Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Morton - Dons - 22nd October

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sensible ticket selling would be to shut the BT Scotland stand until all other tickets are sold. (capacity reduced to 34000)

Then split the north stand down the middle and sell towards each end, opening up the BT stand as and when required

But no doubt the first allocations will be the lower tiers of the BT stand with the North Stand handed to the Dons so whilst the Morton fans may occasionally be heard they wont be seen.

Kick off time suggests TV coverage too

Sensible ticket selling would be to shut the BT Scotland stand until all other tickets are sold. (capacity reduced to 34000)

Then split the north stand down the middle and sell towards each end, opening up the BT stand as and when required

But no doubt the first allocations will be the lower tiers of the BT stand with the North Stand handed to the Dons so whilst the Morton fans may occasionally be heard they wont be seen.

Kick off time suggests TV coverage too

Both ties are on tv.

Shite kick off time and shite venue.

To add to fun there are engineering works on the Aberdeen to Glasgow line that weekend.

At least everyone who wants to go will get a ticket.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/msps-bid-tackle-spfl-dons-league-cup-semi-final/

MSPs have questioned a decision to schedule the Dons semi-final away game at Hampden too early in the afternoon.

Kick-off for the game against Greenock Morton is set for 12.15pm on Saturday, October 22.

But MSPs have complained fans will struggle to get to the game as there is no direct train service between Aberdeen and Glasgow due to track repairs.

Moray MSP Richard Lochhead has lodged a motion at Holyrood calling on the Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) to kick-off later that day, supported by North-east MSP Lewis Macdonald.

He said: “The current kick-off time could prevent many fans from the north of Scotland from making the trip.

“I call on the SPFL to listen to the travelling supporters, who it considers the lifeblood of Scottish football clubs, and reconsider the scheduling of this Scottish League Cup tie.”

Aberdeen Central MSP Kevin Stewart has also written to the SPFL chief executive, urging him to reconsider.

He said: “It’s unbelievable such total disregard has been shown to supporters from Aberdeen who will want to make it down for a game they will be very excited to see.

“This is a semi-final, for goodness sake, and due consideration should have been given to the supporters from both teams playing.

“Instead we are seeing a major advantage being handed to supporters based much closer to the Glasgow venue.”

Mr Stewart said fans’ needs should not be put behind those of sponsors.

He said: “It looks as though all this is being done to appease the broadcaster BT Sport, which flies in the face of football -the beautiful game – being for everyone.

“I sincerely hope the SPFL have a satisfactory response for a decision that has put so much unrest and inconvenience to Aberdeen supporters.

“A semi-final is supposed to be a great day out for a team’s supporters but will now no doubt be a rushed 150 mile trip down to Glasgow for those that can still manage.”

The SPFL declined to comment.

How do folk feel about this? Perth would be fair, but from a selfish perspective, either of the Edinburgh venues would be my preference.

I'm sure there are more important things for the MSP's to be doing, but someone has to ask the SPFL some questions.

Outside of Glasgow and based on size of the potential crowd it would have to be one of the Edinburgh stadiums or Rugby park (latter of course would be even worse than Hampden)

Once you get away from them it would be either Tanndaice (14,209), Fir Park (13,742).

Perth would be nice but the capacity hinders it (10,673). Last time a League Cup semi final was held outside of Glasgow or Edinburgh was in February 2000 when a certain Arild Stavrum scored the winner at Dens Park with the dons allocation being just over 5000.

Yep, disgraceful decision, Easter road was the only place for this game. It'll work nicely in weegie favour in the final (assuming we get there) when they can use the poor semi attendance to give us a non 50-50 allocation.

The club statement was half airsed, and whilst I don't agree with all of the MSP's comments, it's good to see him getting involved. That "the SPFL declined to comment" is disgusting. They're not answerable to anyone outside the glasgow 2 it seems.

For what it's worth, Richard Lochhead is definitely a dandy. I've spotted him in the crowd several times.

Aye, it was the other one, and the unfair advantage to the Glasgow team nonsense. It's not that, it's just an inappropriate kick off time, with too few travel options at an atrocious stadium. We should be calling out Hampden for what it is on a regular basis. It's a fucking awful ground in a fucking awful location that should never have been built.

Aye, it was the other one, and the unfair advantage to the Glasgow team nonsense. It's not that, it's just an inappropriate kick off time, with too few travel options at an atrocious stadium. We should be calling out Hampden for what it is on a regular basis. It's a fucking awful ground in a fucking awful location that should never have been built.

Agreed. The ko time isn't an issue for me because I'd be driving no matter what the ko time is but if there's a worse fucking stadium in the country to drive to than Hampden then I haven't been there. It's fucking awful. You can either park fairly close and then sit in traffic for 1-2 hours directly after the game or you can parking fucking miles away and still get stuck in traffic for ages. Or you can take a supporters bus and sit with fucking aresoles on the bus whilst stuck in traffic.

The semi at Tynie was infinitely better.

4 tickets bought yesterday  ;D. Already 3500 dons tickets sold from last nights online purchases for those with 80+ LP's . Not a bad effort!! Will see how the next few days go though!

Probably daft question mate, but are you able to pick your seat or just have to take what you're given  ???

Probably daft question mate, but are you able to pick your seat or just have to take what you're given  ???

I done mine online through the afc site and I was able to pick my seats. Stadium plan for Hampden came up and could just go in and choose. Fine and handy!!

I done mine online through the afc site and I was able to pick my seats. Stadium plan for Hampden came up and could just go in and choose. Fine and handy!!

Excellent....didn't want to buy blindly and find myself at the front below pitch level

Excellent....didn't want to buy blindly and find myself at the front below pitch level

I made that mistake for the Dundee Utd semi. Im almost certain that I selected the row 3rd from the back, but ended up 3 from the front. Was absolutely awful and couldn't guage depth or distance ata ll. God awful stadium for football  :(

I made that mistake for the Dundee Utd semi. Im almost certain that I selected the row 3rd from the back, but ended up 3 from the front. Was absolutely awful and couldn't guage depth or distance ata ll. God awful stadium for football  :(

Abso-fucking-lutely.  Still undecided whether I am going to try and make it up last minute for this one but looks unlikely  :-[

4 tickets bought yesterday  ;D. Already 3500 dons tickets sold from last nights online purchases for those with 80+ LP's . Not a bad effort!! Will see how the next few days go though!

Think that might include supporters club orders which had to be in yesterday.

Think that might include supporters club orders which had to be in yesterday.

Aye mibees. Still, 3500 in first day is not too shabby. Will be interesting to see the figures by the end of the week. Think the club have missed a trick though! They should have said that if you bought a ticket for this game, then there is a bigger chance you can get final tickets ... (should we make it of course  :thumbsup: )

Reckon will likely see 15-18K tops .

Aye mibees. Still, 3500 in first day is not too shabby. Will be interesting to see the figures by the end of the week. Think the club have missed a trick though! They should have said that if you bought a ticket for this game, then there is a bigger chance you can get final tickets ... (should we make it of course  :thumbsup: )

Reckon will likely see 15-18K tops .

Yeah it's a decent number when you consider the kick off time and it being on TV.

Think your right on the final. Could have increased the number of loyalty points for a semi final ticket which would boost chances of getting a semi final ticket.

We got our tickets sorted yesterday. North Stand. Nae idea where in it though. I always say I'll never got back to Hampden but here we go again!

I'll be away for the final (should we make it) so I kinda have to go to the semi.

Anyone know where I can watch the Scottish league Cup final in New York?  :wave:

@Superdon67

Aye, it's an absolute joke. National Semi-finals being played at this time. What is the thinking behind this? It was good to see the club come out and express their issues with it, as they'll be hit in the hipper as a result!!

I can't manage down due to the ridiculous time and prior engagement - ooo-er - on the Friday night. Absolutely gutted.