Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scottish Cup Semi Final Sunday 13th April 12:45 Live on BBC

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just gone midnight here, I'm off to bed. When I wake up in 7 hours or so,  I'm looking forward to reading a fabulous match report about an all conquering Dons team sweeping aside a valiant, but gubbed bunch of perthshire's finest. Failing that, I'll settle for a sclaffed shin shot bouncing off both posts and the keeper's back before trickling over the line for an undeserved daylight robbery of a result.

:ultras:

Should never have list that from that situation, looked so comfortable as well. Gutted

Woeful second half performance. Never got going and just looked too chilled out. Just didn't test them enough. Fair play to st. Johnstone they kept going and asked the right questions, hope they beat the Arabs.

St Johnstone wanted it more and seemed to me the dons were waiting for them to collapse as soon as McGinn's goal went in.

Saints bossed the second half and for me every time they came forward, Anderson and co looked rushed and panicked. There also seem to be far to much pussy footing around the box when a solid 'hoof it up and/ or out of the park' was required.

Well now its back to league business. Best response would be shutting the euro qualification door on Caley on Friday night.

Gutted.  If rooney had taken his chance not long after mcginn scored it was game over.  Such is life, St J are due a result against us it has to be said and you have to admire the comeback.  I'm starting to think Anderson is waning a bit, the loss of pace is making his mistakes more noticeable this season and it may be time to move considine into the middle with reynolds.

Gutted.  If rooney had taken his chance not long after mcginn scored it was game over.  Such is life, St J are due a result against us it has to be said and you have to admire the comeback.  I'm starting to think Anderson is waning a bit, the loss of pace is making his mistakes more noticeable this season and it may be time to move considine into the middle with reynolds.

I thought a lot of the team looked tired today and consi is definitely not a left back. I was getting a bit more uncomfortable able Anderson strolling forward but we were able to cope with it. First real test for DM, let's hope the team responds by securing second place.

There are fairly legitimate reasons for not attending. There will be no boozing time, its on a Sunday, its an early K.O., I've already seen us play St Johnstone three times this season(with a fourth time coming up soon), no trains apart from the ridiculously expensive ones, spent a load of money at the league cup quarter/semi/final rounds, have my dissertation to do and generally can't really be bothered. I've also been a season ticket holder for 13 years on the bounce so I'd like to think I wouldn't be at the last in line for final tickets.

No real issue now I guess

Good luck with the dissertation  :thumbsup:

Huge disappointment there.

Started the 2nd half by keeping the ball for around 10/15 minutes, stroking it about, St Johnstone barely got near it.  Then we just lacked a killer blow, shots on target were lackluster and strikers looked lazy in beating their counterparts.

Got what we deserved in the end.

United would have humped both those performances yesterday.

Really disappointing.

United would have humped both those performances yesterday.

And we'd have humped United on Saturday.

We were too ponderous around their box in the second half and we suffered in not having any natural width on the park.

Langfield was poor in the run up to the first goal, stuck to his line again when he should be coming and collecting.  Considine looks as though he's running in treacle and if folk think Anderson's lack of pace is a problem I'm not sure how Considine is the answer to that. Consi has been consistently poor since his return from injury - granted he's not a full back but it can't be good for his confidence or the confidence of the defence in general.

In the end we were our own worst enemy yesterday; we had our chances and failed to take them.

Think I'd try to freshen up the line up for Friday, we're a wee bit too predictable at the minute.

And we'd have humped United on Saturday.

We were too ponderous around their box in the second half and we suffered in not having any natural width on the park.

Langfield was poor in the run up to the first goal, stuck to his line again when he should be coming and collecting.  Considine looks as though he's running in treacle and if folk think Anderson's lack of pace is a problem I'm not sure how Considine is the answer to that. Consi has been consistently poor since his return from injury - granted he's not a full back but it can't be good for his confidence or the confidence of the defence in general.

In the end we were our own worst enemy yesterday; we had our chances and failed to take them.

Think I'd try to freshen up the line up for Friday, we're a wee bit too predictable at the minute.

Agreed, particularly your last two sentences.

We have some real hard work to do to secure second.

Also however firmly believe we will ultimately do it :thumbsup:

Way to slow getting the ball forward on Sunday. Do not think we can afford to play Flood Jack and Robson in midfield at the same time. Flood and jack especially slow the play down whenever they are on the ball and Flood rarely passes the ball forward. Not a criticism of any of the players as their work rates cannot be faulted but with them there we lose forward momentum in midfield more often than not. Would much rather see Low being paired with one of them in the middle as he has drive and pace to go at opposition.

Other thing that stood out was for the first time this season we did not look as fit as the opposition maybe a long season starting to take its toll. Might be an idea to change things around on Friday.

Didn't see the game, fuck you RedTV for cancelling my account, and woke up too late to be worth finding a stream anyway.

How much of a loss has Hayes been, particularly reading comments about our attack in this game?

Hayes being fit I think it would have meant that we wouldn't have had Flood / Robson / Jack in Midfield.  I agree with Jute, it slowed our play down considerably every time they got the ball.  Great players but far too safe in their approach.