Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Jimmy on Lovell who is taking balme for Saturday

Good on Calderwood!

These players are paid massive wages and just don't do it.

Fuck 'em! If the fans slag them off in the pub, the manager should slag them off in the press - it's not like the players will come to the pub for a dressing doon fae the fans - but at least these prima donna's might actually see a backpage headline once in a while (when they're looking up their weekly player ratings!).

Calderwood is also on a massive wage and if he's going to take the credit for all the good times, he has to take the flak for all the bad times too.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that would be up to his bosses to dish oot the flak - if they were so inclined.

it wouldn't be the first time a chairman had come out and said the performance of a manager was unacceptable.

Or the people who spend their money watching his side, who Calderwood has told on more than one occassion that they are wrong. Again, it comes down to Calderwood not taking responsibility for anything that goes wrong.

Guest Shabba Ranks

Where's the challenge in that?

It's not supposed to be a challenge.

What you going to hit me with next?  "At least I get knackered walking up the stairs in the RDS".

Nope

he has done on a few occassions, but since he stood up to be counted, people dismiss that.

The only one that springs to mind is the 5-0 hammering by the huns in his first season.

There may well be others but I can't really remember any. Either way, I think he's well out of order on this occassion.

Anytime I've heard him 'take the blame' is when he's completely slagged off everyone then finished off with 'but I guess as I'm manager, the buck must stop with me...' but it's fairly obvious he never means that.

Aye, sort of "I have to take SOME responsibility... but it was all their fault!"

I have no doubt that at times he has a point, and that the players are not doing what they are asked to do. But, for it to happen so fucking often then it surely points to bad management as well as lazy/incompetent players?

Aye, sort of "I have to take SOME responsibility... but it was all their fault!"

I have no doubt that at times he has a point, and that the players are not doing what they are asked to do. But, for it to happen so fucking often then it surely points to bad management as well as lazy/incompetent players?

So what, you think he should be apologising to you all for every defeat?

Football teams lose football matches and we don't need answers, recrimiantions or apologies every time. He pointed out Lovell was shite and by all accounts he was.

So what, you think he should be apologising to you all for every defeat?

Football teams lose football matches and we don't need answers, recrimiantions or apologies every time. He pointed out Lovell was shite and by all accounts he was.

Did i say that?

Perhaps someone - Willie Miller? - should point out that his tactics are fucking shite, because by all accounts they were.

Did i say that?

Perhaps someone - Willie Miller? - should point out that his tactics are fucking shite, because by all accounts they were.

My question was to the floor, wrongly quoted.

To be honest I'm sick of even discussing JC. I will just let others get on with what looks, to me, more and more like a witchhunt.

He's going to end up sacked because of fan power if we finish below 4th this year and AFC as a whole wont have learned anything from the last  10 years.

My question was to the floor, wrongly quoted.

To be honest I'm sick of even discussing JC. I will just let others get on with what looks, to me, more and more like a witchhunt.

He's going to end up sacked because of fan power if we finish below 4th this year and AFC as a whole wont have learned anything from the last  10 years.

Apologies.

I am in no way part of the "Jimmy GTF" brigade, and nor do I want this to turn into a "Jimmy GTF" debate, it's just this part of his management however really annoys me and I'd like to see him change this.

Guest Shabba Ranks

Uh oh, you've just opened the floodgates on yourself there dude.  I'd get your tin-hat on...  :thumbsup:

Guest Shabba Ranks

I'll leave the tactics to Jute, Mizer & the rest since they obviously know alot me about the team condition and football - that's why they've taken 2 teams into europe and are both long serving fitba managers!

It's quite startling when you think about it, as it appears there's some sort of 'mini-crisis' going on down at Pittodrie just now.  ::)

I really don't know how some of our fans managed to get through some of the dross we were served up from 1995-early 2000's.  :lolabove:

Blaming Lovell alone is lazy. He never hoofed it against Hunt for the first. He never let Robson waltz through unchallenged for the second. He didn't bring him down for the free kick at the third. Fuck, he never even missed the penalty. His big crime this weekend appears to be not winning the ball in the air and holding it up for Smith to bother his arse to support him, Aluko to realise we were attacking again or Nicholson to catch up with play - all whilst being marked by Wilkie and Kenneth, who are fairly well known for their aerial abilities.

I dunno if the players were told to play high balls all game, as that certainly wasn't the plan when we humped them at home and surely any manager could see that doing the same again would probably work again. we lookd to have been set up the same way anyway, with 2 wide attacking players. Maybe it's just a symptom of shite defenders playing too deep and hoofing it + tired/lazy midfield = awful performance.

Bad interview by Jimmy though. Kind of puts the seal on an all round horror show.

I personally treat any article that includes the words "By Charlie Allan" with high suspicion and contempt.  This could well be more sensationalist rubbish from the fat cretin.  None of the quotes attributed to JC in the article include the words "Steve" or "Lovell" so I'm taking it with a pinch of salt.

In any case, if JC wants to get rid of Lovell then slagging off his performance is hardly going to attract new suitors.  So I can only assume its an attempt to get him to pull his finger out which has been spun by the fat ex-postie.  As usual!

Jimmy, you got the fuckin tactics wrong. MILLER can cope with the ball being punted up to him and hold it up, LOVELL isnt used to that. How about getting the ball on the deck and playing football for once you fat useless cunt!!!!

United did it, and see what happens when you play football, you win games and look a good side. United played good football because they played it on the deck.

Take note you fuckin prick!!!!

Guest Shabba Ranks

How about getting the ball on the deck and playing football for once you fat useless cunt!!!!

Jimmy doesn't play, the players on the pitch do.

Did I hear Stevie needed a hug? Where do I go?!

Apologies.

I am in no way part of the "Jimmy GTF" brigade, and nor do I want this to turn into a "Jimmy GTF" debate, it's just this part of his management however really annoys me and I'd like to see him change this.

Totally agree. IF he did say that it's ridiculous - I would be saying that if it was Lovell or Miller or any player who clearly wasn't to blame for the defeat. How the fuck Nicholson as a professional footballer sent that penalty so high into the stand I'll never know...