Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

What are you listening to?

Kowalski

Hahahahaha I love reading Minijc try to take on the world of music and act as if he's been listening to this sort of music for years.........

Remember your roots MiniJC.........Eminem.......I say no more.

Hahahahaha I love reading Minijc try to take on the world of music and act as if he's been listening to this sort of music for years.........

Remember your roots MiniJC.........Eminem.......I say no more.

He's such an Indie Prince.

One of the lads you see going mental in a club when Arctic Monkeys or something comes on.

He's such an Indie Prince.

One of the lads you see going mental in a club when Arctic Monkeys or something comes on.

I am a fan of the Arctic Monkeys, and I also had a discussion with a friend regarding them.....they will drift away and won't be heard of in a couple of years. Also had an arguement with another person in a bar a couple of weeks ago......"they've conquered America" he said.....hahahahahaha I wouldn't say any band (from this side of the world) apart from The Beatles have conquered America so you're talking absolute nonsense.

I will give the Arctic Monkeys 2 more years at most. I am a fan of them, I even seen them before they were famous and before people jumped on the bandwagon.....but I just can't see them staying around for longer than another 2 years. In my view that won't be a success.

Minijc likes majority of the music I like also, I wouldn't call myself an Indie Prince because I'm open to allsorts of music.....I am open to any sort of music that people throw my way, but people like The Whip and that other band "Do I offend you, yeah?" what a load of nonsense! The day the NME builds you up when you're just starting out is the day your career flops on your arse.

The Rolling Stones and The Who made it in the US.

Yes, my point was really that the Arctic Monkeys never.....I didn't know the rolling stones did, I'm not a fan.....I also did have a feeling the who did. I just never mentioned them because I wasn't 100% sure.

I didn't know the rolling stones did, I'm not a fan

You're not a fan of The Rolling Stones?  :-\

I wouldn't say any band (from this side of the world) apart from The Beatles have conquered America so you're talking absolute nonsense.

;D

Were Bush nae huge in the States?  Am sure Coldplay have a massive followin ower there an a'?

Fit aboot The Kinks?  The Animals?  The Police?  Dire Straits?  Def Leppard?  New Order?  Billy Idol?  Eurythmics?  The Clash?

Radiohead have done aright ower there.

You're not a fan of The Rolling Stones?  :-\

;D

Were Bush nae huge in the States?  Am sure Coldplay have a massive followin ower there an a'?

Fit aboot The Kinks?  The Animals?  The Police?  Dire Straits?  Def Leppard?  New Order?  Billy Idol?  Eurythmics?  The Clash?

Radiohead have done aright ower there.

I did say I'm not a fan of the Rolling Stones Mr. Parrot.

I wouldn't say any of those bands made it 'big' over in America.

You proved that by saying Radiohead did 'alright' over there.

I wouldn't say any of those bands made it 'big' over in America.

You proved that by saying Radiohead did 'alright' over there.

The Billboard chart would like to disagree with you.  I'd suggest that having every one of their studio albums reach the top 100 (including 4 albums reaching at least number 3) is pretty sufficient to qualify as "making it big" in America.

As for the Arctic Monkey, my take is that although they don't do anything revolutionary, they do it very well.  But you're right, they'll probably be gone in the next few years.

Led Zeppelin sold more records in the States than the Beatles ever did.  On the otherhand U2 are massive over there, along with rounders and The Bible.

That only leads me to believe that, by and large, the States is full of brain-dead cunts.  Except the Led Zep fans of course.  ;)

To be honest, I couldn't give a flying fuck if the Arctic Monkeys 'crack America' as I'll still be listening to them long after they've disappeared.  Not all bands have to become corporate monsters, turning over millions and filling stadiums all over the world.  Some sound better in grotty wee indie clubs, down back streets where the kids hang out, smoking funny smelling cigarettes.

I don't mind how big the bands I like become, chances are that I liked them when they were spotty wee kids knocking songs together in a garage or basement.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, as far as your choice of music goes - you're wrong and I'm right.  :thumbsup:

Today, I'm listening to 'Global Underground - GU10'

Figures compiled in 2003:

The Top Ten Artists in U.S. Album Sales

Number Artist Album Sales

1 The Beatles 106,530,000

2 Garth Brooks 92,000,000

3 Led Zeppelin 83,620,000

4 Elvis Presley 77,280,000

5 Eagles 65,000,000

6 Billy Joel 63,250,000

7 Barbra Streisand 62,750,000

8 Elton John 61,620,000

9 Aerosmith 54,370,000

10 Pink Floyd 52,600,000

Someone's telling porkies!  :wave:

Looking at the above list, I think its fair to say a few British acts cracked the states, not just the Beatles!

Figures compiled in 2003:

The Top Ten Artists in U.S. Album Sales

Number Artist Album Sales

1 The Beatles 106,530,000

2 Garth Brooks 92,000,000

3 Led Zeppelin 83,620,000

4 Elvis Presley 77,280,000

5 Eagles 65,000,000

6 Billy Joel 63,250,000

7 Barbra Streisand 62,750,000

8 Elton John 61,620,000

9 Aerosmith 54,370,000

10 Pink Floyd 52,600,000

Someone's telling porkies!  :wave:

Looking at the above list, I think its fair to say a few British acts cracked the states, not just the Beatles!

I draw your attention to a post I made earlier

Kowalski you're missing the point.....Arctic Monkeys haven't made it big in America. End of.