Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Derek McInnes

Yes, you've just spent the last few posts "berating" the manager.

For the second point, to win the league we need to be on a more level playing field (never going to be level because we don't attract support just because we're bigots), not just money, but transfers, media, refereeing, league re-arranging games, fair split of money generated, TV coverage, SPFL, not getting the big bucks from the "big boys only UEFA farce",  not being portrayed as a "dead end/end of the world" location to bring your family (pretty sure you regularly slag off Aberdeen as a "terrible place to live", aye, that's gonna attract players?)

Oh, and the "anger management" advice still holds.

I said he wouldn't win the league. That's all. He's not good enough in my opinion.

You seem to think there isn't a level playing field and we CAN'T win the league. To include the media, refs, the arrangement of games etc. as potential excuses is pathetic in my opinion.

I've never slagged off Aberdeen as a place to live. You're fabricating shite. I wouldn't have chosen to return here if I felt like that, having enjoyed 15 years abroad enjoying a fantastic standard of living. I CHOOSE to live here and I can live anywhere I fucking want.

Get your facts right.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not angry. Passionate, yes but never ever been described as angry in my life.

You're not very good at reading people, are you, to go with your list of contradictory thinking and making shit up?

Saying somebody isn't good enough to do something is one philosophy and one point of view.

Succession planning is another discipline, another argument and another debate entirely.

Critical thinking, the clarity thereof and communication not on your list of strengths either?

To go with the arsey attitude. Where did that come from? You got frustrations in life? *

You should have heard Radio Scotland an hour or so ago, talking about exactly this subject re Lawwell.

There is none of that going on at Pittodrie because there is no plan and no ambition.

Milne got lucky with McInnes.

Edit:  * And if you are a teacher in real life, you don't have to explain. We understand.

Maybe the honeymoon is over.

Maybe the man hasn't the self discipline to keep on putting one foot in front of the other.

Maybe he's unlucky.

Maybe he got lucky but he's not actually any good.

Maybe there are some truths in the rumours.

The only thing that is known is that his team are performing like shit.

I doubt that anyone genuinely knows why.

This will definitely be the making of his career with us. If he can reverse this slump, it will prove a massive test of character. Something has happened, there is no other logical explanation; however we shouldn't dwell on why it's more a case of how we can change this awful form. I'd like to think this is a blip, but it's a fucking awful one at that. All the good work is about to be undone. Let's hope he can turn it around and we start to perform like we had done earlier in the season.

Maybe the honeymoon is over.

Maybe the man hasn't the self discipline to keep on putting one foot in front of the other.

Maybe he's unlucky.

Maybe he got lucky but he's not actually any good.

Maybe there are some truths in the rumours.

The only thing that is known is that his team are performing like shit.

I doubt that anyone genuinely knows why.

I think it's the end. That wasn't a McInnes side I saw yesterday. The players are not playing for him - in possession, we're ok at times, but out of possession we are not doing what we've always done under McInnes and that is work our socks off. That's usually the first sign that he doesn't have the "staff" on his side.

I think it's the end. That wasn't a McInnes side I saw yesterday. The players are not playing for him - in possession, we're ok at times, but out of possession we are not doing what we've always done under McInnes and that is work our socks off. That's usually the first sign that he doesn't have the "staff" on his side.

I think you are sadly right. Something has changed in the dressing room. Players no longer look like they are all pulling in the same direction and level of effort has dropped off alarmingly. I would not be surprised if McInnes was gone in next few weeks.

A sad indictment of a lack of professionalism if true.

This is an interesting dichotomy. Even if as a professional footballer you don't respect your manager, what sort of loser mentality doesn't put in 100% anyway?

It will all come out in the wash but McInnes is finished. Nobody can survive the loss of the dressing room. It's a pity they're such a weak dressing room in our situation though. They should have confronted the manager collectively and kept the dirty washing private instead of fucking the fans.

And fucking themselves up the arse. Most of the journeymen pros we have will never know what it feels like to win the league. These shambolic sulky performances for well over a month now shows us why. Fucking disgrace. Find themselves in a perfect position after a freak start, their only chance ever in their whole careers for most of them and then they shoot themselves in the feet. Shite attitudes.

AFC = a fucking embarrassment.

A season that had so much potential and probably the best squad we've had in yonks is going to down the pan drastically. Shite state of affairs.  All my non-dons mates are loving this  >:(:

Even with all this though, surely it doesn't explain some of his completely random substitution choices?

Sadly I would have to agree with some of the thoughts being shared here, I certainly did not see 11 players who were playing for their manager or even the fans on Saturday which is very sad. Exception for Danny Ward however as he was very passionate at the end when he pulled off those string of saves and he did not jold back in venting his frustration at the players in front of him.

I genuinely hope McInnes can turns things around but I think we can all agree that something has twinges somewhere and something certainly isnt right and you do get the feeling that maybe the players are not behind him 100%.

You mentioned Ward, the best thing to have happened to AFC for well over a decade although many will argue that the day Parkhead turned red to see the most abject classless game of football ranks better.

That reminded me of Clangers and his woeful misjudgement to hand the new scum all three points yesterday.

When a fucking idiot gets given the gig for so long, an essentially crucial role for any team aspiring to be good, supported by successive managers and ex-players who themselves played in properly motivated AFC teams, you know that they're just picking up their wages and not giving a fuck. And the culture they "work" in allows them to.

Stewrat Milne's AFC = a fucking embarrassment for 20 years.

There are rumours flying around town that McInnes has been shagging the wife of a player, which I won't disclose the identity of because I personally don't know anything other than the rumour and most rumours have malicious origins and are fabricated. Even the taxi driver that got me home in the wee hours of Sunday was speaking about it.

If, and that's a big if, there was any substance in it then it might explain a total collapse since we beat Celtic. Or it could be the wos media deliberately trying to derail the competition. Even if it is a pack of lies, a good manager would have dealt with it effectively and even turned it to our advantage. After all, how difficult is it to say to the whole dressing room - "by the way, have you seen that shite on xxxx that I'm meant to be shagging your wife, xxx? Like I would be so lucky! Guys, it's total nonsense, my wife would kill me and it's obvious that the wos media are shit scared of us. How low can they get to try and disrupt our campaign? Let's fucking show them"... or equivalent.

There are rumours flying around town that McInnes has been shagging the wife of a player, which I won't disclose the identity of because I personally don't know anything other than the rumour and most rumours have malicious origins and are fabricated. Even the taxi driver that got me home in the wee hours of Sunday was speaking about it.

If, and that's a big if, there was any substance in it then it might explain a total collapse since we beat Celtic. Or it could be the wos media deliberately trying to derail the competition. Even if it is a pack of lies, a good manager would have dealt with it effectively and even turned it to our advantage. After all, how difficult is it to say to the whole dressing room - "by the way, have you seen that shite on xxxx that I'm meant to be shagging your wife, xxx? Like I would be so lucky! Guys, it's total nonsense, my wife would kill me and it's obvious that the wos media are shit scared of us. How low can they get to try and disrupt our campaign? Let's fucking show them"... or equivalent.

Those rumours have been doing the rounds for a couple of weeks and since spread to the hat.

The player in question has rubbished the rumours as has the club, fairly certain it's all bollocks.

Those rumours have been doing the rounds for a couple of weeks and since spread to the hat.

The player in question has rubbished the rumours as has the club, fairly certain it's all bollocks.

I knew it had been kicking about for a while. Didn't know the hat were discussing it and didn't know that the player had made a statement or otherwise dealt with it. I'm neither certain nor fairly certain on any of it because I don't know.

All I do know is that's it's been a remarkable and hitherto inexplicable collapse, starting immediately after we beat Celtic and at Easter Road. The truth will out one day.

I'd like to hope it wasn't that either, but something is definitely up. No teams form drops so dramatically without reason.

Edit: as Rocket says.

If it was the same rumour, then it was Ash Taylor's missus and it was started by some chunt on twitter. Given that Taylor dealt with it on twitter in a reasonably jovial manner would suggest that it was fuck all about nothing,so the players are probably not concerned either way.

To me, it just looks like a severe dip in confidence, which has been made worse by inconsistent team (formation) selection and poor use of subs. It seems that, in an attempt to make us unpredictable, McInnes has actually made us less potent, disorganised and pedestrian. I thought at times at the weekend we started looking like an organised team again, and it showed in the creation of several good chances. The glaring issue for us seems to be the second holding midfielder alongside Jack. Unfortunately - because I think he's an ace left back - Shinnie is the only option in there just now with Flood good enough to provide cover against Partick and such like. MacLean and Pawlett are clearly either/or players not both on the pitch at the same time.

The problem is that it had to be a flawless season from us to win the title (and a huge slice of luck), and we've let that slip. We needed guys like McLaughlin and Parker to be hidden gems. I think it was clear in the way that both were signed that that was never going to be the case, and the punt on them hasn't paid off. If we can keep the gap to Celtic small between now and January, hopefully we'll make space for another striker or winger and a centre mid.

The difference between us and the Tims, or McInnes and Delia to be more precise, is that one has scope for error and the other doesn't. McInnes isn't good enough to have a perfect season, but I doubt many mangers exist that are.

I'd like to hope it wasn't that either, but something is definitely up. No teams form drops so dramatically without reason.

Edit: as Rocket says.

Admittedly it's not based on anything seeing as I've missed the past couple of games but I'm not convinced. If anything I'd agree with Rico on this one, but again it's just my gut feeling rather than being based on anything more.

I'm not sure I agree with no teams form dropping so dramatically without reason either... how are Chelsea getting on just now?

Admittedly it's not based on anything seeing as I've missed the past couple of games but I'm not convinced. If anything I'd agree with Rico on this one, but again it's just my gut feeling rather than being based on anything more.

I'm not sure I agree with no teams form dropping so dramatically without reason either... how are Chelsea getting on just now?

I rest my case, it's not without reason either. Mourinho has lost the plot, the Eva Carniera situation just highlighted that.  ;)

I'm not disagreeing with what Rico says, it's equally as plausible as we don't know what the fuck is going on. Until the situation is resolved one way or another, we'll never know.  I guess it makes it all the more frustrating given the start we had.  Probably beyond our wildest expectations.

I rest my case, it's not without reason either. Mourinho has lost the plot, the Eva Carniera situation just highlighted that.  ;)

Is it though? Or was the Eva Carniera situation a result of the pressure he was under.

I'd argue Chelsea lost form long before that.  Mostly the same players as last season, similar tactics, totally different performances. It's not too dissimilar...

Is it though? Or was the Eva Carniera situation a result of the pressure he was under.

I'd argue Chelsea lost form long before that.  Mostly the same players as last season, similar tactics, totally different performances. It's not too dissimilar...

And i'd agree with that; however I think he lost the plot long before that.  It was the straw that broke the camels back if you will or at least in public anyway. He was clearly pissed off about something over the summer. a lot of people down here have put it down to "lack of support" in the transfer market.  Can't believe you've compared us to the London Huns though...;)

Think i will be posting here more often given up with afc chat , every thread derailed and full of puerile idiots. Anyway seismic shift in performance level since Hearts , where I witnessed a team playing like we did in 90,91 and 93 . Wonderful. You cannot go from that level of performance to losing 5-1 at home to shite like St Johnstone.

Somethings up players have not been as active on social media, the banter seems to have dried up. I dismiss the shagging taylors wife rumour, more plausible ones are Logan's antics have pissed too many players off, Mcinnes had sent his c.v. to another club and players have lost faith in him, or he had such a go at the players after Hibs they havent reacted.

Who knows but i am not buying the pish that teams have 'worked out' how to play against us.

And i'd agree with that; however I think he lost the plot long before that.  It was the straw that broke the camels back if you will or at least in public anyway. He was clearly pissed off about something over the summer. a lot of people down here have put it down to "lack of support" in the transfer market.  Can't believe you've compared us to the London Huns though...;)

I just thought I'd use an example you're likely to actually know about to prove that teams can lose form for little or no reason. ;)

Somethings up players have not been as active on social media, the banter seems to have dried up. I dismiss the shagging taylors wife rumour, more plausible ones are Logan's antics have pissed too many players off, Mcinnes had sent his c.v. to another club and players have lost faith in him, or he had such a go at the players after Hibs they havent reacted.

Where's the rumours about McInnes sending his CV off to clubs come from? That's a new one on me anyway.  As with Logan's antics, whats the rumour there?

These have been gleaned from many sources whether they are accurate or not remains to be seen.  I saw several mentions that Mcinnes had applied for Rotherham job, in fact your man Tyrone had mentioned they had him on shortlist. Plausible? Maybe but hardly a step up.

Ab mad some posts about tear up between Jack and Logan...given his paper slap antics hardly surprising.

None of these maybe true, but something is wrong somewhere

If it was the same rumour, then it was Ash Taylor's missus and it was started by some chunt on twitter. Given that Taylor dealt with it on twitter in a reasonably jovial manner would suggest that it was fuck all about nothing,so the players are probably not concerned either way.

To me, it just looks like a severe dip in confidence, which has been made worse by inconsistent team (formation) selection and poor use of subs. It seems that, in an attempt to make us unpredictable, McInnes has actually made us less potent, disorganised and pedestrian. I thought at times at the weekend we started looking like an organised team again, and it showed in the creation of several good chances. The glaring issue for us seems to be the second holding midfielder alongside Jack. Unfortunately - because I think he's an ace left back - Shinnie is the only option in there just now with Flood good enough to provide cover against Partick and such like. MacLean and Pawlett are clearly either/or players not both on the pitch at the same time.

The problem is that it had to be a flawless season from us to win the title (and a huge slice of luck), and we've let that slip. We needed guys like McLaughlin and Parker to be hidden gems. I think it was clear in the way that both were signed that that was never going to be the case, and the punt on them hasn't paid off. If we can keep the gap to Celtic small between now and January, hopefully we'll make space for another striker or winger and a centre mid.

The difference between us and the Tims, or McInnes and Delia to be more precise, is that one has scope for error and the other doesn't. McInnes isn't good enough to have a perfect season, but I doubt many mangers exist that are.

I was calling all summer for a new CM as it was glaringly obvious flood was the weak link.  I think it's a little premature to be talking about losing dressing rooms but what was hoped to be only a blip has very suddenly become something way more serious.  If the players have lost any faith in McInness then it's probably faith in his tactical  ability.  His selection and subs must be confusing the squad as much as us and it doesn't help that it's fairly obvious DM has no idea what his best side is.  A shoeing at the San Giro at the weekend could turn this into a full blown crisis...... An unlikely win on the other hand would do much to improve mood.  It's a big game for McInnes when you think about it.  Regardless of result I don't expect him to be sacked but I would speculate that any kind of embarrassing scoreline would turn a fair chunk of the support against him which would make his peg a bit more shoogly.