Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Sevconians - Dons - Sat 3PM

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not impressed with that line up!

Reynolds in for O'Connor and Stockley in for Rooney and the same set up nae doot.

Hoping for the best but....  :(

I am actually pleased that Stockley is starting, but why the fuck has O'Connor been dropped, clearly our most calm, level headed and best passing defender we have, yes, he was shocking against the Tims, but who wasn't?

Negative pish yet again, sending out negative impressions on the team in my opinion. Everyone who is anyone can see we are at our best when we obviously play our own game, this defensive shite only delays the inevitable I am afraid, in that we will look to contain them 60-70 minutes then make a positive change and hope to win 1-0 ( Which obviously I would take ) but it's not the way we should go about this.

As a side note though, you have to admit, the bench is as strong as we have seen in a long time.

Maybe so but McInnes's ability to use it effectively is the problem.

Prediction at the moment

Go in 1-0 down at half time. Becomes 2-0 about 10mins into the 2nd half.

Rooney will be brought on about 5mins later with McGinn following on after another 10mins. Burns will replace Stockley with 5mins to go and the game will peter out.

I agree with what you're saying.

I think most of us see midfield being the problem as in we're too soft there. Only Jack out of the 3 used there is a defensive midfielder and lets face it he's not exactly doing a good job. The other two can be excused as that's not their game, it's DM making them look bad. O'Connor on the other hand is supposed to be a player for that position... he's been dragged out of the back line so why bench him instead of moving him into a natural position for him in a problem position for us?!

Maybe so but McInnes's ability to use it effectively is the problem.

Prediction at the moment

Go in 1-0 down at half time. Becomes 2-0 about 10mins into the 2nd half.

Rooney will be brought on about 5mins later with McGinn following on after another 10mins. Burns will replace Stockley with 5mins to go and the game will peter out.

IF we only get to HT 1-0 down.

I agree with what you're saying.

I think most of us see midfield being the problem as in we're too soft there. Only Jack out of the 3 used there is a defensive midfielder and lets face it he's not exactly doing a good job. The other two can be excused as that's not their game, it's DM making them look bad. O'Connor on the other hand is supposed to be a player for that position... he's been dragged out of the back line so why bench him instead of moving him into a natural position for him in a problem position for us?!

It's not his natural position, CB is.  Only reason i can think for dropping him is he wants reynolds pace against dodoo.  Don't agree with it but i suspect thats the logic. 

I would be interested to hear from a couple of posters who consider McGinn our best player?

What do you make of him being benched v. Celtic and now Rangers? I can't understand it, playing Shinnie in midfield and not starting McGinn.

I also don't understand this continual changing of our CB partnerships and having 3 of the 4 starting today (presumably Consi in LB again) and arguably our best CB this year on the bench. For the first time in how long? What message does this put out?

Shambles.

To be honest I though he was just resting McGinn but now I get the feeling that something has happened. He could have replaced anyone after last weeks capitulation but DM obviously thinks otherwise.

Thinking a 2 nil them now after seeing our line up. Would happily be proved wrong but also quite surprised.

I had a feeling he might play Reynolds and Stockley (I mentioned it earlier in the thread). Thought McGinn would be in for Hayes or Maddison though (in deek's line-up, not my preferred), both of whom weren't up to much last week, Hayes especially.

Is it on anywhere, or just radio?

Here's my take rocket. I think McGinn is a super player but some may remember I was very vocal in August stating McGinn would have a stinker of a season. He never had a summer break and after the Euros when all the EPL players took time off Niall was back here playing in the Europa qualifiers. The guy is mentally and physically spent. Deserves to be dropped based on performances but saying that, he's been no worse than a few other players.

As for todays team, and when Shinnie plays in midfield in general. We need his passion and energy in there because DM failed to get the appropriate center mid. He's the best we have even though he's a better left back. What I don't understand is that Hearts bullied Rangers off the park and that's an ideal tactic for O'Connor.

Been an okay game so far. Bit 100 mile an hour like, but pretty even. Need to run at their right back, as he was easily booked early doors and looks pish. Hayes playing almost centrally at times, when he should be roasting the full back. Again our midfield chasing the game a bit at times, but overall not too many problems. Back line doing okay all things considered, although O'Halloran has looked dangerous on a couple of occasions when running at full pelt. Should be an interesting second half, and can't see McInnes making any changes until we lose a goal or go ahead.

Nae enjoying this, just don't want the scum bastards to beat us.

As for the comments on McGinn, he has been a good player for us over the years, but has been a luxury for us over the past two seasons, on his game he is superb, when he cannot be bothered it's like playing with a man short and I won't even get on to his performances against his heroes. God said on Sportsound earlier that his contract is up for renewal a the end of this season, maybe best for him and us that he moves on.

I'd be surpised if we don't see him come on this afternoon.