second. At 1-0 we were very much in it and the better team. Looks like we didn't kick on fae there. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Jack with a stupid sending off means he's missing next week, which means Shinnie will definitely be in midfield. Ref looked fucking awful for both sides.

But both defeats were totally down to managerial incompetence. We CALLED it before kick off when he picked the wrong teams.

Exactly right and we can hardly call ourselves experts. The opposition managers must love playing us. Our quality players completely neutralised by OUR managers tactics.

Exactly right and we can hardly call ourselves experts. The opposition managers must love playing us. Our quality players completely neutralised by OUR managers tactics.

Spot on, Charlie Nicholas said in his interview midweek that in the Cup Final, Hayes looked uncomfortable when he had the ball as he was clearly too worried about his defensive duties. I have never seen Hayes perform as bad as he did last week in a Dons jersey, even when he's not at his best, like today, he still whips in crosses and beats a man or 2.

McInnes is an absolute shitebag and he's cost us dearly this past week in 2 games now. We will continue to regress if he continues to worry about the opposition rather than letting them worry about us.

The problem is McInnes' ego. His success and the hype has gone to his head and he is treating us like a EPL/champions league team, squad rotations and players playing out of position, coaching to defend top teams, and adjusting lineups based on opponents. Virtually none of this is necessary.

We need to set out a team to win games playing to our strengths. The only team we should maybe make adjustments for would be Celtic but I'd go into that game with a nothing to lose attitude and have a go.

We won two good away games recently with Shinnie back at left back. Considine and O'Connor looked good in the middle. Dare I even say McLean and Jack didn't look too bad. O'Connor has probably been our best/most consistent player this season. One bad game last weekend and he's dropped (I'm making an assumption here)????

Players aren't blameless. I didn't see the game but sounded like we didn't take our chances, particularly Stockley's header right before Miller's goal.

I said at the start of the season we'd struggle to finish above Rangers, Hearts, and even St J. Top 4 would be tough and while a few games get me excited and I start to think otherwise, a bad December and top 6 comes into question. The window is huge, particularly with Maddison leaving and all the players out of contract. I'd be tempted to say fuck it and start with the major overhaul in January.

What kills me more and more too is that as I witness our decline, Hearts are better, Rangers are back in the league, and Celtic are streets ahead. A big pair of balls, some financial investment in the team, and a leap of faith last January and we could have won the league. When will we be that close again?

The problem is McInnes' ego. His success and the hype has gone to his head and he is treating us like a EPL/champions league team, squad rotations and players playing out of position, coaching to defend top teams, and adjusting lineups based on opponents. Virtually none of this is necessary.

Correct. Although I would have put his "success" in quotations.

We need to set out a team to win games playing to our strengths. The only team we should maybe make adjustments for would be Celtic but I'd go into that game with a nothing to lose attitude and have a go.

Correct again but every single time, McInnes FAILS to even try to win.

We won two good away games recently with Shinnie back at left back. Considine and O'Connor looked good in the middle. Dare I even say McLean and Jack didn't look too bad. O'Connor has probably been our best/most consistent player this season. One bad game last weekend and he's dropped (I'm making an assumption here)????

This is key. As you said at the top, it's ego. EVERYONE, including the players know that Shinnie at LB is common sense. But give a weegie tink a bit of power particularly in the parochial NE where they KNOW they know more than us hick teuchters and then it all goes pear shaped. He's not a very clever man. He was sub-average at school and given the top job in the formerly affluent NE, he thinks he's fucking Erchie.