Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Celtic

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the fuck was Weaver doing there? Embarrassing. Yes it took a horrible deflection but he watched it going over his head!

Between that and taking an age to get down at the penalty he's really not filling me with any confidence. Never thought I'd say this but Langfield has to be straight back in.

Some positives but ultimately another big crowd and another setback.

FFS

McGinn's been unusually shit too. Some poor decisions and a sitter missed.

So frustrating that Celtic clearly aren't that bothered about this result. But we didn't get the goal early and then a cunty rule ended the game as a contest.

Just like this fixture last season, enthusiasm rushes back and the crowd turn up, then we fuck it up. Hopefully the difference is we didn't fuck it up through lack of ambition this time. Mainly just unlucky. There's something about this team so if fans stick by them I do think we can achieve good things this season.

Not in terms of ability, but in terms of the state of his physical health, is this just one season too far for Russell? He looked fucked today.

Noticed he seemed to have an icepack strapped to his hip/lower back when the ref came over to talk to McInnes & Leighton, suspect he wasn't fully recovered from last weekend...

Actually quite impressed with bt today. They've focussed on aberdeen as much as celtic which isn't something I've seen in over a decade of anybody else's coverage. Thought McAlister was also fair unlike a couple of you. Said after half an hour we were the team that looked most likely, which isn't a thought that'd even cross the minds of certain other co-comms...Craig fucking Burley anyone?

Actually quite impressed with bt today. They've focussed on aberdeen as much as celtic which isn't something I've seen in over a decade of anybody else's coverage. Thought McAlister was also fair unlike a couple of you. Said after half an hour we were the team that looked most likely, which isn't a thought that'd even cross the minds of certain other co-comms...Craig fucking Burley anyone?

Yeah I thought the same. Seemed to mention a few times that we were looking good and Celtic needed the man advantage to defeat us.

Aye I'd agree, wasn't impressed with BT Sport the only time I watched it before today but my opinions now changed, decent coverage.

I thought the coverage was excellent, it was more his comments re that cunt mulgrew on russel and forrests "challenge". Thought he was very lenient with his comments. Other than that I thought it was great. Nice to see Eric black too  :thumbsup:

A lot of positives to take from the start we've made, lets hope the team and fans brush this one off and get it together for tynie. As frustrating as it was, that was the most composed we've looked against them since jc's time. The signs are there!

Was more specifically his comments after Wylde's challenge that led to a celtic free kick (that never was), comments re Forrest's "tackle" and the fact that every awful misplaced celtic pass was "the ball skidding off the wet surface", never once a bad pass.

Other than that, yeah I guess he was ok.

Russell was shite today, shockingly exposed for the goal. He's a man with dead legs.

Langfield getting a red was yet another example of how shite that rule is but he was also exposed, in his case for being the thick cunt that he is, never being able to anticipate anything, far less the obvious.

Disappointing result but a game killed by stupidity on the parts of Anderson and Langfield and a bad rule most of all.

Zola yet again exposed for what he is. No idea what he actually is bit footballer he aint. Did we not watch the cunt before agreeing to pay him a wage? Is this another George Weah's cousin type phone call that suckered us in?

Russell's legs are gone and I suspect he'll drop down the pecking order with a fully-fit Considine, Reynolds and Hector all available.  He was probably just as culpable for the penalty as Langfield was but it does appear that Scottish referees are too "by the book" these days to make their own minds up on decisions.  It wasn't a foregone conclusion that Samaras was denied a clear goalscoring opportunity and a yellow would've sufficed.

Jack and Flood full of running in the middle of the park which is so refreshing to see and Hayes certainly seemed to be getting stuck in as well.

Reynolds had actually done really well to keep pace with Forrest and get a block in, just one of those absolute flukes. Weaver had absolutely no chance with it.  That being said, I don't rate him (Weaver) at all, and never have done.  He's a stop-gap second choice until we free up Langfield's (and his) wage at the end of the season.

Boys done well today truth is we've been done in.

Disappointed with today. Team totally changed the way they played compared to last week. Sat way to deep and allowed the Tims to set the pace of the game. 3 games in and less and less convinced that Zola is a player. Anderson was not good today again. Need Considine back soon.

Above said 6 points out of first 3 games that include Tims and Well away is a decent start. If we can go back to the way we played 2nd half against Well at Tynecastle next week I am sure we will get back to winning ways.

Absolute shocking red card, there are times players and genuinely outskilled and make a clumsy tackle when obviously trying to get the ball, it happens all over the park every game. Landfield did what every goalkeeper would do and try and save a goal, no malicious intent. The penalty is a huge punishment, a red card is just not necessary. Furthermore there was horrendous vicious tackles going in on Pawlett that could've done the boy serious damage. How can the genuine attempt to do your job a sending off and pretty much assault just a yellow. Fucking mind boggling. Apart from that, Hector impressed me, Flood, Jack, Reynolds all looked good. Theres positive signs there. Although lets hope we get by while Langfield is suspended, Weaver looked like an outfield player being drafter into goals, seemed to lack the knowledge and skill any decent goalkeeper should have

Another observation about the ref today, Mulgrew's booking - he took an absolute age to flash the yellow card, seemingly lapping up his new found pantomime villain status as the crowd grew more and more irate.  Then Forrest comes on and is fouled as he takes his first touch - the yellow was out of his pocket before the little cunt even hit the turf.

I don't rate Robertson, but if he's the price we have to pay to have Reynolds at centre back instead of Anderson then so be it.  Pawlett looks incredible, he could be a real asset if he could just find that final ball.

Need a result in Edinburgh next week now.

Celtic fans are arseholes.

I'm drunk.

Canny be bothered quoting but Jute and Mav had the best comments about the game

Too early in the season to be too despondent about the result - unlike last season when we played them in November, got beat by them and then played utter gash for about 5 months - we just need to pick ourselves up for the Jambos next Saturday at Tynecastle - need to definitely get 3 points there

None of the commentators at half time said it shouldn't have been a red card - I thought there was no need for Langfield to bring Samuras down - he wasn't gonna score and even if he had still better to have 11 men on the pitch with a whole half to play for instead of the pish that was served up after the interval

I agree wholeheartedly with Manc and CTS - absolutely canny stand the tims -the players, manager, fans aaargh  >:(

As shit as it was for us, I can't argue with the red card. whether or not 1 split second frame makes the ref look like he's an evil c**t or not.

If that was McGinn being brought down there's not 1 person on here that wouldn't be screaming for a red card.

I'm more annoyed that Langfield thought it was a good idea to make that challenge and run the very high risk of a red card in the 1st place. 1 nil down to that mob with 11 men with the team we currently have would have been rescuable. the 2nd half showed us that. 1 nil down with 10 men made it a massive ask. 90th minute, then by all means take out the striker and hope for a penalty miss, but not with a whole half to go.

now that I've had time to calm down, I've taken a lot of positives from the 1st chance I've had to see us other than highlights. we look like we've got a bit of shape and purpose to us now, and while we lacked a final ball at times, we also had Robson missing yesterday. a good result at Tynecastle next week would get us back on track nicely.