Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Lovell dropped due to fight with Sandy Clark?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been looking for a reason to drop him all season.  The constant shunning of him and name calling in the papers has probably lead to this.

Very playground related stuff.

All parties concerned should grow the fuck up and get on with the jobs they are paid to do.

::)

That's the AFC shop window your talking about

About binning him for nothing? I agree completely pending who he replaces Lovell with.

About punishing him for having a boot at someone in training, that depends on the circumstances.

Bit of both. The circumstances won't ever really be known but if it goes the way described in the "paper" then it is a disgraceful bit of management by Calderwood.

Lovell is better than what we can hope to replace him with. I dread to think who WILL replace him. ::)

Bit of both. The circumstances won't ever really be known but if it goes the way described in the "paper" then it is a disgraceful bit of management by Calderwood.

Lovell is better than what we can hope to replace him with. I dread to think who WILL replace him. ::)

Theres plenty of lazy non-scoring strikers out there, not a huge problem.  :wave:

Theres plenty of lazy non-scoring strikers out there, not a huge problem.  :wave:

With a better than 1 in 3 goalscoring ratio (including sub appearances), he's already better than anyone we have.  I don't think he's played more than 3 games in succession this season.  He was certainly up for it against Falkirk (away), and no less so than any of our other strikers have shown this season.

Stuff like this happens in training all the time.  It probably should've been kept in house but because it is an out-of-favour striker then all of a sudden he's "played his last game".  Just smacks of sensationalism.  A good manager would try to take advantage of the fire he's got in him just now and tell him he's got one more chance to save himself.

With a better than 1 in 3 goalscoring ratio (including sub appearances), he's already better than anyone we have.  I don't think he's played more than 3 games in succession this season.  He was certainly up for it against Falkirk (away), and no less so than any of our other strikers have shown this season.

Stuff like this happens in training all the time.  It probably should've been kept in house but because it is an out-of-favour striker then all of a sudden he's "played his last game".  Just smacks of sensationalism.  A good manager would try to take advantage of the fire he's got in him just now and tell him he's got one more chance to save himself.

Since his wee run at the end of his first season he's done nothing at all to convince me he's worthy of playing for a top 6 club, the only player who is less effective over 90 minutes is Maguire, who should never be in a dons top again till he actually learns how to play football.

Won't be missed. Jimmy has a whole string of nearly men in his little black book...

We will get someone equally as useless in the summer nae probs.

On the other hand, if he scores 10 goals between now and then all this will be forgotten and he'll be signed as, 'Just the kind of determined character we are looking for in the squad'...

Fitba is a bit like a primary school playground in that respect.

Since his wee run at the end of his first season he's done nothing at all to convince me he's worthy of playing for a top 6 club

That's about the only run he's ever been allowed to have though, he hasn't had a run of games in the first team since.

I'm convinced that if you were to give Lovell 10 consecutive starts, he'd get 5 goals.

Problem with Lovell is that his family is rich enough that he doesnt even have to play fitba. He plays for enjoyment and not for the wage. It is going to take a special kind of motivator to get the best out of his undoubted talent. Unfortunatlely, Calderwoods idea of motivation is to endlessly berate a player in the vain hope of getting a positive repsones. Oor Stevie isnt going to react well to this. If JC is staying, the Lovell was always going to leave I'm afraid.

It's all a bit OTT. Jimmy clearly doesn't rate him anymore so it looks as though he'll be on his way out at the end of the season anyway. 

I'd expect Lovell (if fit) to be back in the squad on Sunday at the expense of Maguire.