Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hibs v Aberdeen

Have to say that Stack's diving header to clear his box is one of the funniest things I think I've seen on a football pitch. Easily in the box and all he needed to do was put his hands forward and he'd have got the ball but for some reason he thought that diving at the ball with his head would be a good idea and it almost led to a goal for Aberdeen. Probably Aberdeen's best chance tbh.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow so much negativity on here folks  ;D

Can I just add that I haven't seen the dons for 8 months and things haven't changed at all - it was a bit like watching them under Paterson today

Jute well done for lasting the ninety minutes  :thumbsup:

My Hibs mate after the game was saying exactly the same stuff about his team - gonna be an interesting relegation battle  :o

It's not even 6am and I'm pissed off, and I have no way of watching this pish should I even want to!

you don't. nothing happened.

i'm disgusted that this aberdeen team is the result of what milne calls dedicated, professional leadership.

i never wanted wee craigy anywhere near the club but there's only so much blame he can take. our managers are always hamstrung by penny-pinchung bullshit from above. the tactics have been consistently horrific though.

of the players, who got pass marks? i can't think of anyone.

Naturally but surely a portion of the missing multiple thousands aren't bothering because of CC's reporting?

When the stay-away's keep reading about how bad it all is, ALL the time, it hardly encourages them to return.

There will be truth in that but I'd say that DT, AbMad and the Hat would contribute more to that than CC's reporting.  his report is only one piece per game I believe, look on any of the three main Dons sites and the games are dissected over threads which run to pages and often get people going to extremes just to put across their point.

The league table of course will serve more to deter fans than anything and it is grim reading just now, particularly the goals for column. Folk don't need anyone to tell them how rotten things are when we've only scored 2 goals in the league.

I'd say Arnasson. He's a cut above, but he is wasted in defence especially when you have two centre halves at full back.

good shout. arnasson seems to have the ability to pass the ball which we could certainly have done with further forward! also think osbourne is a good player. him being someone that breaks up play means he's never going to shine in scrappy bullshit games like yesterday.

pawlett gave us something when he came on but it was too late for him to really get into the game.

other thing on my mind is, not sure there's much point in playing gonzalez. his distribution is worse than any keeper i've ever seen and he's only ere til winter anyway. i'd give brown a run to see if he can claim the number 1 ahead of langfield for the rest of the season.

There will be truth in that but I'd say that DT, AbMad and the Hat would contribute more to that than CC's reporting.  his report is only one piece per game I believe, look on any of the three main Dons sites and the games are dissected over threads which run to pages and often get people going to extremes just to put across their point.

The league table of course will serve more to deter fans than anything and it is grim reading just now, particularly the goals for column. Folk don't need anyone to tell them how rotten things are when we've only scored 2 goals in the league.

aye, goals for are the main factor. even if you lose 3-2 there's a couple moments of celebration to keep folk coming back. i missed the inverness and dundee games so this season i've shelled out over £100 for absolutely nothing.

the worst thing is, anyone with young kids who they're trying to get into the dons will surely see them choosing to follow english sides or, heaven forbid, OF sides, because they occasionally DO something on the park!

ABERDEEN FC boss Craig Brown today defended his decision to go with only one striker up front in their 0-0 draw with Hibs at Easter Road.

Pittodrie boss Brown said: “Sometimes you can pose less of a threat with two up because they are easier for defenders to mark.”

smiley-confused002.gif

I don't have the stats but I would imagine that the vastly bigger proportion of the thousands of stay-away's would read the P & J on a Monday than would read AFC webschatspeaksites.

Didn't realise the P&J's readership was in the thousands these days...  ;)

But, it doesn't change the fact that most people don't need a weatherman to tell them when it's dinging it down.

Regardless of what is written on any webpage or newspaper the fact of the matter is the Dons are fucking shite from the top of the Board to the bottom of the table.  No manner of talking them up or papering over of the cracks will change that.

Folk are clever enough to make up their own minds and its there in glorious technicolour for us all to see each weekend whether that is at the game, on the box or in the news columns.

I don't see why as a fan I need to talk something up that's just plain fucking embarrassing.  I've done my duty as far as I'm concerned and I've followed them to the ends of the earth and the ends of my wit.  But enough is enough and I'm not the one that should be entertaining the notion that 'alls well' when its painfully obvious that it just aint.

THEY'RE the ones that should should be entertaining.  They're not.

At least Chris Crighton is bothering his arse to report back about the club.  I can't even be fucked reading about them these days.

That was the worst game of "football" I have seen in a long time.  At least when St Mirren and Hearts beat us they looked like they knew what they were doing.  Hibs on the otherhand were unbelievably bad and we weren't much better.

Presumably Hibs will get a "bounce" when they sack calderwood, which may be enough to save them.  I have no doubt Broon is here for the duration so we won't have the benefit of a bounce.  We do look more solid etc and Arnason and Osbourne are good signings but until we realise that the aim of the game is to score goals we will be rooted to the bottom end of the table.