Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Calderwood coaching

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

You don't half like repeating yourself.

Better?!?  We're still involved in every competition FFS  ;)

The way we are playing and with calderwoods tactics we soon wont be involved in any

Say fit ye like but we have been lucky to still be in europe (has to rely on other teams and only got 4 points)

A lot of games in the league we have been absymal and we have at the most average players

And cant even compete with plymouth etc in the transfer market..

I hope i am wrong but i think with the team we have we will get nowhere near 3rd place.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would you explain the performances of the national team and our club teams in Europe then?

Em, well, we are lucky to be in Europe with one win in six games (great to be there but we were VERY lucky that all results went our way) and Rangers and Celtic are the top two teams in our league. I think we look at the other eight SPL teams in a different light financially and in terms of quality, hence the old firms domination of the SPL over the last 20 years or so.

As for the national team, many of the players don't play in the SPL and the national team rarely picks players from outside the old firm these days. (Barry Robson was the only player outside of the old firm in the last squad according to the Scottish FA website.) I am very proud of our national team and would love to see more home based players in the team/squad but the quality simply isn't there.