Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Fola Esch

Quite liked the new Pittodrie pie, although it has not gone up in price to £2.85 I think it was. The other pies have now dropped in price below the £2 mark so it all works out ok  ;)

Oh and it wasnt fused to the bottom of the pie tin either  ;D

Thanks for clearing that up  ;)  :thumbsup:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those going to the away leg, one local fan has mentioned place d'armes as a good place with plenty of bars

The travelling Red Army can expect an outdoor cafe culture when they jet out to the Luxembourg city of Esch.

And the good news is the prices will not break the bank with a beer roughly the same price as in the Granite City at four euros, or £3.10.

A three-course meal at a mid-range restaurant will set you back about 70 euros, or £54.

You can expect to pay three euros, just more than £2, for a coffee.

Taxi rides are relatively cheap with the starting fare 2.50 euros (£2.10) and a further two euros per kilometre.

The Stade Josy Barthel Stadium is just 1.8km from the centre of the city.

It will take around a 20-minute walk for the Red Army to get there.

There are also regular buses operated by Municipaux de la Ville de Luxembourg that run to the stadium with a single fare costing 1.50 euros.

Route de’Arlon is the main road which runs south of the stadium and is served by numerous bus stops.

With just under half a million people, Luxembourg is the least populated of all EU countries.

It is also one of the safest. According to a recent UN survey on crime, you have less chance of being shot in Luxembourg than in any other country.

Luxembourg is also prosperous as the only country with a higher gross domestic product per capita is Qatar.

Any Dons fan on the hunt for some culture before kick-off can visit the national museum of resistance.

It has material focusing on the fight against German occupation during World War II.

There is also a fantastic historic walk on Le Chemin de la Corniche around the ramparts of the city. The walk takes around an hour.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/guidetoesch/

Updated info:

Fans Area

The Luxembourg Police and Police Scotland have agreed a suitable location for the Red Army to congregate prior to the match.

The area is a square called Place D'Armes. It is a 20-minute walk from the stadium. The Red Army are invited to meet there and march to the stadium at 4pm local time.

Ticket Collections

For those who still have tickets to collect they can do so at the stadium (Stade Josy Barthel) at 6.30pm on Wednesday 6 July or from 4.30pm on match day (7 July). AFC representatives will be in attendance. Please be advised as usual you will need to show your passport to get your ticket.

Bit unfair on O'Connor as he had been playing well.

Very negative substitutions.

Agreed. We look honking. No support for any forward movement. Can't see us scoring today. So far, nothing has changed from the team at the end of the season. Lacklustre.

Had zero service today. Looked knackered when he came off too. Hopefully Rooney makes the difference

Thought he looked very slow and touch was not great. Probably being unfair as the service as you say was not great.

I'm not going to mince my words here. Over the years I have seen some pish from us,but this is right up there. Even if this finishes right now in a 1-0 loss this is a total embarrassment.

Was thinking the same BigAl. Fucking horrific stuff.

We were utter ding.  Reminiscent of a few performances last season - no spark, no will to win, second to everything, poor decision making.

The only ones I'd give pass marks to are Lewis, Flood (who at least got about the park and showed a bit of balls) and Rooney when he came on as he was fighting a lone fight.

Stockley looked powderpuff - was shoved off the ball very easily and looked well short of fitness.

McLean/O'Connor/Jack - embarrassing from them. In a game like that they should be imposing themselves on inexperienced part time players.  Jack must be the easiest player in the world to play against. He has talent, but he does not have the bravery on the ball that his talent and position requires and demands.

Taylor - just fuck off. How can McInnes not see that this guy is a dumpling?

Reynolds - frightening how his form has dropped off, it doesn't look on this showing that it's coming back any time soon.

Only 2nd game of the season I know, but a lot of the above was relevant last season too and I am concerned about the season ahead.

Well, god awful performance. I don't get to see many games but that's one of the worst I've ever seen. Still, no harm done, we're through, and that's basically another preseason game. Other than that no positives to take.

Tactics - clearly wrong. We gave a PART TIME team from LUXEMBOURG who have NEVER won a european game far too much respect. Based on the first leg we should have run them off the park, played passes and made them chase, and won by a couple of goals at least. We went long ball most if not the entire game and gave it away for pretty much 90 mins, I don't recall one good sequence of passing play, and I don't even recall us having a shot on goal.

Injury - Flood was fucked. Why leave him on? He couldn't run or do anything at all, NEVER touched that ball after injury and couldn't pressure defensively. All we did was add to the injury I'd think, very poor decision to leave him on.

Central midfield - I'd argue that's more of a problem area than central defense because if you dominate in the middle of the park you dominate games and are less likely to defend as much. Everyone was hopeless tonight but I'll highlight the captain since he should have a clear influence on games like this one. For both legs Jack was poor and I don't know what he gives us right now.

Oh well....

Injury - Flood was fucked. Why leave him on? He couldn't run or do anything at all, NEVER touched that ball after injury and couldn't pressure defensively. All we did was add to the injury I'd think, very poor decision to leave him on.

Had already made 3 subs before his injury. Was it better to play with a passenger of just go down to 10? we'll never know now

Heyhoe guys,

I was there at the stadium and maybe the only Person from Luxembourg who likes Aberdeen. It was the first time I got the opportunity to watch a live game from the Dons. But I have to agree with all the others, it was a very very poor performance. Even if they could get 2 penalties, Logan first Half and I think Rooney second.

But the positive thing was that Aberdeen had a great Away support, very nice lads to drink a few beers with and good loyal Support, way better than the Fola one ;)

So maybee see you soon once at Pittodrie ;)