Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Fola Esch

I'm still not over how bad that was. I don't care if that was the second competitive game, we play like that again and it will be a mcghee esque Celtic Park scoreline. Truly one of the worst performances I've ever seen from an Aberdeen side. And that takes some beating. Still, we're through (not sure how). I hope we never play like that again under McInnes and it was an off day.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we'd made our 3 subs but Flood was clearly fucked and could hardly move. We played with 10 with him on the field, hope no further damage was done (although I'm sure some wouldn't mind that!)

It was a disgraceful piece of management. He should have been hauled off immediately. Anyone who's played football before knows that if you have a passenger in the team, it is really off-putting. You look up, see a player marking an opponent and so you concentrate on a different player. On a couple of occasions Flood was left marking someone who just side stepped past him because he couldn't move. Indeed, they even got a shot on target because of it (it didn't help that Flood kept running back to help out instead of just sitting high up the park - but again McInnes should have been screaming at him to stay away from our goal). There was absolutely no benefit from him being on the park, it leaves our own players unsure where to position themselves. We've played many times with ten men, and it's easy to re-shape the team after a player is lost (to injury or red card), it happens all the time. Felt very sorry for Flood and hope is continued presence on the pitch hasn't led to any worsening of the injury. I'd be very surprised if McInnes was able to come up with any justification for that decision, it was like he stopped thinking. I'd be interested to hear if anyone thinks it was justified for (positive) tactical reasons.

Really bad game too. Not too disheartened yet, as we've had some tragic pre-season friendlies over the years against shite, and that's what this was for the players. Hopefully the new players bring more to the team or it's going to be a long season. Bring on the Latvian cunts.

No mixing my word on this one, our performance was utter garbage.

I am happy we are through but that that performance was awful and and the end of the day we just handed a group of part timers their first win in European Football.

Central defence and central midfield need looked at ASAP. Milne needs to crack his piggy bank open and inject some actual quality in to the side, players that will make a difference rather than just squad fillers.

I'm not going to mince my words here. Over the years I have seen some pish from us,but this is right up there. Even if this finishes right now in a 1-0 loss this is a total embarrassment.

Sigma Olomouc, Bohemians, Skonta Riga, Fola Esch......take your pick

Vast improvement required in next round or goodnight Europe.

Perhaps we now see why we are forced to enter in 1st qualifying round

Why sign Callum Morris ? Where is he ? where is the cb we need , assume this boy storey can play wide as pawlett should be let go , annoying mcinnes needs to sign another 2-3 players

This may come as a surprise but I read yesterday that Morris is currently....injured.