Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Morton - Dons - 22nd October

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thought we'd be doing well if we reached 12000 which is looking ambitious now as it doesnt look like weve reached 10000 yet

agree that we should win comfortably if we play as well as the last two games.

Hayes and McGinn must be loving playing with Maddison as they have so much more space than before

Sounds like Morton have sold 5k, so that's 15,000 in a 55,000 capacity stadium. Awesome.

Lap up the match day experience they say,  A great family day out....  :hammer:

They could have quite easily moved it to a different stadium, they could have quite easily made it a 5.30 kick off time.  They aren't interested in our little game on the Saturday, they are too busy getting ready to jizz themselves in to oblivion over the 'big' game the day after.

Sounds like Morton have sold 5k, so that's 15,000 in a 55,000 capacity stadium. Awesome.

Embarrassing... not for us, but for the SFA. What an absolute shambles! They go on about how we need to make Scottish Football great and then play one of their semi finals at a shit time, in a shit 55K stadium, only just over a quarter full and in front of the TV cameras. Just wow. I will be there, but i feel for those who cant make it or just generally lack the interest due to the location and time.

Embarrassing... not for us, but for the SFA. What an absolute shambles! They go on about how we need to make Scottish Football great and then play one of their semi finals at a shit time, in a shit 55K stadium, only just over a quarter full and in front of the TV cameras. Just wow. I will be there, but i feel for those who cant make it or just generally lack the interest due to the location and time.

I don't really get the lack of interest - last season we got knocked out both cups first game - I would have thought fans would be well up for being there when the dons have a tremendous chance to win at Hampden and bag another final

Fair enough I'm travelling from just outside Edinburgh but I doubt we would have only sold 10,000 tickets if we had been playing  the Rangers at the exact same kick off time

Certainly not embarrassing for us or Morton, I think you got my point though stupie. Spfl /SFA should have a look at themselves, but they won't because they have TV money. It's a cup semi, I wish I was going, last semi I went to was ace  8) seems to be a busy time of year for a lot of folk which is understandable but I can't help but agree with Hebrews point. Had it been the huns 2.0 we'd have sold a 20k allocation no bother.

Certainly not embarrassing for us or Morton, I think you got my point though stupie. Spfl /SFA should have a look at themselves, but they won't because they have TV money. It's a cup semi, I wish I was going, last semi I went to was ace  8) seems to be a busy time of year for a lot of folk which is understandable but I can't help but agree with Hebrews point. Had it been the huns 2.0 we'd have sold a 20k allocation no bother.

Absolutely agree with all of that. If it were the huns or the tims we would have sold out our allocation. We would likely still have moaned about the kick off time, but it would be understandable to have it Hampden in that case, whereas for Morton its just plain daft.

I don't really get the lack of interest - last season we got knocked out both cups first game - I would have thought fans would be well up for being there when the dons have a tremendous chance to win at Hampden and bag another final

Fair enough I'm travelling from just outside Edinburgh but I doubt we would have only sold 10,000 tickets if we had been playing  the Rangers at the exact same kick off time

Yer right, although I wouldn't have gone even if it was the huns because of the ridiculous kick off time, but I'm probably in the minority. It's certainly not through lack of interest though, I'm really looking forward to the game and gutted that I'm (through my own choice) not going, but I simply can't give them my money for agreeing to such a fucking ridiculous event. It's the equivalent of holding a Shed Seven gig at the O2 where you'd sell about 2,000 tickets. Could you imagine an events organiser anywhere in the world doing something as ludicrous as what they SPFL are doing this weekend? Yet we accept it because it's fitba and we can't have a serious conversation about it.

Had a quick peek over on Morton's fans forum, and to my surprise, they are actually fairly confident of reaching the final. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, but they don't appear to hold us in any kind of regard, also, someone posted a link to an interview with their kit man, he's fairly confident that a bigger job for our manager ( Rangers or Scotland, to be precise) is only a matter of time.

Had a quick peek over on Morton's fans forum, and to my surprise, they are actually fairly confident of reaching the final. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, but they don't appear to hold us in any kind of regard, also, someone posted a link to an interview with their kit man, he's fairly confident that a bigger job for our manager ( Rangers or Scotland, to be precise) is only a matter of time.

Don't see why they should hold the dons in any high regard.

Especially given the Dons semi-final record since I took an interest in football reads as follows

P - 15

W - 4 (Sevco, Arabs, Hibs, St Johnstone)

L - 11 (Arabs x 4, Tic x 3, St Jonstone, Hibs, Queen of the South, Hearts)  :hammer:

The minute you take the TV money you're fucked.

Just saying like  :(

As I previously posted....this sums up the apparent apathy amongst our support and Morton's.

You can complain all you like about kick off time and venue (and I agree) but just like Sir David Murray you ain't got a leg to stand on and it's all about the money