Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Barry Nic

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some quotes from Willie on the Northsound website:

On the three players who have rejected new contract offers - Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood said he expects only Michael Hart to leave this month.  Northsound Sport understands the right back will travel south for talks with Plymouth tonight.  The club are yet to accept a bid for Preston for the player.  Director of Football Willie Miller added...

" Michael is the player most likely to do a deal with another club in this transfer window.  There has been interest in Chris Clark and I'm sure that will continue.  Things are slightly different with Lee Miller and Barry Nicholson.  Lee has been offered a new deal and the door remains open to Barry, as it does the other two players.  However I should stress the club has already made him a quite substantial offer "

So perferomances for THE DONS count for nothing then? Jamie Smith and Lee Miller... how many caps do they have between them? Hart's performances for the dons merit him getting more money, and Smith being perenially injured, Severin being perenially shite and Miller being perenially lazy doesn't justify them getting the wages they do. If you think it does then there's something wrong.

Not saying i think it's the right way to do things per se, but it was my thinking of the way the wage structure at AFC works.

Also, i think Miller's got at least one Scotland cap, from that much talked about Kirin Cup triumph and we took over his United contract signed at about that time...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/4765811.stm

The report from the Bulgaria game doesn't say whether he got on or not.

Going to stick my neck on the line here, and say I still personally reckon Barry Nic will be an Aberdeen player next season  :thumbsup:

My neck will be on the block with you.

It's nothing more than a suspicion, he seems happy with his lot, enjoying his fitba, who knows.

Maybe looking at Zander staying and the example of Lee Miller at Bristol would persuade him.

Not saying i think it's the right way to do things per se, but it was my thinking of the way the wage structure at AFC works.

Also, i think Miller's got at least one Scotland cap, from that much talked about Kirin Cup triumph and we took over his United contract signed at about that time...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/4765811.stm

The report from the Bulgaria game doesn't say whether he got on or not.

Either way, hardly international regulars and neither Smith nor Miller have won caps whilst playing for us.

Yeah but who wins caps playing for Aberdeen? Barry Ferguson would get dropped from the international scene if he signed for us ... and the SFA think the sun shines outa his erse!

That's hardly the point though. Neither have deserved a call up while they've been with us (perhaps Smith was on the brink in his first few months).

That's hardly the point though. Neither have deserved a call up while they've been with us (perhaps Smith was on the brink in his first few months).

Not that it really matters that much, but Smith did make a squad in his first season here.

There is a couple of lines about Nicholson being offered improved terms tagged onto the end of the Zander signing story in the sun this morning, fingers crossed!

Would be most impressive to have news of something to whet our appetites further tomorrow ;D

Is this a football thing or do the rest of you lads rabbit on about how much you make?

I prefer to keep my cards close to my chest and haven't a clue what the lad in the next office to me is pulling in.

Of course I've a rough idea but I couldn't possibly narrow it down to £/week.

Agents do nothing but prattle on about how much some other guy is making.

I read the article "Nic Bemuzed by Dons Offer" or whatever it was on the Beeb. He's keen to see if Aberdeen can come back to him with something. It's clear he wants to stay. And with Che Willie about to head back to his agent with an improved offer, it's clear the Dons want him to stay.

I think he'll end up staying with us for another three years.