Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Warning for buses travelling to tyncastle

Some more copy&paste for you:

Nicked fae mad:

Nicked from the Utd site:

Lothian & Borders police have also requested that the following is advised.

"During recent months, it has become apparent that various groups of supporters travelling to and from Edinburgh for football fixtures have been openly disregarding certain provisions of The Criminal Law (Consolidation) (Scotland) Act, 1995, in relation to alcohol and supporters buses.

Although the above legislation is fairly complex, it basically makes it an offence for any person to be drunk or to carry alcohol on a bus that is capable of carrying 9 or more supporters, and that is hired for the purpose of conveying supporters to or from a senior football fixture in Scotland.

The onus for ensuring there are no drunken supporters or alcohol on a supporters’ bus falls on several people.

Any supporter found to be drunk or carrying alcohol on a supporters’ bus would be liable to arrest, imprisonment and a substantial fine.

In addition to the supporter, the driver, the hirer of the bus and the bus operator would also be reported and similar penalties would apply.

On match days, a team of officers will now be specifically tasked to carry out checks on supporters buses to ensure the aforementioned legislation is being adhered to.

Lothian and Borders Police would encourage all supporters, regardless of their team affiliation, to enjoy visiting Edinburgh to support their team. We would however, ask for your cooperation in ensuring that this enjoyment is not spoilt by those who continue to be drunk, or to carry alcohol, on football supporters’ buses."

Someone has also posted that buses leaving Dundee will be searched - not sure if that will apply to Aberdeen buses too.

The L&B Polis statement is now on RedWeb too.

Could someone explain the difference between carrying booze on a bus and have a skinfull in a local boozer in Edinburgh?

It is a ridiculous rule and hopelessly administered and, in the Labdics case, administered by idiots.

I don't see how they have enough police for this anyway given there tendency to round up any group of fans and treat them like criminals just for having the gall to be football fans.  The prospect of having 2 sets of "away" fans to harass must be really getting them excited.

Nanny state for the non-criminals.

On the way down to one of the cup finals I was dragged off a bus for being "heavily under the influence of alcohol".  They'd boarded the bus and pulled anyone who looked pished, even although I hadn't said a peep until they asked where my drink was.

Told them I'd been hammered the night before and had slept from the time I'd been picked up by the bus at 9am until the cunts had decided to drag me off the bus by the scruff of the neck.  Which was in fact true.

The lad next to me had his full carry-out taken off him although his receipt stated that it was all still there and he hadn't touched a drop.  Said he wanted to enjoy the game then celebrate afterwards and asked how he was going to get his shopping home from Tescos if he wasn't allowed unopened alcohol on a bus.

Drink went straight in the van and we all were sent packing in a bad mood before we even got to Glasgow.  Had we been drinking then we'd have been in high spirits.

Fucking joke of a law.

L&B really have cracked down on booze withing the last year. Transport police have also joined in and dry trains are the norm coming and going from Edin on matchdays. Not too sure where they will be stopping buses, possibly just over the bridge?

Cracking down on booze eh?

All the pubs seem to be open. It is fucking ridiculous in every way you care to measure it. No booze in grounds, no booze in the buses, no booze on the trains (coming soon I guess) but yet every cunt is half jaked inside the ground?

And of course they love their stop and search powers. Utter cunts.

I'm guessing they view a coach full of drunk people as 'potentially harmful'. Difference with trains I guess is you are normally allowed to drink on trains due to them having a license to sell alcohol anyway, whereas buses you aren't and the law needs to have consistency with that?

Is it only re: football fixtures/transportation that the law applies? If I had a bus with 40 people on it just going between Aberdeen and Edinburgh on a non-match day is drinking allowed?

Bus journeys are boring enough and pretty well self-policed from what I've witnessed no matter how much drink was flying about.

You try and keep the globes under control going to a European game  :hammer:

I still dont know where that empty bottle of port came from  ???

They'd probably not bother to pull you over let alone putting up road blocks.

What's the deal with hen parties flying around city centres in limos, drinking fizzy wine then?

Bus journeys are boring enough and pretty well self-policed from what I've witnessed no matter how much drink was flying about.

Precisely. Some vehicles are ok but some aren't. It is ridiculous.

You try and keep the globes under control going to a European game  :hammer:

I still dont know where that empty bottle of port came from  ???

Fair enough there maybe a few people absolutely hammered but nobody is going to fuck around with the driver and if they did someone would put them on their arse pretty sharpish.

As always they are going about it all wrong.

If you want to stop people getting hammered then just stop them getting into the grounds if they're too drunk.  You'd certainly limit the amount you drank the next time you travelled to an away ground if you were left out in the cold the last time.

Why the fuck should I be denied a few cans on a long journey just because another bus load of idiots turn up steamboats on fortified wine?

Would be interested to know if any of the buses get stopped on their way north.  Although I very much doubt they do.

I reckon the bus operators should crack down harsh. They're pretty quick to clamp down on people lighting up on public buses. And they can be pretty friggin scary too when telling someone to put their fags out. Same should apply for roudy fans who have sneaked booze onto the buses. Sure, the odd tinny quietly is no problem. But when you get idiots jumping around the bus and causing concern to the driver, he should have the balls to tell that supporters club that there will be a fine involved if the driver needs to get involved.

Sure, the odd tinny quietly is no problem. But when you get idiots jumping around the bus and causing concern to the driver, he should have the balls to tell that supporters club that there will be a fine involved if the driver needs to get involved.

Exactly, but it seems that just about any footie associated drinking is being completely criminalised.

The coppers alledge they know who the troublemakers are they just needed the legislation to deal with them. They were given that.

Now they want EVERYBODY criminalised and are quite happy to stop/search folk they know fine aren't hoolies.

They are led by idiots. 

again fae mad:

heard from a copper mate that they are setting up roadside inspections on the A90 in the lay bye just opposite the garage on the forfar road

looks like any sheepie buses traveling south are gona get stop and searched as soon as they hit dundee just before turning right for edinburgh, hope they all get taken to bell street for a couple of hours

Like his "copper mate" is gonna tell him where the roadblocks are being set up!! These roadblocks are decided upon on the same day as they are setup. And why the fuck would a Lothian Polis enforcement be set up on Tayside?

Thick as mince!!!! But then, why on earth would any You Shite Head fans start 'thinking'? I mean, evolution hasn't really been Dundee's best friend.