Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Ryan Jack

I genuinely fear for Saturday. Consi doesn't play well against Celtic let alone at the tattie dome and given this outcome I can't see dm not playing Shinnie in midfield again. It makes you question what they were doing during the whole khalid situation. I thought there were other options?!?

Last time we played at Parkhead Shinnie had to be removed from left back and replaced by Considine as Shinnie was really struggling there, and we played better as a result. I think McInnes will hope for that type of outcome rather than Considine's prior performances.

I think there was more to the Aucho deal than is being said. I suspect we got him here with a real view to signing him but the terms of the deal were changed after he arrived. Although perhaps we're being harsh and we have a player lined up but due to the nuance of the transfer window we can't sign him until later in that window. I'd have thought any loan deals must be happening soon if there were to be also, as Engurland have been back for a couple of weeks now.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time we played at Parkhead Shinnie had to be removed from left back and replaced by Considine as Shinnie was really struggling there, and we played better as a result. I think McInnes will hope for that type of outcome rather than Considine's prior performances.

I think there was more to the Aucho deal than is being said. I suspect we got him here with a real view to signing him but the terms of the deal were changed after he arrived. Although perhaps we're being harsh and we have a player lined up but due to the nuance of the transfer window we can't sign him until later in that window. I'd have thought any loan deals must be happening soon if there were to be also, as Engurland have been back for a couple of weeks now.

That bit is very true, but that was the exception to the previous performances.  I don't mind consi at left back, but we've got one of the best left backs in the country and personally I think it's a travesty he isn't playing there. Out of curiosity though, where did he play for Caley against the dhims?

I had read elsewhere that the agent / club were asking for way too much money for Aucho and for that reason the deal went dead. It's still a shame though that 3 weeks on and we've still not signed a central midfielder which may now come to bite us in the arse.  Here's hoping for a inspirational signing, and fast.

• 3 weeks later...

Should be back from the semi-final, we really are missing him in the middle!

Huge hole in the middle of park yesterday that he would have filled.

To be honest probably missed Flood as well, as surely he'd have been running about getting in their faces insteaf of standing off letting them play