Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Anderson

Injured and out for about 3 months, Keane looking to bring in a couple of Man Utd defenders on loan.

Get the distinct impression that this isnae going to happen for Anderson, and that he'll be back in the SPL sooner rather than later.  With Keane preferring other defenders ahead of Anderson, and with the season well under way by the time he starts to get back to match fitness for the EPL, I reckon Keane will be thinking of cutting Ando along with the rest of the dead wood come season's end.

Would be great if he could cut an acceptable deal with Aberdeen, rather than ending up at one of the Bigot Bros.

3 months, that would be the transfer window.......... ::)

Welcome back Mr Anderson?

lets hope so...but since hes gone everyones stepped up, so if we can keep the same work rate through the whole team plus Anderson it'll be class.

p.s. did anyone think Russ sounded a bit homesick last time you heard him on radio? i did. Also i've been hearing the missus isn't happy

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Russell back with us, but do you really think it will happen?

I do believe however, that if he does come back to Scotland, it would be to Aberdeen. Seeing Russell Anderson in a Rangers / Celtic top would be a bit hard to swallow!!!!

Considering that Sunderland would wish to recoup at least the majority of the fee they paid to us, it would put us well out the running to tempt him back to Pittodrie.

We can always dream.... ;)

Guest standfree

i would welcome back anderson in january but the only way would would get him would be a from a loan. i reckon he will go off to a championship club come january as i dont think he is going to get a lot of chances at sunderland.

stand free

Can't really see him coming back up the road so soon. To be honest though the reported £1 million fee is small change compared to the rest of their summer signings. If he's not going to cut the mustard there & Keane decides to get rid then I really can't see them holding out for mega-bucks. Yes the million pounds is a significant amount to us, but with the money teams in that league generate through the gates & from TV it's bugger all!

As much as I'd like to see him back at the heart of defence, our financial position means we can't (and shouldn't!!) go out looking to pay big money (in our terms) for players. Diamond & Considine are both younger & already in place. The way ahead for Aberdeen is bring through players & maybe buying in young potential... we can't afford to pay the money for guys like Anderson in my opinion.

And if Ando is croked & maybe a long-term thing then that million pound is looking like a decent fee... I hope it's not the case & he goes on to establish himself there, just saying if it were the case...

If jimmy can iron out the occasional errors our defense makes, I'm quite happy with what we have to be honest. Makes me shit myself when the teams attack quite often, but it's usually nae too bad. Langfield makes one hell of a difference though!

We don't need Anderson back.

(Although, if we got him for free I certainly wouldn't complain)

Guest standfree

Give the lad a chance, he's only been in the EPL for five minutes.

very true i think we are being a bit hard on him by saying that he should come back or move on to a different club but sooner or later he will have to move on.

The last thing a quality player like Anderson needs is to become a journey man, flitting from one club to another. A move to  championship club on loan  will, to me be a step backwards, because as a defender, the backline need to understand and know how each other play in order to effective as a unit meaning loan spells for a player like this wont work, attacking midfielders and forwards are slightly different in this respect, as it is the unnoticed, bread and butter work in defence that is done so well and often goes unoticed that makes Anderson such a good player

Guest Caroline B

Pretty sure that rules prevent him coming back here on loan within twelve months

I think Big Al is right about this regarding transfers, but loans are different.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Russell back with us, but do you really think it will happen?

I do believe however, that if he does come back to Scotland, it would be to Aberdeen. Seeing Russell Anderson in a Rangers / Celtic top would be a bit hard to swallow!!!!

Considering that Sunderland would wish to recoup at least the majority of the fee they paid to us, it would put us well out the running to tempt him back to Pittodrie.

We can always dream.... ;)

There's where you put the half of the European £££ I am talking about!