🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

FAO Manc Don and others

Bobby Connor

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fit's all this "war" nonsense?  ::)

I stay on DT because I've been here right from the very start when the site was created and www.TheDandyDons.co.uk was still in use. I've posted a few times on the Hat but as we're all aware it's mostly gob shites spouting shit chat.

I will not regularly post anywhere where I can be banned for my opinion although I understand the London_Scottish is gone now? I think he was the one that banned whoever he felt like? I did venture on the other week when extreme boredom got the better of me but I much prefer this site. Aye it could use more posters but only if they're as good as the ones we currently have and we do have a lot of good posters. I'll disagree with a lot of you and you'll diagree with me but I thoroughly enjoy reading this forum and posting here. And that's what it's all about.

I'm not a fan of iron fist rule so the fact that on this forum you have to go a long way to get yourself banned is good.

last person to be banned was Glasgow and West Red back in 2009 - cant remember what happened exactly but he went a bit abuse mad to everyone.

I'm sure he went OTT with JC chat did he not and abused everyone who disagreed with them.

Anyway, pretty much echo the sentiments of Tyrant (for a change) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

For those who are not aware it has transpired over the last 24 hours that Aberdeen Mad which sits on Footymad website may be in trouble as the rest of the boards are quiet. This has went down very well on the hat and the talk of a Super site has emerged

http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=23747&st=1950

If StandFreeEd was interested in a merger and he could guarantee the majority of his board would move over to the hypothetical merged "Super AFC forum' date='" then we would become the dominant force. As an unofficial Dons forum, we'd have a very strong voice and I think this is what we've been striving to do at AFC Chat.[/quote']

:lolabove:

For those who are not aware it has transpired over the last 24 hours that Aberdeen Mad which sits on Footymad website may be in trouble as the rest of the boards are quiet. This has went down very well on the hat and the talk of a Super site has emerged

Dear fuck.

That whole thread is fucking tragic.

Just had a very quick read. I shaks ma heid. Are these folk grown-ups? I wish I had the mental energy to care that much about this.

Aye it would be nice if DT was a bit busier but not if it's general fuckwittery. I'd welcome any Hat and Mad posters on here as long as they don't spik utter shite.

Perhaps "Super Forum" wasn't quite the correct choice of phrase!  Reading between the lines, I'm pretty sure most folk understood the point I was trying to make!  But I stand by what I said... I've always posted on all three forums, and as such I've always liked the idea of a single combined forum!  If there's an discussion I'm interested in, I'll participate.

Generally speaking, I've always got on fine with the other guys from the forums... I don't understand where all this sniping comes from and I find it pretty sad to be honest.  We're all Dons fans after all.

Perhaps "Super Forum" wasn't quite the correct choice of phrase!  Reading between the lines, I'm pretty sure most folk understood the point I was trying to make!  But I stand what I said... I've always posted on all three forums, and as such I've alway like the idea of a single combined forum!  If there's an discussion I'm interested in, I'll participate.

Generally speaking, I've always got on fine with the other guys from the forums... I don't understand where all this sniping comes from and I find it pretty sad to be honest.  We're all Dons fans after all.

The problem with that is each time you logged on you'd have to wade through around 20 to 30 posts form a handful of posters each with progressively worse spelling and grammar all saying the same thing, another 20 to 30 from the same posters congratulating each other on all "coming up" with the same opinion then a further 2 - 3 HUNDRED posts from the same posters with increasingly incoherent arguments, vilifying anyone who has a differing opinion - before you came across anything mildly interesting or amusing.

As far as I'm concerned a chat room would the best place for that kind of "I need to be heard" crap where it's only on screen for a few seconds after someone has felt it worthy enough to post.

Admit it sotr you have a lewis carrol fetish dont you!  You just want to merge afc chat and abmad so you can all be mad hatters

I'll get my coat

seriously though i occasionally look at mad, more just to see walters updates on the wyown threads if im honest (some of those are just fucking priceless).  Dont go on the hat at all and as such would rather this board stayed independent from both. 

Perhaps "Super Forum" wasn't quite the correct choice of phrase!  Reading between the lines, I'm pretty sure most folk understood the point I was trying to make!  But I stand by what I said... I've always posted on all three forums, and as such I've always liked the idea of a single combined forum!  If there's an discussion I'm interested in, I'll participate.

Group hug?  ;D

Admit it sotr you have a lewis carrol fetish dont you!  You just want to merge afc chat and abmad so you can all be mad hatters

I'll get my coat

seriously though i occasionally look at mad, more just to see walters updates on the wyown threads if im honest (some of those are just fucking priceless). Dont go on the hat at all and as such would rather this board stayed independent from both.

Likewise, though I do occasionally go on to MAD when it's a bit slow on here or to read what other folk are thinking about recent events. Can't remember the last time I went onto the hat, more out of habit I guess than anything else.

• 5 weeks later...