Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Motherwell

Aberdeen skipper Scott Severin and defender Zander Diamond have recovered from injuries and will return to action at the weekend.

But Lee Mair remains sidelined and fellow defender Andrew Considine is a doubt with a flu-like bug.

Motherwell have a full squad to choose from for the trip to Pittodrie.

On-loan Crystal Palace striker Lewis Grabban will be pushing for a place after making his debut in the closing stages of the 2-0 loss to Hearts.

Back to normality after the Scotland madness, hopefully we can build on our shaky win at killie two weeks ago. Fuck knows what formation we will go with........ ???

WTF is going on at Pittodrie this season, Is there unrest in the dressing room or something? I don't believe 1 player makes a team so we can't use the missing Anderson excuse.

How can a team that fought and battled last season and scraped wins even when they maybe did not deserve them be back to the dross that we were 3 or 4 seasons ago?

It seems that The Tango man is unable to motivate the players.  That to me spells trouble.  If we  do this next week, its going to be a rugby score against us. >:(

True but you also have to question the players if they cannot motivate themselves especially with them trying to win places for the UEFA cup game on Thursday.

Spoke to a couple of people who were at the game today all not happy at the performance. I think one text I received sums it up

Boo, boo, fuckin boo! Absolute disgrace, raging!

Waitng for an email from my parents when they get in from the game, from what I heard on red tv it seems there were very few if any positives to be taken from todays game.

Fucking terrible performance, too many 'superstars' trying things they don't have the ability to pull off without putting in the effort that makes the ordinary players that they are, effective. Only positives was some good link up play between Miller and Lovell up front, although it didn't come to anything ultimately.

Fucking terrible performance, too many 'superstars' trying things they don't have the ability to pull off without putting in the effort that makes the ordinary players that they are, effective. Only positives was some good link up play between Miller and Lovell up front, although it didn't come to anything ultimately.

That, almost word for word, was what i came online to say.

I would also add that i thought Diamond played well and at least looked like he gave a shite. Derek Young shouldn't be anywhere near a football pitch in the SPL. There's a very good reason we didn't have to beat off lots of competition to sign him. Two fuck ups, two goals against. Him and Foster couldn't decide between them who they were marking at the first, and Dung's man was left completely free to set himself up for the shot on the edge of the box. For the second, an absolutely awful attempt at a clearance let them in for another long ranger.

Also, too many players seem to think they've made "it". It's Aberdeen Syndrome. One good season, where something is achieved, and it's time to rest on their laurels. That approach did for Ebbe and Aitken before him, and it might end up doing for Jimmy unless he gets some arses kicked.

Guest MightyWell

From a Motherwell point of view, obviously the result was excellent, although the performance was less encouraging. After playing some attractive attacking football in recent weeks, it was disappointing to see us revert to the hopeless long punt tactics for much of the game.

Aberdeen started the brighter of the sides with more pace and threat, and Smith did well to tip an effort over the bar as it looked set to dip into the net. When we took the lead it was against the run of play, and the last player we expected to score was Paul Quinn! It was his first goal for over three years. It gave us the impetus, and shortly afterwards when the Aberdeen player gave the ball straight to McGarry he quickly fed it through to Porter, who made no mistake from close range.

Aberdeen seemed to lose their way a bit in the second half, and although we were under pressure for a brief spell after Smith's free-kick, the result didn't seem to be in doubt.

But I wouldn't lay too much blame on Calderwood. He was heavily criticised when Aberdeen lost 3-1 at Fir Park on Boxing Day 2005, but they went on to secure a top six position. Last season they had easily one of the best defences in the league and were able to grind out results even when they didn't play well. It's been a slow start to the season, but I do think things will pick up soon.

is it any wonder that we lack motivation and are tactically inept when our manager is away on holiday for most of the international break. According to another site has already has plans to fuck off in October during the next international break.

Midfield is quick frankly a disgrace and bar Barry Nic I can't see any good reason why any of them should get a game on thur. Defence was yet again different and unsurprisingly gifted two goals to well.  Quite why we resigned touzani is a mystery to me and everyone except JC.  Why we signed 2 wingers yet play derek young, jamie smith and maguire as wingers while leaving them on the bench is equally a mystery.

JC is rapidly losing any lingering good will he had.

We would accept defeat (grudgingly) if the team looked interested, if we were out played by a better side, or if the team was set up in a sensible formation with players in the right position but just had a bad day.  It's not that JC made countless poor decisions yesterday, it was that he has made the same or similar decisions for months.

He doesn't want to be at afc and is clearly more interested in touting himself to some english division one side (and topping up his tan) than sorting out or team.  He may turn things around and we should see how we do in the next, hectic month, but if we don't beat gretna, thistle and st mirren surely that will be him