🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

lee miller

Guest standfree

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did he mention Everton?

He asked "in the time he's been at Man United?".

Well if it wasn't during his time there where did he mean?

But as I said before, it's a ridiculous comparison to make and I'm sure he knows it deep down.

Back on topic:

Lee Miller is a fucking nancy boy who plays with his slippers on.

He asked "in the time he's been at Man United?".

Well if it wasn't during his time there where did he mean?

But as I said before, it's a ridiculous comparison to make and I'm sure he knows it deep down.

Back on topic:

Lee Miller is a fucking nancy boy who plays with his slippers on.

Ridiculous comparison yes. But I think you took the context of his post wrong.

When the midfielder being compared has scored 2 goals and the top strikers are failing to match it then I'll concede to that comparison. You know yourself its a fucking ridiculous comparison to make.

No, it's not a f*cking ridiculous comparison.

At the time I'd posted it, Ronaldo had scored 2 goals this season, while Rooney and Tevez only had 1 each.  Considering they've played more games than Ronaldo, and are United's main strikers, surely Fergie should expect more.

F*ck, let's take Ronaldo out of the equation (as I think the issue with him is the fact he's the best player in the world) and throw in Darren Fletcher.  2 goals this year, United's joint top scorer.  So as you say:-

When the midfielder being compared has scored 2 goals and the top strikers are failing to match it then I'll concede to that comparison. You know yourself its a fucking ridiculous comparison to make.

The expectation levels at Man United are far superior to anything at Aberdeen, so by the logic used in this thread, Fergie isn't getting the best from them and should either be sacked or drop them both.

If that's not a perfect analogy then I don't know what is.  :wave:  ;)

Miller is possibly the most talented player we have, dont see him as a goalscorer tho, more a link up striker.  Till we have someone along side him, with a decent footballing brain (see jamie smith v copenhagen), he will continue to look no more than average.

Talent at what? Diving? As a race car driver? What. If he's so talented how can he not hit the ball in the back of the net. Agreed he links up well but what's the point in that when he's employed to score goals for us. Pretty brave quote to say when we also have such players as Sone, Zander and Mulgrew in the side. If he starts performing and bangs in the goals i'll happily retract that statement but as much chance of that as Pele giving up the booze and gambling.

Zander and Aluko are very raw and have alot to learn, mulgrew cant defend great left foot.....

if Aluko was soo talented why didnt birmingham want him?

Millers talent is in his touch, and link up play, not in his goalscoring, does every good centre forward need to be on 20 goals a season?....

Get in someone who wants to get into positions to score goals and doesnt shy away, and they'd love playing up front with Miller.

I think most people can appreciate that Miller brings other things rather than goalscoring to us when he's on his game, but even still, as a forward, he should be finding the net more often.  Particularly when he has that build, you'd think he'd get more with his head, but that also throws up the question of half decent supply etc.

Darren Fletcher.  2 goals this year, United's joint top scorer.  So as you say:-

The expectation levels at Man United are far superior to anything at Aberdeen, so by the logic used in this thread, Fergie isn't getting the best from them and should either be sacked or drop them both.

If that's not a perfect analogy then I don't know what is.  :wave:  ;)

Darren Fletcher isn't in the team to score goals, he's a workhorse in the centre of the park who breaks up play and runs from box to box.  They're lucky enough to have the luxury of Scholes, Giggs, Ronaldo, etc...... who can all find the net as well as shore up midfield.  We don't have that in abundance and only from time to time do we have someone like Nicholson, Tosh or Seve(cough) who can pitch in with a few goals.

If Tevez/Rooney had a scoring record anywhere near as pitiful as Miller’s and spent as much time washing grass stains out of their shorts rather than sticking the ball in the net then they’d easily find themselves making way for somebody else.

To suggest they would ever get binned because Fletcher/Ronaldo has more goals than them after a handful of games really does show you up to be the Donstalk village idiot.

I think most people can appreciate that Miller brings other things rather than goalscoring to us when he's on his game, but even still, as a forward, he should be finding the net more often.  Particularly when he has that build, you'd think he'd get more with his head, but that also throws up the question of half decent supply etc.

There is a huge question over the ridiculous supply.

The standard full-back pass forward is a pretty aimless punt in the air just aching for a centre half to gobble up. Miller may well have the build but I reckon the guy's main skill and strength is his feet. Generally our play from the back is nothing short of pitiful.

Darren Fletcher isn't in the team to score goals, he's a workhorse in the centre of the park who breaks up play and runs from box to box.

What do you mean he's not in the team to score goals?  What a f*cking ridiculus schoolboy comment that is.  ;D

If he's on the pitch, he's a player who's there to do the job of a football player, and that job is to do all he can in helping his team win. 

They're lucky enough to have the luxury of Scholes, Giggs, Ronaldo, etc...... who can all find the net as well as shore up midfield.  We don't have that in abundance and only from time to time do we have someone like Nicholson, Tosh or Seve(cough) who can pitch in with a few goals.

And we're lucky enough to have Gary Macdonald as our top scorer right now.  Didn't he sign as a goalscoring midfielder?

And whilst we're on the subject, bar Ronaldo, United's midfielders don't score that many.  What would this f*cking clown know though, eh?  :-*

If Tevez/Rooney had a scoring record anywhere near as pitiful as Miller’s and spent as much time washing grass stains out of their shorts rather than sticking the ball in the net then they’d easily find themselves making way for somebody else.

How many have Rooney/Tevez scored this year between them?  Maybe they offer more to the team than just goals.

Maybe, just f*cking maybe, on a day-to-day basis Jimmy Calderwood is seeing more of what Lee Miller has to offer than any of the other strikers at the club.

Have you actually looked at in-depth stats of what Lee Miller brings to the side, or are you just a typical muppet who looks at one statistic, the goals per game ratio?

To suggest they would ever get binned because Fletcher/Ronaldo has more goals than them after a handful of games really does show you up to be the Donstalk village idiot.

I'm not suggesting they should ever be dropped on current form as they bring more than goals to the United side.  Maybe, just f*cking maybe, Lee Miller does that in the Aberdeen side as well.

I was giving you an analogy based on two teams that are under-performing, and that both contain strikers not scoring as much as clueless fans reckon they should. 

If you can't see how this relates to what you're saying about Lee Miller, then you're clueless.

F*ck, what would I know, I'm just the Donstalk village idiot.  :wave:

What do you mean he's not in the team to score goals?  What a f*cking ridiculus schoolboy comment that is.  ;D

You mean like goalkeepers?

They’re in the team, are they there to score goals?

To my recollection Rio Ferdinand has only scored one goal for all the games he’s played for England and only a handful for United.  You think he gets picked each time for his goal scoring prowess?

Miller (according to Redweb) is a striker and if he’s being picked for any other reason, first and foremost, to score goals then I’m not surprised we’re sitting at the arse end of the table.

[quote author=??? link=topic=977.msg90893#msg90893 date=1222904180]

If he's on the pitch, he's a player who's there to do the job of a football player, and that job is to do all he can in helping his team win. 

Take note Lee Miller, your team needs you.

And whilst we're on the subject, bar Ronaldo, United's midfielders don't score that many.  What would this f*cking clown know though, eh?  :-*

They don’t?

You ask anyone to name 10 midfielders in the Premiership who regularly score goals and you’ll get 2 or 3 Man United players in that list everytime.  In fact Fergies always filled his teams with them – Keane, Giggs, Beckham, Ronaldo, Scholes, Cantona, Strachan…… along with someone who can track back and break up play.

How many have Rooney/Tevez scored this year between them?  Maybe they offer more to the team than just goals.

OK so that’s you now said the Man U midfield and strikers don’t score goals.  Who’s scoring them for them then?

Maybe, just f*cking maybe, on a day-to-day basis Jimmy Calderwood is seeing more of what Lee Miller has to offer than any of the other strikers at the club.

Doesn’t make him right.

eg. Richard Foster.

He’s obviously not rolling around on the grass in training, flagging for free kicks or doing that cute little trick where out jumps everyone and lets the ball skiff off his head to the nearest defender’s boot.  Perhaps he’s actually playing a bit of football in training which would be fucking nice to see once in a while when it actually counts.

Have you actually looked at in-depth stats of what Lee Miller brings to the side, or are you just a typical muppet who looks at one statistic, the goals per game ratio?

No I don’t read stats at all other than the one at 5:45.  I prefer to watch the players and make my judgements based on those findings.  For instance one of your amazing statistics is probably how many balls he wins in the air.  Now that he does do well and I’m sure he ranks high on those miniskirt statistic charts of yours.  But those balls are being mopped up by defenders and doing the square root of fuck all good.  Therefore I leave the stats to the muppets in spectacles.

Feel free to post them up though.

[quote author=??? link=topic=977.msg90893#msg90893 date=1222904180]I'm not suggesting they should ever be dropped on current form as they bring more than goals to the United side.  Maybe, just f*cking maybe, Lee Miller does that in the Aberdeen side as well.

Well maybe, but not from what I’ve seen, read, heard…..

He’s 6 feet plus and fucking powder puff.

Honestly, where is he during corners?!

[quote author=??? link=topic=977.msg90893#msg90893 date=1222904180]I was giving you an analogy based on two teams that are under-performing, and that both contain strikers not scoring as much as clueless fans reckon they should. 

If you can't see how this relates to what you're saying about Lee Miller, then you're clueless.

Clueless like the other 2 or 3 people who also think your analogy is a poor one?

[quote author=??? link=topic=977.msg90893#msg90893 date=1222904180]F*ck, what would I know, I'm just the Donstalk village idiot.  :wave:

Glad we sorted that out.

So back on topic:

Lee Miller – body double for the Platoon movie poster.

So back on topic

Nice one.

The comparisons with Manchester United or any other team for that matter are ridiculous and irrelevant.  So please, no more dissertations on Fletcher/Ronaldo/Tevez.  The question simply is - "is he really doing enough for Aberdeen FC>"

His general all-round play is not in question here, but a natural penalty box goalscorer he obviously is not.  That said, could that indeed be down to tactics?  He scored plenty for Falkirk and Hearts, so there's a striker in there somewhere.  However the question of supply is also dubious.  There has been more than a few occasions this season where a full back or winger gets a cross in, and Miller doesn't look interested, or sharp enough, to make a near post/back post/any kind of run to get on the end of anything.  His off the ball movement is also questionable and makes him difficult for defenders and midfielders to pick him out with a ball to feet.  BUT - is this because he's lazy, or is it because he has been instructed to play this way?

I think if we saw a bit more liveliness from him, he would silence the overwhelming majority of his doubters.  Furthermore, if he was more lively, he might be even more of a handful for defenders and might get on the end of more things and score more goals.  Supply isn't great, but good strikers also create chances for themselves.

Lee Miller's greatest contribution last season was certainly not his goal scoring. Against Celtic in the SCQF was a good example. He set up, with the deftest of touches, our goal at Pittodrie, and in the replay, where we had so few opportunities it was scary, he put in a tireless shift as the main target man from punts upfield to try and relieve the pressure.

Mackie's goal came from the only real opportunity we had to score - the only opportunity where if he missed, we would have been spewing. Even his last minute miss on Saturday at the same venue wasn't as easy as the one Miller stuck on a plate for him in the replay. We got through to the semi v QotS as a result of a sublime piece of work by Miller, a short pass that literally won the game.

Miller's goals to games ratio obviously needs to improve, but his work in providing opportunities was fantastic last year. It's a shame there is no natural predator working alongside him.

I think if we saw a bit more liveliness from him, he would silence the overwhelming majority of his doubters.  Furthermore, if he was more lively, he might be even more of a handful for defenders and might get on the end of more things and score more goals.  Supply isn't great, but good strikers also create chances for themselves.

Exactly.

As R_Midlife said, last season he was putting the effort in and being rewarded because of it.

Now he just seems to saunter through games trying to win free kicks.

That's just not enough for a team such as ours.

You mean like goalkeepers?

They’re in the team, are they there to score goals?

To my recollection Rio Ferdinand has only scored one goal for all the games he’s played for England and only a handful for United.  You think he gets picked each time for his goal scoring prowess?

I think my schoolboy comment stands well after this post.  :thumbsup:

A team is picked by a manager, first and foremost, to get a result.  Can you grasp that?

For example, are you suggesting that no team practices set-pieces in which their target men, usually defenders, are meant to score goals?

They don’t?

You ask anyone to name 10 midfielders in the Premiership who regularly score goals and you’ll get 2 or 3 Man United players in that list everytime.  In fact Fergies always filled his teams with them – Keane, Giggs, Beckham, Ronaldo, Scholes, Cantona, Strachan…… along with someone who can track back and break up play.

Cantona was a midfielder?!?  Keane, Beckham and Strachan no longer play for Man United.  I don't really see your point.

And it's pretty f*cking obvious that I was talking in reference to United's current side.  So I'll say it again, barring Ronaldo, United's midfielders don't score that many goals.

OK so that’s you now said the Man U midfield and strikers don’t score goals.  Who’s scoring them for them then?

At which point did I say they don't score goals?  I was comparing the start Aberdeen had to the start Man Utd had, and the over-reaction by certain elements of both fan-bases.

Perhaps he’s actually playing a bit of football in training which would be fucking nice to see once in a while when it actually counts.

Yes, perhaps he is, and I'd sure hope so considering he's picked most weeks.

No I don’t read stats at all other than the one at 5:45.  I prefer to watch the players and make my judgements based on those findings.  For instance one of your amazing statistics is probably how many balls he wins in the air.  Now that he does do well and I’m sure he ranks high on those miniskirt statistic charts of yours.  But those balls are being mopped up by defenders and doing the square root of fuck all good.  Therefore I leave the stats to the muppets in spectacles.

Again, did I say anything about me having statistics?  I'd assume that the man in question, Jimmy Calderwood, would have a wealth of stats that explain why he picks him every week.  Whether or not this is justification for his selection, that's not for me to decide.

Clueless like the other 2 or 3 people who also think your analogy is a poor one?

Can you explain why it's a poor analogy?

Two teams struggling for form at the beginning of the season, with key players out injured and new faces brought in, two sets of strikers not scoring as much as the fans would like, with an unlikely midfielder as both teams top scorer.

Lee Miller's greatest contribution last season was certainly not his goal scoring. Against Celtic in the SCQF was a good example. He set up, with the deftest of touches, our goal at Pittodrie, and in the replay, where we had so few opportunities it was scary, he put in a tireless shift as the main target man from punts upfield to try and relieve the pressure.

Mackie's goal came from the only real opportunity we had to score - the only opportunity where if he missed, we would have been spewing. Even his last minute miss on Saturday at the same venue wasn't as easy as the one Miller stuck on a plate for him in the replay. We got through to the semi v QotS as a result of a sublime piece of work by Miller, a short pass that literally won the game.

Miller's goals to games ratio obviously needs to improve, but his work in providing opportunities was fantastic last year. It's a shame there is no natural predator working alongside him.

Spot on Rocket. Keep taking the tablets, or posting before the crate is empty.

• 2 years later...