Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Golazo de McGinn

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

Bit of a hooha going on at the moment with mcginn being seen in the away end with the dhims last night. Can't say I have a problem with it, just possibly not the smartest thing to do given the circumstances.

At the end of the day who really gives a fuck?!

It's well known he's a celtic fan, he was there with an ex team mate and it's not like they were playing aberdeen at the time.

What he does in his own time is his own business. People need to get over themselves.

At the end of the day who really gives a fuck?!

It's well known he's a celtic fan, he was there with an ex team mate and it's not like they were playing aberdeen at the time.

What he does in his own time is his own business. People need to get over themselves.

Being a footballer isn't like a normal job. You get paid a hell of a lot to play for a team in an almost pantomime world. Why would you then go and then support your teams biggest rivals? It's embarrassing and it really just shouldn't be happening. How hard is it just to watch the game on tv?

Add this up with the shite apology at Celtic park I think he should be shown the door. Football is a tribal game. If you can't even celebrate scoring against your own team or, at least, not go and see them when you have the day off then you should just fuck off.

Being a footballer isn't like a normal job. You get paid a hell of a lot to play for a team in an almost pantomime world. Why would you then go and then support your teams biggest rivals? It's embarrassing and it really just shouldn't be happening. How hard is it just to watch the game on tv?

Add this up with the shite apology at Celtic park I think he should be shown the door. Football is a tribal game. If you can't even celebrate scoring against your own team or, at least, not go and see them when you have the day off then you should just fuck off.

As previously instructed I'm going to ignore this post on account of the time at which it was posted and I'll assume you were inebriated.

I don't have a problem with him watching Celtic. I would like to see our players celebrate more when we score against Celtic though. Even Hayes seemed reluctant.

Get a grip, Jesus he went to one game of football.

Fair enough he's in the public eye but that doesn't mean he should be banned from doing what he likes in his own time.

When he spends his spare time bringing the club into disrepute by doing something actually wrong you can throw that excuse about all you like, until then dry your eyes.

If McGinn was a fanny like Zander diamond, I'd have a problem with it, but there are vast differences between the two. He's a lifelong tim and whilst I'd like to think I wouldn't do the same, its his own free time he can do what he pleases (within reason).

Yes I'd like him to celebrate against the vermin but as long as he's performing and scoring that's all I care about. We don't need our own fans to derail our season with in fighting. If anyone boos him, I hope they get a swift punch in the face. I have no doubts he has learned from this.

McGinn needs to be mentored. Undoubtedly an excellent talent for SPL level, he's not getting anywhere near the maximum from himself and hasn't done since his purple patch when he was scoring regularly for 2/3 months and famously for his country in a shock result in Portugal.

His value isn't necessarily goal-scoring as he is a tremendous runner and distributor, able to control the ball, come inside and deliver meaningful passes which we generally squander anyway, and the shots he does get in have a habit of being deflected onto woodwork.

If there are football gods, they're testing him just now and he needs to deliver when it matters i.e. the next four months. Given the mistakes he's been making both on and off the pitch, I doubt very much that he will come through for us. The unique poison of the Old Firm culture in this country makes it almost impossible for McInnes to do the mentoring on this occasion.

Cannot see a problem with McGinn attending a football match involving the team he supports. His choice of seat could have been better though as common sense should have had him sitting in corporate section of the main stand. As long as he gives his all for Aberdeen on the pitch, which he is, then he can support whoever he wants.

What is odd is his shit stirring agent thinking it was a good idea to post a picture of his client sitting in with the unwashed.

Is there a problem? Undoubtedly.

The solution? Mentor him, tell him not to be so stupid, for reasons too obvious, don't do it again, let's move on.

Danger; he's so thick and the culture is so vile that he reacts badly to any mentoring coming from his manager, accusing it of being unfair and motivated by him being a hun.

He shouldn't be doing it. If he wants to watch it, it was on TV. He could have sat in his house and watched it. They are our direct rivals, why should any of our lads be showing any public support of them? 

In years gone past, would a Celtic player have gone to watch the huns cos he was a boyhood hun? We'd all perceive that as being unacceptable would we not? So what's the difference here?

There is only one difference with McGinn and Diamond here. McGinn is a good player, that's why people are saying it's ok. We're too frightened of losing him should we take a harder line.

Someone should be having a word with him and remind him of the situation the club finds itself in right at this minute.

Right maybe we should all come up with a list of rules all aberdeen players must follow or they're sacked... Would that keep everyone happy?  ::)

Jesus wept you lot need to get over yourselves.  He attended a football game. In his own time.

People bitching about it will cause far more harm to our season than McGinn going to a Celtic game ever will.

Right maybe we should all come up with a list of rules all aberdeen players must follow or they're sacked... Would that keep everyone happy?  ::)

Jesus wept you lot need to get over yourselves.  He attended a football game. In his own time.

People bitching about it will cause far more harm to our season than McGinn going to a Celtic game ever will.

It's not a massive issue, people are just giving their opinions ffs sake, you know, on a football forum. Maybe you should make a list of rules of what we're allowed to talk about in case some issues "harm our season"...  ::)

Really disappointed by this news, he's gone down in my opinion big time. It's not acceptable for an afc player to be going to watch a direct rival as a fan. Semantics can be debated until the cows come home but in my eyes it's completely unprofessional.  He should be issuing an apology to the club and fans and if I were DM I would drop him for a few games. It's not like we don't have plenty of players waiting on a chance in the first team.

Personally if our players are going to watch rival teams in their spare time id prefer not to hear about it or have it turn into an argument amongst the fans which could perhaps spread to the players.

keep hearing talk about how important it is to keep the dressing room atmosphere good and I fear a bad result could lead to ' you want them to win the title more than us ya dick' talk with a domino effect to follow.

Typical that we go on a 7 game winning streak and one of the main talking points is about one of the players watching a game of football in his spare time.

Had McGinn been seen out drinking heavily and getting into fights on Belmont street  I could understand but this....fuck sake get over it.

If it had been Kilmarnock vs Dundee United would anyone have cared?