Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Partick v Dons - 8/03 - 745 PM

Jute

Friday night football this week for the Dons so a very short week for the players after Monday nights fiasco. Looks like Hayes is out which is a blow as we do not look like creating much when he is not in the team. Would assume either Smith or Pawlett will replace him but neither deserves to following their showings in the last 2 games. Suspect Flood will return to midfield with Church dropping to the bench. Would love McInnes to drop Taylor but that is not going to happen. Need to get back to winning ways as we cannot afford to have another slump like we had in October. Hopefully get an early goal to settle any nerves.

In

Bar in the West End of the Weeg

Away End

Train back to the capital

2-0 Rooney and McLean

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Likely to miss this one tonight but fuck me do we need to see a reaction after Monday's shambles. As Jute says, would love to see him drop Taylor but having two left sided centre halves isn't a great idea (whom both Consie and McKenna are). Throwing McKenna in maybe a bit too early, especially alongside Reynolds who can't look after himself let alone someone else. I'd even be tempted to see what this other lad can do, I have no faith in Brown and neither do the defense.

Out

Work

Pub

Flat

1-1, Rooney

I can remember lots of games being called off for frozen pitches etc but this season there appears to be a big rise in the number of 'waterlogged pitch postponements.

I believe the only premier teams who have not had a home match postponed this season for this are

Aberdeen - Grass

Ross County - Grass

Motherwell ( :o ) - Grass (occasionally)

Hamilton - Artificial

Kilmarnock - Artificial

I wonder if we will soon see a U-turn from the authorities on their anti- artificial surface chat

Don't think so as I'm sure that's a champions league night. So a double whammy for the clubs  ::)

They're allowed to show the game on a CL night if it's a re-arranged fixture. But the fact BT have the CL and had this game may mean they choose not to show it.

Also, do the clubs not only get TV cash per game if it's the cup?

• 2 weeks later...

From looking, this isn't going to be on TV. BT sport are showing Hull - Arsenal and the Real Chumps league fixture  :(

Really hope we manage to build on our performance against the arabs.  They're not really in any level of consistent form at the moment, apart from they seem to love playing St. Johnstone. If we manage to keep the defensive fuck ups to zero, we should be ok.

Oh and Alan Muir is the referee. He the one that was so bad he should have been lynched and didn't come out for the second Half?

Aye, that's the cunt, against ICT. Although, was he not replaced by Bobby Madden?

To be fair to him, he's not been that bad since that day.

Aye, that's the cunt, against ICT. Although, was he not replaced by Bobby Madden?

To be fair to him, he's not been that bad since that day.

Couldn't do much worse though could he ??? Although i'd still say he's better than Collum who is consistently shite.

Starting to get quite nervous about this one now..... even the good news that Hayes is back is making me nervous that he's being rushed back and will suffer a season ender 5 minutes in.

This whole title challenging thing isn't good for my health

Starting to get quite nervous about this one now..... even the good news that Hayes is back is making me nervous that he's being rushed back and will suffer a season ender 5 minutes in.

This whole title challenging thing isn't good for my health

Its the whole reading lots of articles about us which gets me. Never been used to being able to read so much about us, especially positive ones which instil hope.

So how do we see ourselves lining up?  I'd presume given that they don't have Bannigan, we stick with the same team and have a straight swap for Hayes and Pawlett?

Also rumour has it that it's on BeINSports so a stream (not that we want the link, at all!) may be available.