Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Just in

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mightily hacked off. Took a half day off to go to that shambles tonight. I've never been so disgusted in a performance, particularly a cup semi with a big prize at stake!

No energy

No pace (despite playing against probably the slowest central defensive partnership ever)

No hunger

No desire

No creativity

Virtually no shots on target

United wanted it more than we did and it showed.

Don't get me started on player ratings, tactics, fans behaviour and refereeing. I'm too raging to type anything remotely coherent.

Maybe tomorrow.

Well if you think the mood is bad on here you should see it elsewhere.

Aye, the mood on the last train North!

I can take the footie banter, used to it on 2 hour journeys back from Pittodrie!

However, some of the arabs "banter" tonight on the train was well out of order.

It got very personal (or to be more specific - one guy did, egged on by his mates), when they thought I was the only "sheep shagger" left in the carriage after police removed 2 fellow sheep for apparently feck all at Inverkeithing.

Subsequently  :hammer: :hammer: ......

Langfield - Yes he was utter cuntage. Couldn't catch crosses and then the goals......

McNamara - Dire the first 15mins, out of position and getting run ragged. Slightly improved when we went to 3-5-1 but was gash the whole game.

Diamond - Wondering why the fuck he decided to stay!

Considine - Absolutley fucking awful, out of position and how he lasted 67 mins before being subbed is astounding.

Foster - Did not want to make tackes, could not understand how to track a player, couldnt pass.

Nicholson - Would have not noticed him before Millers sending off if it wasnt the bad passing. Was still shit when pushing forward after Millers red.

Severin - Im not too sure how to rate Severin.

Walker - Told by the guys on Sat he was good, he cant pass - hoofs in the air and passes miles from where they should be. Was willing to move and shows that making space is easy if you try.

Young - This man is not a footballer!

Miller - Silly silly second yellow, was stuck up fornt with no support for the whole time he was on the pitch.

Mackie - Hmm same as seve not too sure what to say

At least we kept it to 4, as they could have so easily increased it at the end. Players, formations, lack of substitutions lead to the shables tonight.

On a positive note we played better than we did when Hearts gubbed us 4-1 at Tynecastle a few months back.

I have to say I am disgusted with the stupidity of large numbers of our fans tonight. Yes Langfield had been pelted with many missiles and we had the moral high ground. Yes they scored and the keeper was winding up our fans but the sheer volume of missles thrown at him is utter stupidity. This continued and continued to happen, and we will be in trouble for it. Many many of our supporters are guilty of this and I am more annoyed at this than the result.

I have no idea what the replies to your post say. But I am going to say that I think it is unfair rating any player tonight because the tactics set out by the "manager" were so utterly abysmal that I now have to say that good footballers are being compromised.  I honestly felt sorry for Nicholson, Walker and Diamond tonight. IF Nicholson has any sense, he'd leave us immediately, he was the only guy busting a gut to do something for us and yet was one of the first for JC's fury on the touchline. Very, very sad.

My tuppence worth:

Calderwood - tactics wrong, why not stick with 2 up front?

Langfield - possibly his worst performance in a Dons top

Walker - not a shadow of his performance on Saturday but still probably our best performer last night

Considine/Foster - should be punted down to the reserves, they have been awful this season

Aluko - I think we've seen the best of him already.  His shirking out of a challenge with the keeper last night was appauling

Nicholson - should be benched.  He's not playing well since confirming he hasn't/won't sign a contract

Diamond - need to hope him and Bus can form a partnership and it will help some of the other positions further forward

Ref - totally inept performance, especially in the first half.  Free kick that led to their first goal should have been a free kick to us.  Although Miller's first booking appeared to be for something he said, it was never a foul in the first place

DUFC fans - a disgrace for pelting Langfield who I'm sure did nothing to warrant it

DUFC keeper - would like to see him cautioned by the police for near inciting a riot

Our fans - as usual we cannot avoid rising to the bait, some of our fans were a disgrace and I was worried some were going on the pitch to take on the keeper

Stewards/police - an absolute disgrace at both ends of the pitch

All in all a complete shambles of an evening, on many fronts.

However, there are bound to be some knee jerk reactions calling for Calderwood's head.  IMHO he must be given to the end of the season to see if he can somehow salvage anything - either a Scottish cup final or qualifying for Europe in the league.  If not the questions, should be asked in the summer, not now when we still have some very important games coming up.

The players and the management and some of the fans let the club down last night!

STAND FREE!

Words cannot explain how I feel this morning. I just feel bad for everyone that went along to it, and even worse for the ones who stayed till the end!

I thought I might feel slightly better about things this morning, but I'm still fucking raging...... I almost stayed to the end and only left when they held up the board dislaying an extra three minutes and thought there is only o much of this you can reasonably be expected to take :-\

An Arab posted on another board:

I was situated about 10 yards behind the aberdeen dug out last night and for the first hour of the match i watched aghast at jimmy calderwood's body language. There wasa point about 15 minutes in when the young lad you have on loan, josh walker?, showed great vision and awareness to spot a team mate free on the right hand side and immediately turned and played the ball towards him. He didnt catch it correctly and he played it behind the player and out for a united throw in right beside the dug outs. IMO a good peice of vision and just unfortunate that he misplaced it.

Calderwoods reaction was to throw his hands to the floor in disgustand then berate the young lad for five seconds.

At about the same time i looked over to Levein who was signalling to his united defenders to relax and be calm.

Couldn't agree more.

Not having been there last night (for the usual reasons) is it an issue that the "players" have only one thing on their minds and it's Bayern.

Seems to me from reading reports and the comments on the bestAFC forum that since Copenhagen (Falkirk replay apart?) we've seen, at best, "lackluster" performances from players (possibly cos they know our squad is so thin and JC "can't" drop them?) who feel guaranteed a playe in the UEFA cup game regardless of what they do inbetween.

Last night was the most disappointed and angry I've felt in a long time, however "surprise" at the result wasn't one of my emotions....what does that say about the performances recently.

Even one of the hun-lover kids I teach was genuinely sympathetic this morning......ugh!

Not having been there last night (for the usual reasons) is it an issue that the "players" have only one thing on their minds and it's Bayern.

That may be the case. But continually playing players out of position and continually playing to negative tactics isn't going to help even if they weren't feeling that way is it?

And you really shouldn't give JC another excuse as to why none of this is his fault.

And another thing

I think Langfield is a good GK for us, but how fucking hard is it to sort his kicking out!!  :hammer:

Everybody knows that he can't kick. It's a BASIC skill to kick a ball in a straight line ffs!

I knew United were going to score from the corner that he gave away where he somehow managed to skew the ball backwards.

An Arab posted on another board:

"I was situated about 10 yards behind the aberdeen dug out last night and for the first hour of the match i watched aghast at jimmy calderwood's body language. There wasa point about 15 minutes in when the young lad you have on loan, josh walker?, showed great vision and awareness to spot a team mate free on the right hand side and immediately turned and played the ball towards him. He didnt catch it correctly and he played it behind the player and out for a united throw in right beside the dug outs. IMO a good peice of vision and just unfortunate that he misplaced it.

Calderwoods reaction was to throw his hands to the floor in disgustand then berate the young lad for five seconds.

At about the same time i looked over to Levein who was signalling to his united defenders to relax and be calm."

Couldn't agree more.

Maybe if we had a captain on the park giving the players a hard time for kicking a ball out of play then he wouldn't need to?

But that's by the by as I couldn't give a flying fuck what Calderwood does on the touchline.  Martin O'Neil was a grade-A, jack-in-the-box arsehole but I'd have him in charge in a minute.  It's what the manager does in training, team talks and decision making during matches that concerns me.

Just got pointed out a bit of deja-vu, last time we were knocked out of a cup we lost 4-1 in Edinburgh.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/6268169.stm

And before that was it not a 4-1 humping in Dundee?

I'm totally fucking raging at last night - i couldn't make it to Swinecastle, but by the sounds of things on the radio and on here, we completely gave up which is totally fucking unacceptable.

Sadly, we've been playing shite for weeks and that has been coming.  The only games we have risen to the occasion under Calderwood is the 2- 0 win over Rangers in the final game of last season and Copenhagen.  However, for both of those results, there are five or six occasions where we've been completely fucked over when we've built the game up as a "must win" - Absolutely fucking disgusting. 

The fans let down once again - hang your head in shame AFC.

I would suggest we clear players out, but given the shite we seem to bring in to replace the players we sell, i'm not sure what the hell we can do.  We've got about 7  or 8 players who need binned if we are to seriously to do anything - however, despite my backing him against some unjust criticism in the past, the buck stops at Calderwood i'm afraid.

Absolutely fucking fuming. >:D

What pisses me off most ?

We will play out of our skins against Bayern. Fucking Aberdeen  :hammer: :hammer:

Is Calderwood planning on fielding a skeleton squad due to the lack of ability/bottle in the available players?

Boom, boom.

Guess my sense of humour hasnae come back after all....

Martin O'Neil was a grade-A, jack-in-the-box arsehole but I'd have him in charge in a minute.  It's what the manager does in training, team talks and decision making during matches that concerns me.

Yeah but how often does Martin O'Neil berate and belittle his own players while they're on the pitch, or even off it?

Yeah but how often does Martin O'Neil berate and belittle his own players while they're on the pitch, or even off it?

So the fans are allowed to boo and show their disappointment but the manager who trains them into a well oiled machine isn't allowed to be?

The M.O'N. parallel was only one off the top of my head regarding his body language.  Morinho publically cut Joe Cole down to the size of a pea, mid-celebration, just after he scored because he wasn't happy with him.  My point is, pitchside manner is just an excuse to have a pop as it isn't mentioned when we're winning.

Players need dropped at a domesitc level if they even want a bench space at Bayern.

Very few of them deserve to be in the starting line up.

Its common knowledge that many of the squad know that what ever happens they will be in the team week in week out.

Monkey - I pointed that out to someone last night. We can but dream.

My opinions, as I didn't want to come on after the game.

Left my second ever game early, previous one being the other 4-1 cup pumping in Edinburgh. Mainly due to getting a lift with glasgow sheep and he was leaving. It meant I missed the Bus though.  :wave:

Langfield was clearly nervous from the start. Obviously had the league game on his mind as did Hunt and was very wary. Whatever his crazy two handed punch downs were about though, who knows. United were working psychology on him, particularly in second half when he was at their end and it worked. I knew that skewed kick was going out for a corner before he did it, and I knew the 3rd and 4th goals (which I'll get to) were going to happen. I don't think he should be dropped as won't do him any good and he's still better than Soutar, but we need some decent competition for him. He will be just as gutted as us about the result I'm sure, if his Copnehagen celebration is anything to go by.

Lee Miller. Not sure if his first yellow was for persistent fouling or dissent but I certainly saw it coming. 2nd yellow I never saw the challenge, but the sending off was inevitable. Wilkie and Dods were at him the whole game, both physically and pointing in your face argumentative type stuff at free kicks. Sadly none of our players tried to do the same to Hunt/Wilkie/Dods who we know can be riled as well. Was gutted for him being sent off when he obviously would like to make a point to Utd, but he played shit, partly due to the fact he had nobody supporting him though.

Goal number 4. Scott Severin is not my favourite player, and I frequently get told that we should understand him a bit more, cos like any of us, 'sometimes he just doesn't perform to his best, like I don't necessarily try my hardest at work every day and skive' (paraphrased). Well, as I've always said, you cannot be a pro footballer with an attitude like that, far less our captain. He was fucking abysmal last night, and all I can say is I was glad Funster wasn't there or I was anywhere near BTR as my rage at him was enough without hearing theirs too! Captain of the team, did anything but lead by example. Your keeper is under immense pressure and nervous after conceding 3 goals. You are 2m away from him with the ball at your feet, and United player hovering over you. Do you a) attempt to clear the ball, even if it means conceding a corner or throw in, or b) put your keeper under even more pressure with a passback he can do nothing with as the United player closes him down. Obviously, if you're Scott Severin, Mr Hand on Hips, you go for b. He better fucking be dropped on Sunday or stripped of captaincy or something, as he is not a leader and if he can't motivate himself hasn't got a fucking chance in hell of motivating his team.

Zander was about the only person who seemed to care last night. Nobody else I'm going to bother mentioning, except maybe Walker. Didn't play up to Saturday's standards but maybe to be expected - 2nd start, 18 year old, in cup semi v United? Wouldn't know what to expect. He did seem frustrated however and is maybe wondering why the hell he came here.

Arghjhjepiwhfsdn3[-rwejdn.

And another thing

I think Langfield is a good GK for us, but how fucking hard is it to sort his kicking out!!  :hammer:

Everybody knows that he can't kick. It's a BASIC skill to kick a ball in a straight line ffs!

Is it not because Jim Leighton does the goalkeeping coaching? Blind leading the blind and all that......