Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Fola Esch

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have headed to this but £20 a ticket put me off. Bit steep for first round. Should be looking to finish the tie tonight and play 2 up front. 

Oot

Work

Radio while watching Euros on tv

Home

3-0 Dons McLean, Hayes and Shankland

13495489_10154254113427482_8385415329333206912_o.jpg

Teams out, bit surprised to see Considine and Taylor alongside each other, would be interested to see how they faired when they played alongside each other last season?

Anyway, good to see Stockley start, from the news conferences over the week it sounds like they want to make sure Rooney is absolutely ok.

Definitely looked like a preseason game, fitness told in the end. 3-1 flatters them. Thought Stockley played very well, big, strong, won a lot of balls, and works very hard. On the negative side I definitely think we're still lacking a creative center mid, Jack, McLean, and Flood were average but who do we have to bring in as a creative midfielder? Andrew Shinnie please!

And for all those who criticize him, credit to McGinn, good game, worked very hard, and got the crucial second goal (although probably credited to an OG). Could have easily said he was exhausted and took a break but put in a good shift.

Definitely looked like a preseason game, fitness told in the end. 3-1 flatters them. Thought Stockley played very well, big, strong, won a lot of balls, and works very hard. On the negative side I definitely think we're still lacking a creative center mid, Jack, McLean, and Flood were average but who do we have to bring in as a creative midfielder? Andrew Shinnie please!

And for all those who criticize him, credit to McGinn, good game, worked very hard, and got the crucial second goal (although probably credited to an OG). Could have easily said he was exhausted and took a break but put in a good shift.

Said the exact same thing to a few others during the game. Very impressed with him and think he'll do well with us. We looked much better once Rooney came on for Flood. McGinn definitely deserves a special mention. A lot of good things came from his all round play. Logan was also particularly dangerous.

CmOfk2aWAAEbFbG.jpg:large

The lads had me worried for a while last night, thankfully it was all good in the end.

1st half was ok, they had a great chance to go 1-0 up but the post saved us. We then had a few chances, we then actually had the ball in the net from a set piece but the I think the linesman decided the ball had gone out before it was layed back across goal.

2nd half we up'd the tempo a bit and were creating chance after chance, I think we had another 3 goals ruled off, about 4 cleared off the line, hit the post, keeper tipped one on to the bar, you name it, we probably did it!

Logan finally gives us the break through only for Fola to then spark in to life again and thanks to some horrid defending they equalized. Ryan Jack deciding rather than put a challenge in he would just back off, back off and then slip on his backside! After that Fola were still coming at us but they then just seemed to run out of steam and that allowed us to come back at them and finally after when must been around 20 shots at goal McGinn sneaked one in, the linesman again tried to flag for offside but the ref overruled him on it and rightfully so. Then in the dying minutes of extra time, one of their players handballs in the box, penalty, Rooney, 3-1.

Overall I think we played ok, there was still some rust there but we pretty much dominated the match, it really was 3-1 going on 8-1. Our central midfield is still lacking that bit of punch that we need, too many times balls were being played into the middle and Jack/Flood/Mclean were missing in action. Defensively we are still a tad ropey, Taylor was beaten in the air a lot and several times either him or Considine were left in 1 on1 situations as the other was away for a wander somewhere. We also need that other option on the wings for when Hayes or McGinn get tired or are not on form, Hayes had a 15-20 minute spell toward the end where he just looked knackered but thankfully McGinn was there to keep our attacks ticking.

The 2 new lads that played looked ok. Lewis never really did much wrong, seemed very commanding of his area and he let rip at the defence when Fola equalized. Stockley got himself stuck in, seems to be very similar player to Rooney but maybe a bit more pacey, he nearly scored a cracking overhead kick.

It is not job done for this first round but I honestly believe we can go to Luxembourg and beat Fola.

Pretty pish stuff so far

Wasn't at the game but did manage to watch it all on a stream of Red TV.

Thought the line up was interested (not in a good way) with the inclusion of Flood.

Regardless of whether he has a future with us or not, I simply didn't think the inclusion of him alongside Jack was the right call. Upon reflection Flood was far from our worst performer on the night (thought McLean has a bit of a nightmare to be honest).

Certainly got a fright from this team, putting aside their time wasting which was to be expected, I thought they could actually play a bit. Would have taken 3-1 pre kick off. Have no doubts we will score over there, so don't anticipate any problems being in round 2.

Difficult to pass much comment on Lewis, and thought Stockley stated well, but didn't contribute too much in the latter stages of the game.

Good to see Rooney back and on the scoresheet.

Personally speaking would send McGinn away now for a ten day holiday as don't think we'll necessarily need him next week.

Wasn't at the game but did manage to watch it all on a stream of Red TV.

Thought the line up was interested (not in a good way) with the inclusion of Flood.

Regardless of whether he has a future with us or not, I simply didn't think the inclusion of him alongside Jack was the right call. Upon reflection Flood was far from our worst performer on the night (thought McLean has a bit of a nightmare to be honest).

Certainly got a fright from this team, putting aside their time wasting which was to be expected, I thought they could actually play a bit. Would have taken 3-1 pre kick off. Have no doubts we will score over there, so don't anticipate any problems being in round 2.

Difficult to pass much comment on Lewis, and thought Stockley stated well, but didn't contribute too much in the latter stages of the game.

Good to see Rooney back and on the scoresheet.

Personally speaking would send McGinn away now for a ten day holiday as don't think we'll necessarily need him next week.

I was pretty impressed by stockley from what i saw from the extended highlights.  He's clearly not just a big lump, he took up great positions and seemed very game aware.  He did seem to tire toward the end so hopefully there's better to come with more gametime.  I think he's going to be a canny signing, someone that can dominate a centre half in the air is an option we have lacked for quite a while.  With the quality of delivery coming from the flanks these days I can see him winning a lot of headers in the box and that's never a bad thing is it.  If given the opportunity he could form quite the partnership with Rooney perhaps. 

I think we've all been thinking about it but no one has discussed it. How were the new pies!?!

Quite liked the new Pittodrie pie, although it has not gone up in price to £2.85 I think it was. The other pies have now dropped in price below the £2 mark so it all works out ok  ;)

Oh and it wasnt fused to the bottom of the pie tin either  ;D