Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Derek McInnes

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably naive on such things but it disturbed me how some people jumped on the supposed sevco interest in McInnes to basically lay into the fact he used to play for them and as such would walk away as soon as they gave him a call.

There were even some in that camp suggesting he should go as he underachieved last season and the dons wont go any further with him in charge.

I'd like to think these people were all under 16 and know pretty much fuck all about the world but I fear it is not the case.

Has this sort of mentality always been the case among Aberdeen fans? Were there people suggesting Ferguson should jog on because he only took the team to the European Cup quarter finals?

Great news. Although I never thought for one minute he would go to Sevco. He has more sense than that.

In fairness I never really thought he would either, but as their car crash continued at pace and Derek's odds were reducing as a result of the zombie's lumping their giros on him, you just never knew.

Great news. I don't love the cunt but he's the best manager we've had for 29 years.

Thank you for your commitment Deek. Hope your next few years bring you great personal satisfaction.

Good cunt that cunt. A very good cunt.

Intelligent, passionate and enthusiastic. Is there any more?

Yet he's a weegie, I can only imagine the conflict inside your head right now  ;)

I'm probably naive on such things but it disturbed me how some people jumped on the supposed sevco interest in McInnes to basically lay into the fact he used to play for them and as such would walk away as soon as they gave him a call.

There were even some in that camp suggesting he should go as he underachieved last season and the dons wont go any further with him in charge.

I'd like to think these people were all under 16 and know pretty much fuck all about the world but I fear it is not the case.

Has this sort of mentality always been the case among Aberdeen fans? Were there people suggesting Ferguson should jog on because he only took the team to the European Cup quarter finals?

I don't think it was a case of entirely wild speculation. There was a vacuum of information for a week, and that inevitably makes for speculation, but it wasn't as if it was one or two rogue newspapers claiming he was on the radar at Rangers. Everyone had it. The bookies had him down to 7/4. There was *something* going there, but it was likely blown up because there was bugger all else in the sports news.

My own personal, slightly educated hunch is that they definitely wanted him, they couldn't afford compensation, McInnes was nonchalant about the speculation, their other targets got impatient, and Milne probably added a wee sweetener to a contract that was already on the table in some form or other, making it much easier to sign.

I am fairly certain there was an approach made for him, hence the news of the new deal.

We will never know how the mind works of  folk associated with either of the bigot brothers, but I honestly think Del is an intellegent guy and wouldn't have went anywhere near the place, but the media in Scotland is terribly biased towards the OF, so no wonder folk were getting a little worried over the past week or so.

The fact is now we have him for another 4 years, which is great news and hopefully we can continue to steadily build upon the foundations he and Dod Yule have laid over the past few years.

A good time to be a dandy.

Is it a coincidence that there was a new contract agreed the very same day there was all the speculation?

Doesn't matter now. Sir Deek has signed up and we will have him for the foreseeable future.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I dare say he'll end up there some day. But today is not that day.  :wave:

Great news but I doubt he will see it out, west Brom well poach him sooner or later

Fairly likely that he won't still be here in 4 years right enough but as long as we're paid the compensation owed when another club does come calling.

• 1 month later...

DM stirring the pot nicely in the herald, he really does remind me of fergie sometimes.

The Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes has slapped down Ronny Deila's assistant, John Collins, over comments in which he claimed that Scottish players are not good enough to offer Celtic proper preparation for European football.

The Parkhead No.2 sparked widespread anger when he claimed Ladbrokes Premiership players are not good enough to test the champions and that his side had to learn how to defend better in Europe.

He claimed Scottish players are not clever, nor quick enough, thinkers to give Deila's outfit a real challenge and that there are not enough quality players to punish them.

But McInnes reacted angrily to reports of Collins's remarks which he called disrespectful.

"He's got a lot to say for an assistant manager, to be honest," McInnes insisted.

"He's entitled to his opinion but if it was that easy they'd win the treble every year.

"I think it's very disparaging; it's a poor comment.

"Whether he thinks that or not, I think it's disrespectful to the rest of the league to say that. It's disappointing.

"There is a level of competition there that can test them and I think what he said is a slap in the face to the rest of the league."

Collins accusations are bound to foster antagonism from other managers while McInnes's retort could signal a tense game when the teams meet at Pittodrie on September 12.

only a six pack can take you so far  john  back in in your box ye scroat.    Collins like Sutton Provan the list is endless ex old firm gobshites.  we are not  listening now fuck aff..  Bit class fae  Mcinnies  I like it ,  more should be speaking up.  start questioning these cretins .

Yup, oor Deek is a class act, giving both barrels to COllins, who I rated as a player but comes across as an arrogant pr*ck as a human and is well suited for a role at victim FC.

Interesting that Griffiths has spoke out against the comments too, I suspect there maybe something bubbling below the surface there as I knew one of the Hibs players when Collins was managing them and I think every player hated the guy with a passion.

I would love us to get revenge on the chunt by taking 3 points when we meet them in a few weeks, actions speaking louder than words and all that...

• 1 month later...