Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Morton - Dons - 22nd October

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmmm

Thinking of maybe taking the wife's grandson down for this.

He's been to Pittodrie a few times, long day for a 6 year old though, boring long drive etc.

Anyone know of any family buses going down.

Plenty kids making a fuckin racket all the way there and all the way back would fit the bill.

Maybe I could start a " good earplugs" thread

Daily Hun are reporting...

_________

NEXT week's League Cup semi final between Morton and Aberdeen is set to be played in front of a less than half-full Hampden.

So far less than 12,000 tickets have been sold for the Betfred Cup clash which kicks off at 12.15pm on Saturday, October 22 at the 51,800-capacity national stadium.

Aberdeen have sold 9000 of their 14,000 allocation while Morton are approaching 3000 sales from the 7500 they received

NEXT week's League Cup semi final between Morton and Aberdeen is set to be played in front of a less than half-full Hampden.

So far less than 12,000 tickets have been sold for the Betfred Cup clash which kicks off at 12.15pm on Saturday, October 22 at the 51,800-capacity national stadium.

Aberdeen have sold 9000 of their 14,000 allocation while Morton are approaching 3000 sales from the 7500 they received

Aberdeen are privately seething at the lunch time kick-off having preferred a 3pm start to allow their fans to travel to Glasgow. But TV dictated the early kick-off with the match being broadcast live on BT Sport.

SPFL chief Neil Doncaster confirmed the times and venues a fortnight ago when he said: "We are all looking forward to two fantastic games and hope supporters of all four clubs enjoy lots of entertaining football."

A spokesman for Morton today said they hope to sell out their 7500 allocation. Aberdeen expect to sell around 11,000 of their allocation but could ask for more should they sell all 14,000 briefs.

Taking into account neutral supporters the overall attendance is still set to be drastically short of even half Hampden's capacity.

By contrast, the second semi final the following day, between Rangers and Celtic, is certain to be played in front of a capacity crowd.

Both clubs have used a ballot system to sell their allocations.

_______

SPFL truly are a shower of....! Bending over backwards to appease tv bosses and won't be surprised (without getting ahead of our selves) if we get to final that they use this as an excuse to deny us half allocation for tickets. Doncaster will do anything to suck the dicks oh the peado's/hun's!!

We got our tickets sorted yesterday. North Stand. Nae idea where in it though. I always say I'll never got back to Hampden but here we go again!

I'll be away for the final (should we make it) so I kinda have to go to the semi.

Anyone know where I can watch the Scottish league Cup final in New York?  :wave:

There's a Scottish bar on 47th St between 6th and 7th Aves, might be worth asking in there.

Personally, i'm still going to be offshore for the semi, get home the day before the game against the smellies. Managed to get my back to back to do a five weeker so i can get both the Celtic game and the final (should we get there).  ;D

There's a Scottish bar on 47th St between 6th and 7th Aves, might be worth asking in there.

Personally, i'm still going to be offshore for the semi, get home the day before the game against the smellies. Managed to get my back to back to do a five weeker so i can get both the Celtic game and the final (should we get there).  ;D

St. Andrews bar? Been there before but had forgotten about it! Cheers.  :thumbsup:

I agree that the club statement was far too lame. It was nothing but a token gesture because they were aware the fans wanted something said publicly.

If they had been serious they'd have said something sooner and harsher. But as some have said they were probably too busy counting their TV cash to notice where and when it was going to be.

As bonkers as it is to play at Hampden I think it will help us more than if we played at Tynecastle or Easter road.

The main reason being is that Hampden is a huge pitch and if our tactics are right we can really exploit the space on the wings, using Hayes and possibly Burns' pace and importantly Maddison can find pockets of space in the middle of the park.

Morton will be no pushovers but if we are tactically astute we will win.

Despite our horrendous record at Hampden, 6 defeats on the bounce, I think we will win this fairly comfortably.  Morton are a good side, no doubt about that after Saturdays thrashing on QOS but the Dons are on fire.  Tactics - fairly simple - feed it to Maddison.  He is an inspirational player in the mould of Varga, Zerouali or Jess.