Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Right so eveyones for yet another game being taken away from 3pm on a Saturday then?

Cannot see how putting it on work night evening is going to increase the attendance. It being on a Friday evening just makes it harder for people who have to travel any distance to attend without taking time off work. Idiotic.

Right so eveyones for yet another game being taken away from 3pm on a Saturday then?

Cannot see how putting it on work night evening is going to increase the attendance. It being on a Friday evening just makes it harder for people who have to travel any distance to attend without taking time off work. Idiotic.

Locals who play football on Saturday afternoons will be able to go.

Dumfermline to Aberdeen can easily be done if you're finished work by 5pm.

Its rather harsh criticising the club for doing something that will favour local people.

Locals who play football on Saturday afternoons will be able to go.

Dumfermline to Aberdeen can easily be done if you're finished work by 5pm.

Its rather harsh criticising the club for doing something that will favour local people.

Tried it on public transport?

Will you argument be the same if it was a dons away game that was shifted?

Yes.

100%

Take a half day and make a night of it.

Football is meant to be about enjoying yourself.

You never made it then as latest you can leave Dunfermline and make a 19:45 kick off is 16:00 using public transport.

How is folk having to use up time off to make a game making it easier for them to attend.

I'll take your word for it dave!

;)

I think Mizer is the Dave yer looking for here  :-\

You never made it then as latest you can leave Dunfermline and make a 19:45 kick off is 16:00 using public transport.

How is folk having to use up time off to make a game making it easier for them to attend.

Get a supporters bus then.

Does anybody still have such rigid hours at work that they can't get off early on a Friday?

Either way, the majority of Dons fans come from in and around Aberdeen, and for many of them, Friday night will be more convenient than Saturday afternoon.

No doubt sometime down the line Aberdeen will be away in the central belt on a Friday night and then its easy for you to go to and not for those based in Aberdeen.

It is not 3pm on a Saturday kick off times that are making people stay away from Scottish Football, it is the shite standard of Scottish Football.

I hate how they have made a lot of the Euro qualifiers on Friday nights. Mainly because with the time difference I cannot watch or listen to the game due to being at work.

I'm not a fan of fotball being at any other time than 3pm on a Saturday but that's not to say I'm not willing to try it at other times. I've often said that there are hundreds of kids that play fitba and therefore cannot make it to Pittodrie and that something had to be done about it. Something is now being done about it so I hope it turns out to be successful.

Do you understand the concept of a pilot project? If it doesn't work, then maybe it won't happen again. But there is absoloutely nothing wrong with trying something new. Attendances in the SPL are becoming pathetic -  think AFC and the SPL should be applauded for at least trying to do something about it.

Do you understand the concept of a pilot project? If it doesn't work, then maybe it won't happen again. But there is absoloutely nothing wrong with trying something new. Attendances in the SPL are becoming pathetic -  think AFC and the SPL should be applauded for at least trying to do something about it.

How about they try something thats going to work like cutting the gate prices. Shifting games to times when people have to take time off work to attend or cannot get back from the game on public transport is not going to help increase attendances.

I canna be arsed wasting a whole saturday around going to a fuckin shite fitba match anymore

But you'll waste a Friday night?

I think the point has been made, shifting the match to more and more different times won't change a thing, it's what's ON the park that's influencing most folk. I simply won't be able to make AFC games at Pittodrie on a Friday.

It probably isn't a single issue in any case. There's admission prices, KO times, shite quality fitba, absolutely amateurish horrendous organisation of the sport, folk probably having to ditch fitba because they have less money and crap public transport. 

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2433967

The SPL and SFA joined forces in Aberdeen yesterday to appeal to football supporters to give Friday night football a chance before dismissing it.

Reaction to the SPL’s announcement on Friday the Dons’ game against Dunfermline will be used as a test case on Friday, September 30 has been mixed.

SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster and his SFA counterpart Stewart Regan visited Aberdeen yesterday to meet with Dons supporters and the topic was one of the major talking points of the meet and greet.

Doncaster appealed for supporters to give the initiative a chance and explained why Aberdeen’s game against the Pars had been selected.

He said: “There are a limited number of fixtures which we had to choose from. We had to get the balance between a fixture which was within a reasonable travelling distance for supporters, but not too local as it would be a high-profile game where there is a bigger police presence required and one which we wouldn’t want to play on a Friday night.

“It is difficult with a team as remote as Aberdeen are and the reality is sending a team from around Glasgow up here on a Friday night was always going to be difficult.

“It will present some challenges for some such as the Dunfermline supporters, but we have to be bold enough to try something which many supporters have wanted to see for a while.

“We have to be open minded and a number of people have talked about Friday night football for a while. We have had one game on a Friday night in the history of the SPL and in terms of attendance did pretty well.

“There are a number of supporters who cannot make a game on a Saturday due to work or family commitments and it may be the case Friday nights will be more suitable. We will see what the impact on attendance will be.”

His SFA counterpart Regan made a similar plea, but stressed supporters should be encouraged at the sight of the associations working together. The SFL will also hold a trial Friday night match between Partick Thistle and Morton.

Regan said: “What is really healthy is there is a willingness to work together. Historically before my time I gather there wasn’t much in the way of co-operation and I regard it as a big step forward the associations are working together.

“Friday night football is more about the supporter experience. There will be those who say it’s not for them and it’s too far to travel. You can’t please all of the people all of the time, but I like to try things and see for myself what the impact is.

“The passion, loyalty and focus on football in this country is incredible and while it is a goldfish bowl at times the enthusiasm for the game is something we should be trying to promote at every opportunity.

“If Friday night football can be a success and help raise the bar then we should embrace it.”

The only question I wanted asked was "Why the fuck do we need BOTH of you and some cunt at the SFL too to run one fucking sport in a wee country?"

The notion of "collaboration" between the different organisation pisses me off when we really only need one to fuck it up as royally as the the group of 3 cunts we have continually do.