Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Golazo de McGinn

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're talking as if I'm trying to be subliminal. I'm not. What I said is clear. I don't share your point of view that McGinn should be sacked if he celebrated.

At last. Some attempts at clarity. We MAY have a difference of opinion. I'm not saying he should be sacked if he celebrated. I didn't post this, as you can see if you read correctly. I'm saying it should be curtains if it was online him celebrating. Big difference.

No it's not the same, given McGinn's previous. There is a fundamental difference here.

What previous would that be then?  Having played for Celtic?  Supported them?

Can't see that as being any different to any pro that hasn't celebrated/looked apologetic after scoring against previous/boyhood clubs. 

If he had been caught online celebrating a Celtic goal on Monday, then I would have him sacked immediately.

This is also something I'm guessing you wouldn't understand and yet, gross misconduct for which every employment tribunal in the land would see as justifiable dismissal.

That, quite frankly is the most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time, to suggest him celebrating Celtic scoring is anything like gross misconduct is incredible.

That's all I said. If you can't read what was posted properly, don't waste everyone's time inventing pish.

::);D

ignoring or deliberately forgetting what he did at Parkhead and after it came out about the Celtic fundraiser, are just trying to show what nice and "reasonable" liberal open-minded cunts they are.

Care to enlighten us about what happened after the fundraiser?  Genuinely don't recall that.

Nobody has said drop him etc. UNLESS HE WAS CAUGHT ONLINE CELEBRATING THE GOAL.

Some people on social media are saying he was celebrating it. I hope this hasn't been captured and trust that the club will deal with it internally. It would be game over for him if he was caught celebrating it. It would be incredibly stupid if these allegations are true but we could live with it for four months hopefully if it's not out there online, which it hasn't appeared to be.

Some people say lots of things on social media, I'd be willing to bet a large amount of money that the vast majority of it is pish, I suspect McGinn celebrating wildly on Monday night falls into this category...

The history of McGinn and Sellick is relevant to any internal mentoring now required, as is his relationship with the gaffer.

And just what do you have that makes you believe that there's any problems in the relationship with the manager?  The fact he signed on an extended deal without any fuss what so ever?  Do you really think there was a strained relationship or any attitude problem he would have been tied up on a long term deal?

Well instead of posting shite, try and say something interesting for a change.

:rofl: oh the irony...

At least I know now what happened to Jim Traynor.

:rofl:

Thought Graeme summed it up pretty well tbh be honest.  I do hope that footage / images of him celebrating don't surface though, would be embarrassing for all parties.  Even though I think it's just a few jumped up dhims and weegia spreading shite.  A footballer being silly? Wonders will never cease :D

What previous would that be then?  Having played for Celtic?  Supported them?

Can't see that as being any different to any pro that hasn't celebrated/looked apologetic after scoring against previous/boyhood clubs. 

That, quite frankly is the most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time, to suggest him celebrating Celtic scoring is anything like gross misconduct is incredible.

::);D

Care to enlighten us about what happened after the fundraiser?  Genuinely don't recall that.

Some people say lots of things on social media, I'd be willing to bet a large amount of money that the vast majority of it is pish, I suspect McGinn celebrating wildly on Monday night falls into this category...

And just what do you have that makes you believe that there's any problems in the relationship with the manager?  The fact he signed on an extended deal without any fuss what so ever?  Do you really think there was a strained relationship or any attitude problem he would have been tied up on a long term deal?

:rofl: oh the irony...

Your ignorance of the two previous occasions he incurred the wrath of AFC supporters isn't my fault.

You don't think celebrating a Celtic goal is grounds to fire him. I can't help you there either.

In case you can't read, I have not said that he did celebrate it.

I speculated on the reasons why McGinn hasn't been producing his best form. He was pretty shite for two whole years until he last few games and even then, he's not producing what he used to. I have no idea why he's not been producing. All I'm sure of is that it's mental, an attitude problem. He has NOT been giving AFC and this manager what he gave the previous manager. That's a fact isn't it? Or is your ignorance of McGinn's history symptomatic of your ignorance about football generally. Do you even go to games?

I'm not sure there's much point going to games now. If R_S's example from a St Mirren game is true, then it seems the guys on the pitch don't listen to us when we shout at/to them anyway.

Smart arse. My point was that the player in question was the most frustrated I have ever been this century with an AFC player. I wasn't the only one. His team-mate, the worst goalkeeper ever to have played more than 20 or 30 games for us was also screaming at him.

As previously instructed I'm going to ignore this post on account of the time at which it was posted and I'll assume you were inebriated.

I don't have a problem with him watching Celtic. I would like to see our players celebrate more when we score against Celtic though. Even Hayes seemed reluctant.

I don't think what I said was that bad. Posted a hell of a lot worse things after coming back from the pub.

Get a grip, Jesus he went to one game of football.

Fair enough he's in the public eye but that doesn't mean he should be banned from doing what he likes in his own time.

When he spends his spare time bringing the club into disrepute by doing something actually wrong you can throw that excuse about all you like, until then dry your eyes.

It's the whole mentality of Scottish football that is the problem though. The vast majority of the players seem to support one of the old firm and i don't think it can be good for a team or an individual. That image of the St Mirren players celebrating a Celtic goal before one of there games - it's just shows how embarrassingly parochial Scottish football is.

Your ignorance of the two previous occasions he incurred the wrath of AFC supporters isn't my fault.

No, but seeing as it was a genuine question you could have given me some clue as to what you're on about. Simple question really but if you're unable or incapable of telling me what McGinn did at a celtic fund raiser that enraged so many dons fans then fair enough, you be evasive all you like!

You don't think celebrating a Celtic goal is grounds to fire him. I can't help you there either.

Wonderful because Im fairly certain if any club was stupid or petty enough to even try to justify that they'd be up against a wrongful dismissal case before you know it!

I speculated on the reasons why McGinn hasn't been producing his best form. He was pretty shite for two whole years until he last few games and even then, he's not producing what he used to. I have no idea why he's not been producing. All I'm sure of is that it's mental, an attitude problem. He has NOT been giving AFC and this manager what he gave the previous manager. That's a fact isn't it? Or is your ignorance of McGinn's history symptomatic of your ignorance about football generally. Do you even go to games?

Id imagine the fact the system has changed since the season he was scoring for fun had a major effect in this. He was no longer focal point of our attack so of course goals were harder to come by. I imagine his confidence took a hit as he lost form too which wouldn't have helped. To suggest it's down to his attitude is a bit of a stretch and I can't see what you're basing that on to be honest.

And as Manc kindly pointed out I do live in aberdeen yes and I do attend games, admittedly ive missed a couple recently due to other commitments but that's life... Maybe you should try it rather than getting angry about trivial things on the Internet  ;)

Rocket, been doing a little Google research, probably not very in depth seeing as Im on my phone with limited battery life but the only even remotely relevant thing that Google came up with (admittedly Google probably doesn't know quite as much as you) is this:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/belfast-pub-owned-agent-celtic-2928793

Is this what you were referring to?

Because I can see how you were enraged by that, despite the fact Even the agent seems to be quoted as saying he didn't have a clue the pub his agent ran was holding a green brigade fund raiser I can tell he was absolutely one of the ring leaders and I'm amazed he wasn't sacked instantly.

Although if that's not what you're droning on about I'm sorry (well not really) and I fully accept the inevitable ranting post in response whilst still avoiding letting slip what the fuck you're actually on about.

:-*

Right maybe we should all come up with a list of rules all aberdeen players must follow or they're sacked... Would that keep everyone happy?  ::)

Jesus wept you lot need to get over yourselves.  He attended a football game. In his own time.

People bitching about it will cause far more harm to our season than McGinn going to a Celtic game ever will.

What a wanker.

Somebody educate this moron. He doesn't know McGinn's previous and uses his own ignorance as justification to write shit like this.

And quite how an online forum is going to do "far more harm" is incredulous.

He shouldn't be doing it. If he wants to watch it, it was on TV. He could have sat in his house and watched it. They are our direct rivals, why should any of our lads be showing any public support of them? 

In years gone past, would a Celtic player have gone to watch the huns cos he was a boyhood hun? We'd all perceive that as being unacceptable would we not? So what's the difference here?

There is only one difference with McGinn and Diamond here. McGinn is a good player, that's why people are saying it's ok. We're too frightened of losing him should we take a harder line.

Someone should be having a word with him and remind him of the situation the club finds itself in right at this minute.

This is what I think too - not one single one of you will be happy at Celtic Park next month if we are still close points wise and McGinn either misses a sitter/penalty/gets sent off/scores an own goal/smiles when they score etc so he should show some savvy.

Being a footballer is a powerful, privileged position and with great power comes great responsibility  ;D

Right I'm away to unfollow him on twitter - drop him and play Willo instead - what team does he support  ;D

What a wanker.

Somebody educate this moron. He doesn't know McGinn's previous and uses his own ignorance as justification to write shit like this.

And quite how an online forum is going to do "far more harm" is incredulous.

::)

Well ive already asked a simple question... I can't help it if you won't expand on the previous antics of McGinn thays clearly upset you so much!

This is what I think too - not one single one of you will be happy at Celtic Park next month if we are still close points wise and McGinn either misses a sitter/penalty/gets sent off/scores an own goal/smiles when they score etc so he should show some savvy.

Being a footballer is a powerful, privileged position and with great power comes great responsibility  ;D

Right I'm away to unfollow him on twitter - drop him and play Willo instead - what team does he support  ;D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee_utd/7849933.stm

;)

I apologise. You guys that see nothing wrong are the majority on here. Like you were re Calderwood. Like you were re Clangfool. It's not AFC issues here. It's something else.

Can you just answer his question?

I too have no idea what McGinn's 'previous' is and for this 'debate' to end sooner it should either be revealed or declared as fiction.

Then we can go back to posting clips of his goals, the next coming on saturday

I don't care, we're top of the fucking league.

If, at some point in the future, we become no longer top of the fucking league, I will hold McGinn and his irresponsible behaviour entirely responsible for said situation; the thick Irish dick.

lol. Tell us what you think baggy ;)