Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Ryan Jack

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldnt surprise me if Celtic came sniffing around, but then I there is NO chance of him going there. Everton is a good move and to be honest he deserves a move like that. The difference between the likes of Jack and Fyvie/Fraser is that Jack has proven himself at his level consistently for years. I think if there is ever a time for him to move, it would be now. I would love for him to stay and i hope he does, but i think we will lose him.

A player I don't think many fans would begrudge him a move. He's learned and earnt his trade with us, stuck it out and now reaping the rewards of stability. I disagree bobby, think Everton would be decent. Barry gets injured fairly regularly , jack would more than suitable to replace him and fits their style of play too. I know DM was saying we are in control and he is confident he'll be with us next season, but I'm not so sure. Here's hoping he is  :thumbsup:

ABERDEEN LEGEND COOPER’S PLEA TO MIDFIELDER RYAN

GOTHENBURG Great Neale Cooper today urged midfielder Ryan Jack to commit his future to the Dons.

Jack has a year left on his Dons deal but has been the subject of interest from other clubs.

Italian Serie A giants Roma and Napoli were linked to the 23-year-old earlier this year.

With English Premier League Everton recently reported to be tracking the midfielder, there is expected to be interest in one of the Premiership’s hottest rising talents this summer.

Boss Derek McInnes aims to retain the Scotland squad star and has confirmed he will open contract talks with Jack at the end of the season.

Cooper is convinced Jack could cut it in Europe’s top leagues.

However, he reckons the midfielder, who has made 166 starts for the Dons, should stay at Pittodrie for a few more years to help the club’s glory bid.

Cooper said: “If Aberdeen can tie Ryan Jack to a new deal it would be a fantastic boost for the club.

“Jack is still young enough to remain at Aberdeen for a few more years and enjoy the exciting times ahead with the club.

“He could definitely handle it down in the English Premier League already but he could move to that level later.

“Ultimately, whatever happens will be both Jack and the club’s decision. If an opportunity to play in another league comes along then you have to think about it.

“However, Jack is still at an age where he should stay at Aberdeen for a few more years.”

Manager Derek McInnes admits that Aberdeen may be forced to sell Ryan Jack this summer if the midfielder does not agree a contract extension but says it will only be if they get the right offer for the 23-year-old. (The Scotsman)

BBC gossip column mentions this today.  Selling Jack seems more and more inevitable by the day  :(

BBC gossip column mentions this today.  Selling Jack seems more and more inevitable by the day  :(

To be fair, he's already said that we are in control of the situation. Regardless, he will still be with us next season as he's still under contract.  Id rather he left as a winner than leave us having to look for someone suitable to replace him this season and we win nothing.

EE article from yesterday:

DEREK McInnes said he is “relaxed” over Ryan Jack’s contract situation.

The Dons boss admitted they need an answer from their star midfielder over whether he plans to stay at Pittodrie beyond the summer.

Jack is moving into the final year of his contract.

If he doesn’t commit to a longer contract the Dons will be under pressure to sell the 23-year-old in the summer to avoid losing him for nothing at the end of next season.

McInnes said: “I’m still quite relaxed about the whole situation.

“We’ve been speaking to Ryan over a long period of time now.

“He should have every confidence that the move he wants will come at the right time.

“But for me he still has work to do in an Aberdeen shirt and we are hoping Ryan thinks the same.

“There are a lot of benefits to be gained from Ryan staying at Aberdeen.

“I’m delighted we have managed to put such a good offer to Ryan and accept he needs time to think about what he wants to do.

Various articles in the press about the Ryan Jack situation today.

Not picking up any great sense of confidence about him extending his stay.

Sincerely hope I am wrong but if I'm not then I genuinely believe we must give a deadline ( possibly the date we return to training) and if hasn't signed new deal then we make it known that he is available this summer in order that we may cash in on him.

Hurts me to say it but the club simply must seek maximum value for him whilst the cards are still stacked in our favour.

Various articles in the press about the Ryan Jack situation today.

Not picking up any great sense of confidence about him extending his stay.

Sincerely hope I am wrong but if I'm not then I genuinely believe we must give a deadline ( possibly the date we return to training) and if hasn't signed new deal then we make it known that he is available this summer in order that we may cash in on him.

Hurts me to say it but the club simply must seek maximum value for him whilst the cards are still stacked in our favour.

I know what you mean, there's various quotes from McInnes in the Sun which don't sound too promising.

For Jack there are pro's and con's on both options.  AFC are very much a club on the up.  He is playing under a talented manager who see's him as the keystone to the team.  Most of the squad are tied up on deals with one of the spfl team of the year players joining said squad in a months time.  I also think he's canny enough to realise that another year at Aberdeen where he's playing every match would be no bad thing for his development. 

I'm not saying he's not ready to go, he's good enough no question, but, at 23, he can't afford to be sitting on a bench week in week out.  He needs to go to a club where he will get plenty game time.  Jack is one of the best cm's in the league but for the kind of clubs being discussed he needs to be the best cm in the league to have a decent chance at regular game time.  Probably what's best for all parties (with say an everton size club if one were to bid) concerned would be to reach a good price for him then to get him back on loan for next season for no fee.  Lets face it, there is no danger he is sticking around for anything longer than a year.  This would ensure a fee, keep the player an extra season (hopefully at little cost), the player is happy his career is going in the right direction and the other club is happy that it's player is being given more development time in a positive environment with the prospect of getting a better player than they have paid for. 

I dinna see that the situation has changed. We've made him a good offer and I think he'll accept it. As long as he doesn't get an offer from Serie A or LA Liga or the EPL.

I'd not be surprised if he did get a decent offer from a good club. Equally, if it's only Huddersfield or Rotherham that make concrete bids, I think he'll stay put.

I think we just need to hold our nerve and hope for the best here.