Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Sevconians - Dons - Sat 3PM

Big game for a number of reasons.  Firstly, the club (management and players) owe it to the fans to put in a performance after their non appearance on the weekend.  Secondly, we've not won at Ibrox for far too long, even when we're not playing the oldco / newco. Finally, it's the first of a series of games, I think it's a game every 3-4 days this month so we need to set our stall out and make sure we hit the ground running in terms of confidence.

The club deserve all the flak they've gotten this week.  The fans kept their side of the bargain and turned up in numbers and it's down to them to start trying to build those bridges.  If, we play like we did against the timothy, we're absolutely fucked.  Hearts showed last night that if you don't give those blue nose cunts a moments rest they are useless.  We are by far the better team both on paper and in reality but the manager needs to let them play.  Sitting in fourth at the moment, but I think the Hearts win is what we needed.  We didn't want to go into this game without the prospect of gaining ground.  I'd like to see us revert to the same team pre-final.  It worked at two tricky away fixtures, this is just another one against arguably lesser opposition.

In / out: Out

Prematcher: Faversham somewhere

Match: Some pub in Faversham

Post-matcher:  Some restaurant in Faversham (I'm going to Faversham btw)

Prediction: 2-1 us, Stockley and McGinn.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree Manc, i'd like to see us revert to the set up used against ICT and Partick.

I know i'm harping on but i really have no idea why DM changed that line up?! It seems to me that every AFC supporter thinks that Shinnie would be best used at left back, Considong in the middle of defence with O'Connor, Jack and McLean (if we must use these two) holding with Maddison advanced, Johnny on one wing and either McGinn or Burns on the other.

If so many see it that way what is it that happens behind the scenes that make DM see it different?

Please Derek, have some faith in the ability of your players and allow them to play to the best of their abilities, which they will do in their natural positions, and i'm sure they'll reward you for that faith. I'm convinced they didn't have the heart last week due to his evident lack of belief.

In / out: Out

Prematcher: Making my way to the boat in Onne port in Nigeria

Match: Following by any means possible onboard

Post-matcher: I'll still be onboard funnily enough, reading more post mortems because i don't trust DM to play his best line up.

Prediction: Nothing positive to say.... 25 bloody years so far!  :-\

In/Oot -  Oot still stuck in the desert

Pre Match  -  Working

Match  -  Hoping to get the game on BeIn, if not try the radio

Prediction  -  Cant believe the odds for an Aberdeen result, so got a lot of different bets on for us to win, so 0-3 Rooney (2) & Maddison (1)

Wouldn't give the huns my money, so definitely not going.

Think we are capable of tanking them, but it's all up to Deek.

I'm going 1-3 for the dons. Taylor, Rooney 2

I think I'd drop O'Connor for Taylor for this one. Whilst it wasn't his fault he was played at left centre half, he was still pish and I think it'd be unfair to drop Taylor.

------------------Lewis--------------------

Logan----Taylor----Considine----Shinnie

------------McLean----Jack---------------

--McGinn--------Maddison-------Hayes--

----------------Rooney--------------------

Derek's 11:

------------------Lewis--------------------

Logan----Taylor----Reynolds---Considine

---------McLean----Jack----Shinnie------

--McGinn------------------------Rooney--

----------------Stockley-------------------

Like Rico, i wouldnt give the great unwashed my heard earned.

Massive performance needed from the players this weekend and they owe to those who are going to put on a great show and get the win. Looking at Rangers last night, they are very beatable and if we play the way we can and they play like that, we will hump them. That said, they will raise their game this weekend and if Deek takes his cautious tactics with him, we will lose.

11/5 for us to win and a sneaky 33/1 for a 3-0... tenner slapped on that, so DM its over to you!! :rofl:

As others have said would like us to go back to the set up used in the two games prior to Sunday's shambles. Hearts showed last night that the Tribute Act are a poor side and when attacked will fall apart. Sadly I have no faith in DM to put us out to attack them. I suspect he will go for the same set up as the league game at Pittodire where we gave them far to much of the ball.

In / out: oot

Prematcher: train to Arbroath

Match: Arbroath v Edinburgh City

Post-matcher:  train back to the capital

Prediction: 1-1 blowing best opportunity to win at that shite hole in 25 years.

What a ridiculous thing to say.

So we will all now believe we will finish 3rd?

Ok then, what's the point in continuing.

Sorry but F*ck off McInnes.

Not the way I read it.

He says that Rangers might be favourites to finish second but  he believes we will instead.

Sorry al but he's giving in to the usual p*sh.

Even if he's playing mind games...he sucks at it.

He's stating categorically that Rangers are favourites because of there spending power.

They just got beaten and we beat then in our first meeting.

There's nothing to say they will be 2nd or are favourites for 2nd spit.

Poor poor management.

I have to agree with Nips here, I think that's a rather disappointing interview.

I'd just like it if the manager said " You know what, they may be able to pay more wages than us, but we've shown over the past few seasons we are Celtic's main challengers and we aim to continue to be just that "

Short and sweet, not saying we're going to Iprix to win ( In fear of egg on face ) or not conceding defeat before we're even there, just pure and simple over the course of the season, we aim to continue to be Celtic's main challenger.

will anyone really care about a pre match interview if we pump the huns on sat?  Whatever else you want to say about McInnes he's pretty canny with the media, it seems to me he's trying to put pressure on the tribute act after their hiding (and it was a hiding, hertz were all over them) midweek. 

will anyone really care about a pre match interview if we pump the huns on sat?  Whatever else you want to say about McInnes he's pretty canny with the media, it seems to me he's trying to put pressure on the tribute act after their hiding (and it was a hiding, hertz were all over them) midweek.

I think whatever he's trying to do , it's got a negative snowball effect on players Fans and the press for future games.

What would you rather her...playing down your chances or being confident and practical and stating your positive intentions.

I know which one I'd prefer.

I think whatever he's trying to do , it's got a negative snowball effect on players Fans and the press for future games.

What would you rather her...playing down your chances or being confident and practical and stating your positive intentions.

Positive intentions like aiming for second and being good enough to do that you mean?...

It's the done thing these days, I find it all rather boring. No one says anything about anyone that might rock the boat for fear of the "pinning on the dressing room wall" cliche pish. Given our national press only deals in hysterics these days, people are confined to saying zero in their interviews for fear of completely distracting everyone in the build up to their games.