Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Lovell dropped due to fight with Sandy Clark?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tactics seem pretty self explanatory to me: Four sideways passes then a punt up the park. Whats not to know?

Imo the players always seem to look confused when not in possession of the ball.  Nicholson starts running round after the opposition as the rest of the team watch him.  Nobody seems to know who they're supposed to be picking up or closing down etc.

Not sure if anyone else can confirm this, but Jamie Smith was the summariser for RedTV on Tuesday and let slip that the players think JC has lost the plot with his team selections and tactics?

Read somewhere that the commentator on Red TV said - am not sure what tactics or positions JC wil be using tonight and Jamie Smith added neither do we.

In regards to Lovell - regardless of his ability, desire to play football  - at present he is a waste of a wage.

Unless his salary is justified for His main use at present as a scapegoat.

The sooner we get things sorted out with Lovell and other players Miller / Nicholson the better.

But JC can't be responsible for that. Are we really saying JCs tactics are so confusing that they remove the  ability to pass a football or close down the opposition?

I would strongly suggest that is shite.

Anyone who has played any sort of football would realise that a large percentage of the game is decision making and improvision on part of the players.

If players start to hide behind the tactics as a cause for their general shiteness then that just confirms my suspicion that they have no backbone.

Anyway, I listened to Smith on RED TV and it was tongue in cheek, no more.

If it was more a case of s sign that he has lost the dressing room then he needs to realise this and ship out the moaners. 

But JC can't be responsible for that. Are we really saying JCs tactics are so confusing that they remove the  ability to pass a football or close down the opposition?

I would strongly suggest that is shite.

I agree. Team spirit and motivation are what seem to be missing.

I'm intrigued with how this'll pan out. After all, Langfield got away with it in the summer...

Edit: Damn you, itchy post finger...

Anyway, presumably swearing at a coach is a breach of discipline of some sort. I don't think we've never heard of Lovell breaching club discipline before, but Langfield was very publicly told he was leaving as he'd had his last chance as far as disciplinary matters go. This could end up being a case of who looks liek a JC favourite now. One thing i do know though, and that's the fact that it'll be spectaularly badly handled until it's all settled.

Most of you have probably heard the rumours that Stevie Lovell was dropped from the squad on Tueday because of an altercation with Sandy Clark in training on Monday. There has been stuff mentioned on KKK-Chat (i know, i know) about it, but a colleague has just told me it's in today's Sun (That is the standard of my colleague). Anyone seen this?

A friend of a relative  is mates with an Aberdeen player, the player told him the main 2 players involved were lovell and Lee Mair, lovell went in a two footed challange and it escalated from thjere as lovell and him don't get on from there days at dundee, also said that sandy clark is creating an atmosphere and making the dressing room a bad place to be. as a result of this he said lee miller is leaving at the end of the season because of what sandy clark is doing

Heard much the same as everyone else - Lovell and Mair involved, never liked each other blah blah.

JC has never liked or rated Lovell, and now his coaching staff have handled a situation sufficiently badly to give him the perfect excuse to get rid.

Lovell hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip this year or a reasonable run in the team. He's got crucial goals coming off the bench, gets recalled for one game and gets slated for his performance v United. He's a striker, and as such requires service, something we're incapable of providing at present. And when I say service that's not a throat-high ball blootered at him from 70 yards, as is the norm.

So sadly it looks as though he'll be off and there goes our best chance of goals in my humble opinion....

Not to worry we've still got Mackie  :hammer:

I suspect the current hype over Lovell promoting him to messiah status is nothing but a cynical attempt by many to have a go at the manager.

I had a mate say to me the other night that "Lovell was the one who got us into europe"... obviously nothing to do with a solid defence including Anderson then, or the whole team performing to a better standard across the whole season.

Myself, I still have reservations that a man tried in court for punching his hairdresser girlfriend is a good guy to have in the dressing room.

Langfield's exile certainly did him some good - for a time anyway.

And what if Lovell gets brought back - and we still aren't back to winning ways - the manager will get slated for his tactics as usual.

The knives are out for Calderwood - lets hope for a win on sunday to pick us up in time for Bayern!!!

Controversial - I don't think there was ever a charge and she admitted he'd 'only' sworn at her. He did crash a new car once though, maybe that's a good reason not to have him.  ::)

Darren may be just as bad - it just hasn't made the paper about it!

I suspect the current hype over Lovell promoting him to messiah status is nothing but a cynical attempt by many to have a go at the manager.

I had a mate say to me the other night that "Lovell was the one who got us into europe"... obviously nothing to do with a solid defence including Anderson then, or the whole team performing to a better standard across the whole season.

Myself, I still have reservations that a man tried in court for punching his hairdresser girlfriend is a good guy to have in the dressing room.

Langfield's exile certainly did him some good - for a time anyway.

And what if Lovell gets brought back - and we still aren't back to winning ways - the manager will get slated for his tactics as usual.

The knives are out for Calderwood - lets hope for a win on sunday to pick us up in time for Bayern!!!

Hype over Lovell? It was Caldercunt who signed him. It was Lovell who's scored in big matches for us (yes, Lee Miller, that is 'big matches'), so why shouldn't we want the guy to have a reasonable chance this season?