Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Ryan Jack

Feel good factor around the club continues.

New contract for Jack is just about all that is missing.

Stories abound that he is ready to commit.

Please please let this be true.

I would hate this to be bluff by him and for him to be sold andturn round and play us by saying he wanted to stay but we wouldn't give himthe deal he wanted. There must currently be interest in him, so please lets get it done sooner rather than later.

For whay it's worth I think he will sign but probably just a one year extension through to summer of 2017.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel good factor around the club continues.

New contract for Jack is just about all that is missing.

Stories abound that he is ready to commit.

Please please let this be true.

I would hate this to be bluff by him and for him to be sold andturn round and play us by saying he wanted to stay but we wouldn't give himthe deal he wanted. There must currently be interest in him, so please lets get it done sooner rather than later.

For whay it's worth I think he will sign but probably just a one year extension through to summer of 2017.

Read a very good article in the Herald I think it was and I don't get that feeling from him.  Certainly sounds like he is enjoying himself here and DM / TD have had honest conversations with him, just not about a new deal yet.  Ideally, I'd like him to sign an extension, stay for another season and a 1/2 and then we get a few million from him.  Has come on leaps and bounds this season alone.  Septic away will be the biggest test for him in my eyes.  Disappeared in the home game against them imo but has been immense since then.

Nonsense, Jack is a cracking prospect and developing very nicely but five times better than Brown and should start ahead of him for Scotland? I think your red tinted glasses are clouding your judgement there.  Ideally I would like to see him alongside Brown for Scotland, could be a great partnership

Nonsense, Jack is a cracking prospect and developing very nicely but five times better than Brown and should start ahead of him for Scotland? I think your red tinted glasses are clouding your judgement there.  Ideally I would like to see him alongside Brown for Scotland, could be a great partnership

I would almost consider going back to home games to see a Scotland midfield of Jack and Brown.

Jack is a very classy player, great touch and vision, always plays with his head up. However I'd like to see some more aggression in his game, I think he lacks a bit of bite and that's the only thing that separates him from Brown, and the last 'great' midfielder we had at aberdeen - Scott Severin. (In my opinion.)

Get him signed up though, he's a terrific player.

From what I've seen of Jack this season, he appears to have grown in stature and become his own man in the middle of the park.

Last season he was slightly in the shadow of Flood and Robson.

Hopefully he follows the rest of his team mates and see's a bright future at Pittodrie and signs on for another 2-3 years.

From what I've seen of Jack this season, he appears to have grown in stature and become his own man in the middle of the park.

Last season he was slightly in the shadow of Flood and Robson.

Hopefully he follows the rest of his team mates and see's a bright future at Pittodrie and signs on for another 2-3 years.

Dare i say it, that the injuries to those two have been a blessing for his game.  As you say has grown in stature and almost found himself as a player.

• 2 weeks later...

Did he not say that he doesn't want to even discuss a new deal until the end of the season?

Not that I saw?  I thought he'd said that he was happy to discuss and will do when the club start talking to him about it.  We'll see, but i'm delighted we still have him until the summer at the very least!

Not that I saw?  I thought he'd said that he was happy to discuss and will do when the club start talking to him about it.  We'll see, but i'm delighted we still have him until the summer at the very least!

It was reported in a couple of the papers, but as usual there was nothing to back that up...

• 2 weeks later...