Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Stadium Update from RedWeb

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is absolutely no way AFC will move out to Porthlethen, crowd numbers would plummet and those in charge know it. As folk have mentioned this site is only being mentioned to force Aberdeen City Councils hand, a lot like Trump did with this alternative site for his golf course in Ireland that suddenly became an option when it looked like the Balmedie bid might get thrown out.

The Labour group secretary, Willie Young, said they would be writing to council leader Kate Dean.

A fucking letter!

What is this, 1908?

Are they delivering it on horseback with some hot wax dripped on it and the Royal Crest of Aberdeen stamped on it?

Pick up the fucking phone or take a drive out to their office and have a word!  Not much wonder the fucking city is falling to bits.

A letter?

Jesus H. Christ!  ::)

Falling to bits?  ::)

That's right, falling to bits.

Don't let the shiny new flatpack apartments dazzle you as the council have nothing to do with them other than lining their pockets with increased bodies to claim council tax from.

Take a look at the train station, Union Street, Marshall College, George Street, St Nicholas House are a few that spring to mind. 

Here, have a rollie eye smilie.  ::)

Guest Shabba Ranks

Take a look at the train station, Union Street, Marshall College, George Street, St Nicholas House are a few that spring to mind. 

I've gotta get outta this place...

SouthernBeirut488.jpg

Here, have a Dean Shiels smiley  ;)

The train station and bus station are finally going through a massive revamp!

Well they are building another horrifically designed shopping centre, that the city very definitely does not need, that will incorporate the bus station if that is what you mean.

Only thing I take from that story is that Aberdeen City Councillors seem to have no idea what area they actually govern over: 

he added: "I'm not 100% convinced Duffshill is in the shire but, supposing it is, it would obviously change things."

Guest fatshaft

There is absolutely no way AFC will move out to Porthlethen, crowd numbers would plummet and those in charge know it. As folk have mentioned this site is only being mentioned to force Aberdeen City Councils hand, a lot like Trump did with this alternative site for his golf course in Ireland that suddenly became an option when it looked like the Balmedie bid might get thrown out.

:clap:

Why has everything got to be such a feckin drama in this country?  Other cities around Europe have needed new stadia, planning gets done, stadium gets built, bobs your uncle.  What a fucking carry on.

Kings Links, 30,000 all seater stadium with two tiers, 18,000 lower and 12, 000 upper.  We only open the upper section when required (Old Firm, European games, Internationals etc).  Simple, get it fucking built.

Sheesh.  ::)

Why has everything got to be such a feckin drama in this country?  Other cities around Europe have needed new stadia, planning gets done, stadium gets built, bobs your uncle.  What a fucking carry on.

Kings Links, 30,000 all seater stadium with two tiers, 18,000 lower and 12, 000 upper.  We only open the upper section when required (Old Firm, European games, Internationals etc).  Simple, get it fucking built.

Sheesh.  ::)

;D Nicely put my friend. I'll follow you  :thumbsup:

• 7 months later...

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/833132?UserKey=

Stadium site search stepped up

Cove rangers chairman asked to help find best location for £53m community facility

By Declan Harte

The chairman of Cove Rangers Football Club has been asked to help find a suitable location for a £53million multipurpose community stadium in Aberdeen.

The Arena Project, overseen by Aberdeen FC and Aberdeen City Council, has invited Keith Moorhouse to join its monitoring board.

The invitation comes with the announcement that the Highland League club could possibly make use of the proposed stadium, with Aberdeen FC.

The project is undergoing a £600,000 feasibility study – funded entirely by Aberdeen FC, after the council found that it could not afford to contribute.

The two locations proposed so far are the King’s Links, near the beach and Loirston Loch, near Cove.

The board has stressed that Cove Rangers’ proximity to Loirston Loch does not indicate any preference for the site, even though both clubs may work together in some form at the new stadium.

The Dons’ managing director, Duncan Fraser, said: “AFC and Cove Rangers are the two senior football teams in Aberdeen and we have close ties and a good working relationship.

“If they were incorporated on the same site that could be advantageous.â€

Cove Rangers, the Highland League champions, have been granted planning permission for a new stadium of their own, at Calder Park, Cove.

Mr Moorhouse said: “We recognise that, from a business perspective, we must keep all our options open and we are keen to explore the opportunities that being part of a much larger project offers, both in business and, of course, in footballing terms.

“This does not detract from our original plan of having our own purpose-built facility.â€

Council leader Kate Dean, who is also a member of the board, added: “We are very keen to progress with finding the most suitable site for the new stadium and our consultants are working hard to assess which of the two sites is the more deliverable.â€

Or 56 fosters and i dont mean tins

TBH I'd rather have 56 tins of Fosters than one Richard Foster. 56 tins of mildly drinkable pish is better than one pile of unbearable pish!

On the stadium front, I can see us and Cove Rangers moving into a shared stadium. Then Cove Rangers will struggle to keep up appearances with the rent money and will merge with us to become ..... ABERDEEN RANGERS!

I'm nae supportin that shite!

TBH I'd rather have 56 tins of Fosters than one Richard Foster. 56 tins of mildly drinkable pish is better than one pile of unbearable pish!

On the stadium front, I can see us and Cove Rangers moving into a shared stadium. Then Cove Rangers will struggle to keep up appearances with the rent money and will merge with us to become ..... ABERDEEN RANGERS!

I'm nae supportin that shite!

That's what happened with 1860 & Bayern Munich, but then Bayern just bought 1860's half of the stadium, but there's some complex agreement where only 1860 can buy it back and it has to be for the same price. Hope our stadium looks like the Alliance