Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Stellar Signings - Sound Familiar ?

I could swear I've heard this before:

Brown: ‘I will sign a star for Aberdeen FC’

AFC boss in pledge to fans

By Sean Wallace

Published: 19/04/2012

Boss Craig Brown today vowed to secure “stellar” signings in the summer.

Brown aims to sign a lethal goalscorer and winger to avoid another poor season.

Aberdeen FC have failed to finish in the top six and lost out in the Scottish Cup semi-final to relegation-battling Hibs.

For more on this story and bumper coverage of Aberdeen FC, pick up a copy of today’s Evening Express or read our digital edition now

I don't know why anyone would be surprised by the way we play under Brown, or the state of the team.

This is exactly ho Scotland were when he managed them, safe, dull, try to avoid losing at almost any cost and if we happen to fluke a goal, then happy days.  He is what he is - a safety first, survivalist.

If a top notch proven goal scorer arrives in the summer, I shall happily eat my hat.

If a top notch proven goal scorer arrives in the summer, I shall happily eat my hat.

He's got a proven SPL goal scorer in his squad right now and chooses to play him wide so he can play some guy through the middle who thinks football is played in the air.

Play Vernon through the middle and if a stellar signing is to be made make it someone who can open defences up... be it a central midfielder or god forbid, a decent wide man.

He's got a proven SPL goal scorer in his squad right now and chooses to play him wide so he can play some guy through the middle who thinks football is played in the air.

Play Vernon through the middle and if a stellar signing is to be made make it someone who can open defences up... be it a central midfielder or god forbid, a decent wide man.

Precisely. I'd probably argue that if we got some decent service we may actually see a bit more from the rest of the "strikers". How he can turn a blind eye to this is ridiculous. Football is more than Centre backs and Central Midfielders  :hammer:

Precisely. I'd probably argue that if we got some decent service we may actually see a bit more from the rest of the "strikers". How he can turn a blind eye to this is ridiculous. Football is more than Centre backs and Central Midfielders  :hammer:

And dont ever forget the big PUUUUUUNNNT forward.

I think its introducef in week 2 of the sfa tactics masterclass.