Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Replacements then

With the 3 players going, and others not having received any contract offers(assume Jimmy wants rid) then we need to be looking for replacements. It's the perfect time to snap up some players on pre-contracts to replace those outgoing.

Ian Black and Paddy Cregg are both out of contract in the summer apparently. I'm amazed there hasn't been speculation involving them already. Worthy replacements for Clark and Nicholson.

Whats the odds Calderwood actually having an idea who he wants to bring in as replacements? Hart said he'd rejected the final offer before the Copenhagen game so surely Calderwood has to have identified a replacement by now.

I'm not overly worried about the 3 players leaving, it's more that I don't trust Calderwood to bring in worthy replacements. Is Dave Bus the best he can come up with?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liam Craig is good player there too.

I noticed yesterday he is currently on loan at St Johnstone.

I like Ian Black, but unsure if he has the ability to boss a game.  Similarly I think Mark Kerr (currently at Dundee Utd) has everything in the locker but lacks the edge to take a game by the scuff of the neck.

One player I've liked the look of for a while is Mark Reynolds at Motherwell but a fee would need to be involved there.

Ian Black has become far less 'aggressive' and hot headed on the park this season. Not sure if he's looking for a move despite being out of contract as I've not read anything about it?

That was my main concern though I complain a great deal about there not being enough of that in the current squad, that may not be a bad thing.

Mark Kerr is a very good footballer but I don't think he's a strong enough player as you say.

Mark Reynolds I would have in a shot.

Jimmy only needs a defence and stikers.  No replacements needed for midfield.

Really??

You've seeing the same midfield as me then??

Thinking ahead, once Clark goes (hurrah) that's one starting spot, Nic leaves in the summer (or sooner) that's another.

Aluko won't be back after the summer and possibly Macnamara too.

Really??

You've seeing the same midfield as me then??

Thinking ahead, once Clark goes (hurrah) that's one starting spot, Nic leaves in the summer (or sooner) that's another.

Aluko won't be back after the summer and possibly Macnamara too.

I think he's implying we don't really have a midfield in the first place.

Would love to see Yantorno, been really impressed with what I've seen of him this season. Bit of flair! Imagine!

Other possibles for midfield:

Kevin McDonald (Dundee) - Have been hearing good things about this youngster from people. Seems to score and create goals.

Ian Murray (Norwich) - Ok, former Hun but was a cracking player for Hibs before he sold his soul. Probably on a fat contract and not worried that he's not playing much.

Darren Young - HAHAHAHAHA, sorry, just joking, couldn't resist it... but now, if that actually happens I'm going to feel sooo bad. I mean, he took Derek back  ::)

I think our main concern with Hart going is to find a replacement right-back. David McNamee is still at Coventry but don't think he's playing much either, could be an option.

But of course, there's always plenty of these faceless Dutch journeymen amateurs that Jimmy's son seems intent on finding work for. They'll do! :-\

Some nice suggestions but only ones we can get are those who will not command a fee as we are skint and according to the players leaving offering pish wages. Might Black or Russel Duncan from Caley as both are out of contract and Caley pay even less than we do.

Was there not mention of a transfer pot of a million or so a while back? I'm sure I can recall something, a month or two back, about JC being promised funds.

May have been a dream. Sounds like the kind of dream I would have.

Ian Murray (Norwich) - Ok, former Hun but was a cracking player for Hibs before he sold his soul. Probably on a fat contract and not worried that he's not playing much.

Hibs and Falkirk apparently sniffing about Murray...

I'd take him though.  Certainly the kind of player Jimmy likes, ie versatile.

Guest Nellie The Don

Hibs have Beuzelin out of contract this summer according to the sun.  if we dont offer Nicholson improved terms i reckon he will be an ideal replacement, surely not out of our wage structure?

Hard to tell.  If not, getting him would be a real coup.