Huns v Dons (21st Jan)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see some Rangers fans on Follow Follow are suggesting that we're singing of 'Sone Aluko, we know what you are' was of a racist nature. Christ on a bike. I fully expect this to be reported in the Daily Retard soon enough.

Told you pre-match that would happen.

I like the quote:

One tiny WPC got decked by one of the mounted police and a few fans were hit by batons as police tried to disperse the crowd.”

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/294755-fans-in-court-after-clashes-with-police-before-rangers-game-against-aberdeen/

Four football fans appeared in court over clashes with opposing spectators and police near Rangers’ home ground.

Stuart Bews, 21, Kevin McLeod, 34, Matthew Thomson, 23, and William Beattie, 42, appeared at Glasgow Sheriff Court on Monday after an incident near Ibrox stadium on Saturday.

Bews, of Boswell Road, Aberdeen, is accused of committing a breach of the peace aggravated by religious prejudice by shouting, swearing and chanting sectarian slogans outside the ground ahead of the game between Rangers and Aberdeen.

McLeod, of Dumbeg Drive, Edinburgh, is charged with shouting, swearing and challenging others to a fight at Copland Road, Ibrox. Thomson, of Maberly Street, Aberdeen, is accused of shouting, swearing, attempting to punch people and challenging others to fight at the same location.

Beattie, of Balnagask Road, Aberdeen, is also charged with challenging others to fight with him and inciting others to engage in public disorder, at Copland Road.

He also faces a charge of assaulting PC Morven White by striking her on the body with his knee, repeatedly punching her head, causing her to fall to the ground and stamping on her leg to her injury.

All four deny the charges against them trial dates were set for April, later this year.

They were each granted bail by Sheriff Charles McFarlane QC on the basis that they do not attend any SPL matches.

Guy fae Edinburgh is a hun, and a real nasty one going on his FB profile - lots of his mates wearing orange sashes. Rest seem to be Aberdeen fans.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/294755-fans-in-court-after-clashes-with-police-before-rangers-game-against-aberdeen/

Guy fae Edinburgh is a hun, and a real nasty one going on his FB profile - lots of his mates wearing orange sashes. Rest seem to be Aberdeen fans.

Good to know that this makes the news whereas the most recent OF match had the fans being praised yet the selic park lavvies got completely destroyed for the second time in succession and the huns are refusing to pay for the damage.

Assaulting a copper is fucking mental though and may well be the reason we got treated to the wonderful singing kettling post match which was amazingly stupid.

See the Rock is getting mentioned as the meeting point in the Daily Retard this morning.

The Daily Record phoned me and two others last night.  They were told there was no trouble at the Rock or anywhere near it.  They even visited The Rock yesterday and spoke to the landlord who told them the same, so I suppose they felt the need to make a story out of their extensive research.

Although, reporting that some people met in one place to travel to another place isn't really a story, is it?

The Daily Record phoned me and two others last night.  They were told there was no trouble at the Rock or anywhere near it.  They even visited The Rock yesterday and spoke to the landlord who told them the same, so I suppose they felt the need to make a story out of their extensive research.

Although, reporting that some people met in one place to travel to another place isn't really a story, is it?

They have managed to make a whole page out of what is as you say a complete non story. They are desperately trying to make a story out of it. Even repeat the some of the  fabriactions from Follow Follow again.

What is the landlords take on it?  Will he be happy for us to pitch up there next season and for other games this season?  Did he get any hassle from the police?

We went into speak to him afterwards and he was pleased everything went without any trouble. He didn’t get any hassle from the police and we spoke to a couple of them afterwards as well and they were delighted at how everyone behaved.

As far as we know he’ll be happy for this to happen again and I’d imagine there’ll be no problem with buses visiting before the St Mirren game coming up.  However, I’m not sure if The Rock being named in the rags is going to change his attitude for future games at Ibrox.  I would certainly hope not of course, but we can only go on his wishes.

We went into speak to him afterwards and he was pleased everything went without any trouble. He didn’t get any hassle from the police and we spoke to a couple of them afterwards as well and they were delighted at how everyone behaved.

As far as we know he’ll be happy for this to happen again and I’d imagine there’ll be no problem with buses visiting before the St Mirren game coming up.  However, I’m not sure if The Rock being named in the rags is going to change his attitude for future games at Ibrox.  I would certainly hope not of course, but we can only go on his wishes.

I was speaking to one of the bouncers before we left and he said much the same.  As you say the only issue will be the press bullshit and the potential from idiots from both sides to try something next time round.  As it will be next season before we are down at Ibrox again hopefully it will be forgotten about.

The Record Story (interesting to note how they have obviously plucked figures from thin air, especially as it goes from 150 to 40 to 50 in their own story).  The quotes from the landlord also make it sound like it was more tense than it really was in the pub.

We did some work with the Sun during the summer, they interviewed 5 people who do stuff for us - all 5 had complained that they were quoted as saying things they did not as it damaged their business interests and would never say it.

• 11 months later...