Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scottish Cup Semi Final Sunday 13th April 12:45 Live on BBC

You often hear people criticise Scottish football for poor quality, low crowds, lack of competition etc. but none of those things come close to the problem that is corruption right at the heart of Scottish football. We really need to do something about this because it really is just utterly embarrassing. How much more obvious can it about who they favour when your giving them 65% of a stadium that is their one teams home ground at a supposedly neutral setting? There is not a hope in hell that this would ever happen for a non-OF team.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted I'm not able to get up for this game. Won't even see it on the telly either, I'll be struggling my way round the London marathon course on the 13th.

I'm currently trying to get some mates to position themselves strategically around the course, to give me score updates as I pass them. maybe some kind of F1 style pit board system is what I need!

now if it was a regular 3pm kick off, then there'd be no problem, but that would be a silly idea for 2 non-Glasgow teams playing in Glasgow wouldn't it?  :hammer:

www.justgiving.com/dexterstewart

www.pavementtherapy.wordpress.com

I see CCH from Ab Mad is tweeting that everyone should bring their own sandwiches to the game to minimise any profit for the huns :DBrilliant idea!

Agreed, lets not buy anything when we are there at all - not drinks or food and can someone arrange a big banner to let them know we are boycotting their hospitality  ;D

Bobby Madden and William Collum have been appointed as referees to this season’s William Hill Scottish Cup semi-finals.

Madden will take charge of Rangers versus Dundee United on Saturday, 12th April and Collum will referee St Johnstone versus Aberdeen.

Both matches kick-off at 12.45pm and take place at Ibrox Stadium.

This season, both semi-finals will feature additional assistant referees.

Last year’s final between Hibernian and Celtic saw the officials take their place behind the goal for the first time and now the system has been rolled out across both semi-final matches.

The full appointments are:

Rangers v Dundee United

Referee: Bobby Madden

Assistant Referee 1: Graham Chambers

Assistant Referee 2: Alastair Mather

Fourth Official: Calum Murray

Additional Assistant Referee 1: John Beaton

Additional Assistant Referee 2: Alan Muir

St Johnstone v Aberdeen

Referee: William Collum

Assistant Referee 1: Gavin Harris

Assistant Referee 2: David McGeachie

Fourth Official: Steven McLean

Additional Assistant Referee 1: Kevin Clancy

Additional Assistant Referee 2: Brian Colvin

Looking at the ticket availability online I reckon we've sold about 10,000  :-\

EDIT:

DEREK McInnes today urged the Red Army to come out in force to help their quest for Scottish Cup glory.

The Dons are due to face St Johnstone in the Scottish Cup semis at Ibrox a week on Sunday.

Aberdeen worked hard to persuade the SFA to give them a bumper allocation of tickets for the match.

The club has sold about 12,000 tickets after getting an allocation of more than 20,000.

Dons boss McInnes is hoping that figure will increase as the clash looms closer.

McInnes said: “I can’t over play the importance of having the same sort of strong backing we had at the last semi-final.

“Walking out at Tynecastle and seeing the stands packed with red and white clad Aberdeen fans paid a key part in us being able to overcome very tough opponents.

“It was the same when we played the League Cup final at Celtic Park, the backing we got that day was spectacular.

Simple answer is anyone not attending the semi goes to bottom of the pile for final tickets

There are fairly legitimate reasons for not attending. There will be no boozing time, its on a Sunday, its an early K.O., I've already seen us play St Johnstone three times this season(with a fourth time coming up soon), no trains apart from the ridiculously expensive ones, spent a load of money at the league cup quarter/semi/final rounds, have my dissertation to do and generally can't really be bothered. I've also been a season ticket holder for 13 years on the bounce so I'd like to think I wouldn't be at the last in line for final tickets.

There are fairly legitimate reasons for not attending. There will be no boozing time, its on a Sunday, its an early K.O., I've already seen us play St Johnstone three times this season(with a fourth time coming up soon), no trains apart from the ridiculously expensive ones, spent a load of money at the league cup quarter/semi/final rounds, have my dissertation to do and generally can't really be bothered. I've also been a season ticket holder for 13 years on the bounce so I'd like to think I wouldn't be at the last in line for final tickets.

I wouldn't say the bold ones are legitimate reasons at all but each to their own!

My younger son is a student.  He can't get home again for the semi,  but I paid the massive sum of £5 for a ticket in his name in the hope od giving him a better chance of a cup final ticket. Andrew I accept there will always be legitimate reasons for non attendance, but those that simply can't be bothered have no grounds for complaint if they can't then get a ticket for the final

I wouldn't say the bold ones are legitimate reasons at all but each to their own!

It's a day out though it's not just about the football. Especially if your spending the best part of £50 and 3 hours just to get there. If a game is 12:45 on a Sunday then it just isn't nearly as much fun as 1500 on a Saturday and surely your own enjoyment should be paramount when choosing whether to go or not rather than the some strange sense of loyalty.

My younger son is a student.  He can't get home again for the semi,  but I paid the massive sum of £5 for a ticket in his name in the hope od giving him a better chance of a cup final ticket. Andrew I accept there will always be legitimate reasons for non attendance, but those that simply can't be bothered have no grounds for complaint if they can't then get a ticket for the final

So because you bought a fiver ticket for your son who won't be there he should be ahead of someone who put trust in the team in July and has been to every home and some cup games? Aberdeen is a business and they should reward those who sign up early, buy season ticket etc. not just go to one off games.

So because you bought a fiver ticket for your son who won't be there he should be ahead of someone who put trust in the team in July and has been to every home and some cup games? Aberdeen is a business and they should reward those who sign up early, buy season ticket etc. not just go to one off games.

Never said that did I ?

He has been to every game possible this season, which until St Johnstone cup semi was virtually every game this season (home and away). If you faced a seven hour round trip to every home game would you buy a season ticket ?

Everyone will put forward an argument as to why they deserve priority. I never said you didn't deserve a cup final ticket. I merely said I did what I did in order to increase his chances of getting one. Big difference Andrew and can't believe we're having this argument, but if you want to make it one of these my cock is bigger than your cock debates so be it.... do you really want to go there ?

Never said that did I ?

He has been to every game possible this season, which until St Johnstone cup semi was virtually every game this season (home and away). If you faced a seven hour round trip to every home game would you buy a season ticket ?

Everyone will put forward an argument as to why they deserve priority. I never said you didn't deserve a cup final ticket. I merely said I did what I did in order to increase his chances of getting one. Big difference Andrew and can't believe we're having this argument, but if you want to make it one of these my cock is bigger than your cock debates so be it.... do you really want to go there ?

I do not want to get there. Big chance I will lose!