Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Well v Dons - Sco Cup QF

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Malice, perhaps not but it was at best reckless to go in like that. Poor poor challenge,

I agree wholeheartedly it was reckless and poor. I do think a lot of it was down to the pace of the pass to fyvie. if there was more pace on it then lasley wouldn't have had the chance to make such a reckless challenge. Some seem intent on making him the new hate figure.

I don't think he meant to injure him but i do think he wanted to go in on him, Fyvies feet were maybe a wee bit too quick for his own good but there's no doubt in my mind lasley could have pulled out of it in time.  Their midfield was getting passed around by both teams for the ten minutes previous and he was frustrated, not on a booking either so probably made it easier for him to justify. It was a cunt of a challenge no two ways about it. Another midfielder  out now, browns policy of stockpiling centre mids seems to have paid off!  When is milsom back?

One of the unsung heroes on Sunday during the Dons Scottish Cup victory over Motherwell was Mitch Megginson. The Dons youngster had another excellent game, making some fantastic forward runs and the striker covered about every blade of glass on the Fir Park pitch as he ran his socks off for the cause.

Dons fan Mitch has had to wait patiently for his chance at first team level but the striker now looks like being the latest player from the AFC Youth Academy to force his way into the side. Mitch was one of five players in the starting XI who have come through the Youth Academy in recent years - Jack, Fyvie, Considine and Robertson the others. Peter Pawlett was also involved when he replaced Megginson who got a deserved standing ovation from the Red Army.

After the game the striker spoke to RedTV.

"It was like an old fashioned cup tie! It had everything. Penalty, missed penalty, a sending off, talking points and a grand stand finish. The last few minutes were a bit nervous from our point of view but we made it.

"I never saw what happened for the corner that led to the first goal. They were obviously unhappy because they felt it hit one of our players but that is football for you, we saw what happened at the weekend with the goal line incident at Bolton. They switched off for the corner a bit and we managed to put it away. Mitch Megginson

"We then got the second. We were told to put in high balls for Rory to head it but this time he put his foot right through it! It was some finish. We have lacked goals this season from anyone else apart from Scott Vernon so for another striker like Rory to get two goals was great to see. Rory scores goals like that all the time in training. It was just a matter of time before he did it in a game.

"We had a great support on Sunday, I think it was over 2,000 fans, it was brilliant. I had friends at the game as well as my mum and dad. They help us so much. The players really appreciate it. You can see them and hear them singing. It gives us an extra little boost and gives us all an extra 10% to our game.

"I am really looking forward to going to Hampden. Playing in the Scottish Cup semi-final is the kind of game you dream about as a youngster. I played at Hampden for Arbroath against Queens Park when we were fighting relegation but there were only a few hundred people there.

"I missed out on the games last season with Aberdeen. Hopefully I am still in the regular starting eleven when that game comes about. As a young player what more can you ask for? A trip to Hampden, a visit to the national stadium and a chance to get to a national final."

The Dons return to SPL action on Saturday and return to Fir Park in what is a must win game if Aberdeen are to make it into the top six.

"We returned to training today after the game on Sunday. So now the cup game is behind us and we have to concentrate on the SPL match on Saturday. The league is not finished yet. We still have to try and push for the top six. That is one of our main aims this season. We will have to perform as well this weekend as we did in the cup game, maybe even a bit better. We have to come out and play again and not get pressed in. I still think top six is achievable if other results go our way but we have to win our own games."