Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Golazo de McGinn

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you're entitled to your opinion nellie but I hugely disagree.

I'll say this though, can you imagine how fergie would have reacted had an Aberdeen player behaved in this fashion?

Paul Scholes is a massive Bolton fan, and used to go to their games on a regular basis.  I'm pretty sure Fergie would have had more important things to think about.

It's not a massive issue, people are just giving their opinions ffs sake, you know, on a football forum. Maybe you should make a list of rules of what we're allowed to talk about in case some issues "harm our season"...  ::)

Exactly. It's not a massive issue. He just needs to be told to THINK, to not do it again and wisen the fuck up.

End of.

For anyone not to see this is incredible. Fucking morons. Politically correct morons.

As for fans "arguing about it" online possibly affecting the team, who's getting up themselves now?

It's only opinion-sharing. If you (ED and others) don't like it, then learn to follow what I say... carefully. You might learn something. Or have the balls to confront us directly and tell us where we're going wrong.

Exactly. It's not a massive issue. He just needs to be told to THINK, to not do it again and wisen the fuck up.

End of.

For anyone not to see this is incredible. Fucking morons. Politically correct morons.

As for fans "arguing about it" online possibly affecting the team, who's getting up themselves now?

It's only opinion-sharing. If you (ED and others) don't like it, then learn to follow what I say... carefully. You might learn something. Or have the balls to confront us directly and tell us where we're going wrong.

So basically its all about opinion sharing... except you're a moron if you disagree with your opinion? Thanks for clearing that up oh wise one :thumbsup:

Oh and it's fuck all to do with being politically correct, it's just that most reasonable people see no harm in him going to watch a game of football with his ex team mate, but you crack on.  ;D

So basically its all about opinion sharing... except you're a moron if you disagree with your opinion? Thanks for clearing that up oh wise one :thumbsup:

Oh and it's fuck all to do with being politically correct, it's just that most reasonable people see no harm in him going to watch a game of football with his ex team mate, but you crack on.  ;D

You're learning! *winksmileymileykylie*

There is a difference between opinions and facts. McGinn's "apology" for scoring at Parkhead was bad enough. His attendance at this game, especially given the SPL right now was folly. It is fact that it was a stupid thing to do, the third (at least) time he has rubbed our noses in it. How many more times does he have to display his love for what he thinks Celtic represents to him before you see it?

You're learning! *winksmileymileykylie*

There is a difference between opinions and facts. McGinn's "apology" for scoring at Parkhead was bad enough. His attendance at this game, especially given the SPL right now was folly. It is fact that it was a stupid thing to do, the third (at least) time he has rubbed our noses in it. How many more times does he have to display his love for what he thinks Celtic represents to him before you see it?

Firstly, there's many many pro's that have done something similar against ex teams, another fuss over nothing.

Secondly I can't see how he's rubbing anything in anyone's faces, I genuinely can't... But you crack on with the outrage  :wave:

Glass half full,

He attends game and see's / hears first hand the disharmony amongst the celtic support which can only be music to the ears of his current team mates.

DM probably approved it on the proviso that Neill agreed to do the driving and for DM to have a couple of beers on the way back up the road.

Win win for everyone.

Firstly, there's many many pro's that have done something similar against ex teams, another fuss over nothing.

Secondly I can't see how he's rubbing anything in anyone's faces, I genuinely can't... But you crack on with the outrage  :wave:

No it's not the same, given McGinn's previous. There is a fundamental difference here.

If he had been caught online celebrating a Celtic goal on Monday, then I would have him sacked immediately.

This is also something I'm guessing you wouldn't understand and yet, gross misconduct for which every employment tribunal in the land would see as justifiable dismissal.

Now opinion this time, pure speculation as I don't know the two of them personally, I don't feel that McGinn is giving his all for McInnes. It is fact that Derek is everything that McGinn is not. He's not a thick ugly Deputy Dawg lookalike for a start and he is articulate and intelligent, something well beyond the realm of most footballers and particularly McGinn.

He's also ex Rangers, something that very thick indoctrinated kafflicks would detest. That's fact too.

Why McGinn has never produced what he's capable of under McInnes is the speculation. That he hasn't produced is fact.

A minute before Clangers screamed at McGinn during the St Murn away game a year or so back, a scream we heard from the opposite end of the pitch, I similarly had an outburst against McGinn, the first time this century I shouted at an AFC player. Even though he, and every one else in the stand heard me, it made no difference. He continued to be shite that game, that month and that enduring few months.

McGinn has an attitude problem and McInnes stood by him when he was screaming to be dropped. That we've had good contributions from him this season is great but still nowhere near what he was doing pre-McInnes, scoring goals and looking sharp as fuck.

What his attitude problem is, only those in the mix will know. That he has one is fact. Attending that game on Monday may or may not be related to the attitude problem. The fact that he attended, on top of his other pro-Celtic stuff, was shocking.

Coming late into this debate and not got much to say that hasn't already been said.

Think McGinn has at best been a bit stupid here.

No good was ever going to come out of his attendance on Monday night.

Against that no point in taking some of the drastic actions against him as suggested on all AFC fan sites.

The Weegie media and Victim FC followers must be lapping this up.

If AFC are to do anything about this, then do it behind closed doors and ensure it is kept there.

Even though he, and every one else in the stand heard me, it made no difference. He continued to be shite that game,

Wow! The sheer cheek of the little Tim. I honestly can't beleive this. Cash in I say, his numbers up... :laughing:

Seems most folk on social media, are incapable of seeing grey anymore. It's either

Black: he purposely did this on Monday as a personal fuck you to aberdeen and the memory of dick Donald, and should be tarred and feathered on Union st before the weekend

White: he can do what he wants, nothing to see here, if you think he was wrong in doing this you are a precious nugget who needs to re-evaluate your life

Truth is it's somewhere North of white but South of black.

Should he have gone to the game? Don't see why not.

Should he have sat in with the normal fans, probably an error of judgement here.

Given that he signed a 2 years extension a matter of weeks ago, it seems unlikely that he was trying to make any point by doing this.

A quiet word to him about his public persona as an aberdeen player should suffice.

As for not celebrating goals, that's such a non issue I'm not even addressing it.

The picture online that kicked all this off, seems to be his fellow Irish, Celtic supporting agent, taking his kids (maybe even nephews) to the Celtic game. McGinn is there with his agent + kids and an ex teammate.

If anyone follows McGinn on Twitter they'll  see he seems to be quite close to his agent.

Is it possible he thought he was just doing a nice thing for a mate's kids?

maybe this trip was planned weeks or months ago. Before we suddenly became "title contenders".

If it had been one of the games in September, the impact would be far less but suddenly it matters because he was supporting our main rivals.

None of this makes it all ok.he could still have cancelled his plans etc, but the point I'm making is due to circumstance, a potentially harmless event is now the biggest talking point of our 1st week as league leaders in ages. Ridiculous.

I realise that most folk don't go on forums such as this to gain perspective and see if they can understand the opposite standpoint of their own opinion, but fucks sake people, how about we all meet in the middle and say McGinn was stupid (a footballer not thinking you say? Surely not!) and made an error of judgement, but it's done and in the past.

Let's move on.

Wow! The sheer cheek of the little Tim. I honestly can't beleive this. Cash in I say, his numbers up... :laughing:

Seems most folk on social media, are incapable of seeing grey anymore. It's either

Black: he purposely did this on Monday as a personal fuck you to aberdeen and the memory of dick Donald, and should be tarred and feathered on Union st before the weekend

White: he can do what he wants, nothing to see here, if you think he was wrong in doing this you are a precious nugget who needs to re-evaluate your life

I'm not sure if you're being deliberately obtuse here or if you're just a thick cunt but nobody has said tar and feather the cunt.

My suggestion was 1. mentor him, tell him to wise up and move on, or 2. if he was caught celebrating a goal of our opposition, sack him.

That's all I said. If you can't read what was posted properly, don't waste everyone's time inventing pish.

Since it's such a simple open and shut case, it appears to me that cunts saying it's ok for him to attend, ignoring or deliberately forgetting what he did at Parkhead and after it came out about the Celtic fundraiser, are just trying to show what nice and "reasonable" liberal open-minded cunts they are. Wankers is what they are. The same wankers who wouldn't hear any criticism of Calderclown and Clangfud.

This is dynamite that has the potential to upset the dressing room. It's a disgrace and he needs to be told to wise the fuck up. We can't afford to lose him for the run-in but he has to produce now. He has needlessly put himself under the microscope and created a diversion we didn't need, playing right into the wos media hands.

I would point out the reason Miller et al probably never went to of games to support their boyhood heroes was because games were played at the same time, not strung out over a weekend, 4, 5 days or whatever.

I don't have a big problem with what McGinn has done, bit silly maybe, but when were football players or supporters not? Yes someone at the club should have a quiet word and ask him if he realized what would happen, advise him to think a bit clearer about these things, but no need to drop him/ sell him/ vilify him (unless he is clearly "acting in a manner detrimental to Aberdeen Football Club)

but no need to drop him/ sell him/ vilify him (unless he is clearly "acting in a manner detrimental to Aberdeen Football Club)

Nobody has said drop him etc. UNLESS HE WAS CAUGHT ONLINE CELEBRATING THE GOAL.

Some people on social media are saying he was celebrating it. I hope this hasn't been captured and trust that the club will deal with it internally. It would be game over for him if he was caught celebrating it. It would be incredibly stupid if these allegations are true but we could live with it for four months hopefully if it's not out there online, which it hasn't appeared to be.

The history of McGinn and Sellick is relevant to any internal mentoring now required, as is his relationship with the gaffer.

Unless his celebrations were way OTT I'd not be overly bothered about them. Like most of the rest I'd prefer him to concentrate 100% but he went to the game and celebrated his team scoring.. I just can't get as worked up about it as others.

Unless his celebrations were way OTT I'd not be overly bothered about them. Like most of the rest I'd prefer him to concentrate 100% but he went to the game and celebrated his team scoring.. I just can't get as worked up about it as others.

How about quoting the posts when others were getting "worked up" and debating the point?

Any fucking idiot can make bland generic statements. Get specific man.

How about quoting the posts when others were getting "worked up" and debating the point?

Any fucking idiot can make bland generic statements. Get specific man.

You're talking as if I'm trying to be subliminal. I'm not. What I said is clear. I don't share your point of view that McGinn should be sacked if he celebrated.