Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Derek McInnes

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an absolute load of shite. Between this and the pish rumour started by that retarded clown Millertime on AFC Chat I've never read so much crap in my life.

Aye it's all laughable isn't it?

Saw someone posted a link on the hat to some Manc journalists Twitter feed "reporting" the rumours too, tagging ash and India Taylor in them... Classy move.

Loved his statement yesterday "this is my club"  8)

Aberdeen: Derek McInnes critical of Ladbrokes for exit rumours

Aberdeen's Derek McInnes has criticised Scottish Professional Football League sponsor Ladbrokes for fuelling rumours he was leaving the club.

On Wednesday, Ladbrokes suspended betting on manager McInnes parting ways with the Pittodrie club.

The bookmaker was named the SPFL leading sponsor in May, in a two-year deal worth over £4m.

"For the main sponsors to be involved in instigating it, I think is disappointing," said McInnes.

"I was a bit baffled by the whole thing. You start to get calls from press guys and you soon realise it's something that's gathering a bit of momentum.

"They have a responsibility to work with the clubs, as main sponsor, and not work against clubs and managers. There have been other managers who have been put under pressure unnecessarily; the job is difficult enough.

"It isn't helpful. Any sponsor should be working alongside clubs to try and foster relationships rather than work against them."

Aberdeen had issued a statement on Wednesday to reassure fans that the rumours of McInnes's departure were "without substance or foundation".

McInnes, who was named Premiership manager of the month for September on Thursday, stressed that he is happy in the north east of Scotland.

"I'm working for a chairman who is rock solid," he said. "We've made good progression, we're sitting at the top of the league, we've got players on long term contracts and I've got my staff in that I wanted.

"This is my club and I've committed to a four-year deal."

GIRFUY weegie press. Fuck if i'm ever using Ladbrokes again.

Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes refused to be pictured with his Ladbrokes manager of the month award for September. The 44-year-old was angered after the bookmaker announced on Wednesday they had suspended bets on him being the next Scottish Premiership manager to leave his post.
  :thumbsup:

The best manager we've had since 1986 but that's not a good way of looking at it.

In the years since 1986, we have had particularly inept cunts in charge.

McInnes will never win a league title, with anyone. Certainly not at this level, with us.

He's cut from a superior cloth compared to others in football but let's face it, when Allardyce and McGhee walk back into the top flights of their respective countries, it's a very shit gene pool.

Derek's weaknesses are horribly obvious. He's making too many mistakes and his teams aren't good enough, neither in organisation nor commitment. His selection decisions would be baffling but for the fact they can be easily explained. The boy's not good enough to win anything and we are stuck with him and his cheap wage because we don't want anything better.

RIP AFC. Shite chairman. Shite football team. Embarrassing.

You think it's an "overreaction". I know I'm speaking truth.

I know why McInnes makes selection mistakes. His is a very easy mind to read. He's not a rocket scientist.

We need an exceptional manager to overcome the huge financial disadvantage we have v. Celtic.

We also need a chairman committed to success on the field.

We have neither of these things. McInnes has reached his limit.

You're speaking "your" truth.

Realistically we have the best manager we've had in decades, and, yes, we should be better in the cup competitions.

But what do you actually want, Rocket?

Seems to me you want a forum to spout your anger (and that seems like an issue you need to deal with) and frustration.

I am old enough to have seen Aberdeen since the late 60's, are you jealous I've seen us win more trophies? Seems like it. I've also been at Pittodrie at our worst, and a season ticket holder during the bad years.

Deek will probably never win us the league, I doubt Klopp, Mourinho, Wenger, Ferguson, GOD or anyone will until there is a huge change in Scottish football. Fuck it, I doubt even you could win the league for us. We maybe should win some more cups, do better in Europe and certainly not lose 5-1 to St Johnstone, but "shit happens"

No, I am NOT being "defeatist" or "well we'll never win cos sellik have more munny", but I do realize, given where we were just a few years ago, to be berating a manager that "will never win the league" compared to, say McGhee, who almost killed our club, is infantile, stupid and pathetic.

I await the vitriolic personal and "I know better" reply" :wave:

Realistically we have the best manager we've had in decades, and, yes, we should be better in the cup competitions.

But what do you actually want, Rocket?

I've already said he's the best manager since 1986. What do you want?

I am old enough to have seen Aberdeen since the late 60's, are you jealous I've seen us win more trophies? Seems like it. I've also been at Pittodrie at our worst, and a season ticket holder during the bad years.

My first game at Pittodrie was in the 60's. I've been supporting AFC for nearly 50 years. I was there before during and after the golden era, one that I knew was a one-off. During the final at Gothenburg, with a tear running down my face, I turned to my mate and said this is the pinnacle, this will never be repeated.  I'm not jealous of you or anyone, about anything.

Deek will probably never win us the league, I doubt Klopp, Mourinho, Wenger, Ferguson, GOD or anyone will until there is a huge change in Scottish football. Fuck it, I doubt even you could win the league for us. We maybe should win some more cups, do better in Europe and certainly not lose 5-1 to St Johnstone, but "shit happens"

No, I am NOT being "defeatist" or "well we'll never win cos sellik have more munny", but I do realize, given where we were just a few years ago, to be berating a manager that "will never win the league" compared to, say McGhee, who almost killed our club, is infantile, stupid and pathetic.

I'm not "berating" the best manager we've had since 1986. I'm simply stating that he isn't going to win the league for us because of his very obvious limitations. He makes too many mistakes. Do you agree?

You contradict yourself. A huge change in Scottish football you say is required before anyone other than Celtic win the league and then you say you're NOT being defeatist. What's the fucking point of playing, spectating, supporting WITHOUT the possibility of winning the league?

Your tone may or not have been arsey but if you want an argument, be more specific in articulating the point of contention and try not to confuse yourself with contradictions.

I'm not "berating" the best manager we've had since 1986. I'm simply stating that he isn't going to win the league for us because of his very obvious limitations. He makes too many mistakes. Do you agree?

You contradict yourself. A huge change in Scottish football you say is required before anyone other than Celtic win the league and then you say you're NOT being defeatist. What's the fucking point of playing, spectating, supporting WITHOUT the possibility of winning the league?

Yes, you've just spent the last few posts "berating" the manager.

For the second point, to win the league we need to be on a more level playing field (never going to be level because we don't attract support just because we're bigots), not just money, but transfers, media, refereeing, league re-arranging games, fair split of money generated, TV coverage, SPFL, not getting the big bucks from the "big boys only UEFA farce",  not being portrayed as a "dead end/end of the world" location to bring your family (pretty sure you regularly slag off Aberdeen as a "terrible place to live", aye, that's gonna attract players?)

Oh, and the "anger management" advice still holds.