Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

lee miller

Guest standfree

Guest standfree

is lee miller now our top goalscorer??

i thought he played well yesterday and took his second goal very well great first touch and a cool finish. hopefully he can take this scoring form into the next few games.

stand free

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

OK, since this thread hasn't been posted in in 2008, here's a wee update on AFC's no1 striker.

In 2008, Lee Miller has played 34 games and has scored 6 (six) goals.  Only 3 (three) of these have been from open play.

Q1 - Should we be expecting a better return from our no1 striker?

Q2 - Is it time for him to be dropped?

OK, since this thread hasn't been posted in in 2008, here's a wee update on AFC's no1 striker.

In 2008, Lee Miller has played 34 games and has scored 6 (six) goals.  Only 3 (three) of these have been from open play.

Q1 - Should we be expecting a better return from our no1 striker?

Q2 - Is it time for him to be dropped?

Personally I think he's been fucking shit.

If he actually spent his time trying to win the ball rather than win free kicks then I'm sure he'd go a long way to me eating my words.

Until then I'm going to keep thinking his pathetic attempts at cheating are ruining his game.

Apparently he's "good in the air", anyone got any stats of how many he's scored with his head?

Dropping him to the bench will take away the option of our dire long ball game and actually mean we might play some football for a change.

Personally I think he's been fucking shit.

If he actually spent his time trying to win the ball rather than win free kicks then I'm sure he'd go a long way to me eating my words.

Until then I'm going to keep thinking his pathetic attempts at cheating are ruining his game.

Apparently he's "good in the air", anyone got any stats of how many he's scored with his head?

Dropping him to the bench will take away the option of our dire long ball game and actually mean we might play some football for a change.

I'd agree with most of that.

He's playing like he's guaranteed a start at the moment.  The problem is that Mackie/Bebo/Wright are not great but benching Miller could be the kick up the backside he needs.

We also have the option of Aluko up front, with Mulgrew at left midfield.

I agree he should be dropped but for who. Out of all four of strikers i would say he is still the best........Which is pretty worrying

The best at what exactly?

If he's the best striker at the club then why have a defender and half the midfield got more goals than him?

He's believed the hype surrounding him in the UEFA games and done fuck all since.

yeah miller hasnt really set the heather alight in terms of goal scoring but some of his link up play is really good.  I blame his lack of goals on the lack of decent service all the strikers get.  Our "wide" players very rarely seem to hit the byline to cross and our centre mids aint really kings of the through ball. 

Just shows you what different folk can see.

All the Tims and United fans I know have said that Miller has been excellent in those 2 games, especially the tims, they were all very impressed.

Miller does seem to be in a wee comfort zone and that is most likely down to the other strikers being so fucking pitifully bad.

Get Smith up there with him when he's fit, that'll do the trick.

Fucking clown.

Ouch.  :-*

How is it not a comparable example?  Rooney and Tevez are both top players, who get as many chances, if not more, than Ronaldo in a game.

If his strikers aren't scoring as much as his midfielders, then maybe he should drop them?

That's it, keep guessing.

Because you've got all the facts don't you?

F*cking clown  ::)

I reckon I'm 99.9% right that Ferguson rested Rooney for the Bolton game at the weekend, because of tonight's Champions League game, and in the full knowledge that he had a capable replacement in Carlos Tevez.

Ouch.  :-*

How is it not a comparable example?  Rooney and Tevez are both top players, who get as many chances, if not more, than Ronaldo in a game.

If his strikers aren't scoring as much as his midfielders, then maybe he should drop them?

When the midfielder being compared has scored 2 goals and the top strikers are failing to match it then I'll concede to that comparison. You know yourself its a fucking ridiculous comparison to make.