🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Wind turbines in Aberdeen Bay

mizer

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here:

Which suggests that you don't recognise or that you disagree with what he was saying?

If you fail to understand what he was saying, you need to study this country a bit more.

The tall poppy syndrome is as rife in Scotland as what made fleet street fleet street. The Aussies are the worst.

Success, eh? We're ALL Jock Tamson's Bairns.

Instead of concerning yourself with the locus of the critic, consider the verity of the criticism.

As a NE born Scot of NE parents and NE ancestry who has spent 15 years outwith Scorland and 9 years in Scotland outwith the NE, I reckon I am fairly qualified to know the difference between steak pies and bridies.

There's never been a smokie or haddock crossed my threshold without my express permission. Control freakery this ain't. Divine knowledge this be. God wuz a dandie but he hates Stewrat Milne. He'll not be back till we bring him back. I want God on my side. What a team I'll have, Buddha and Allah already in da bag. 

So what you're trying to say here is that you're at least 24 years old?

So what you're trying to say here is that you're at least 24 years old?

Not sure about your deductive processes but the 24 years spent elsewhere have now been exceeded by the total years spent living in the North East and as my next birthday is #50, it is statistically certain to say that the majority of my life has been NE. More certain is that this slightly greater than 50% percentage will grow year on year as I won't ever be leaving the NE ever.

Love people, not places.

Not sure about your deductive processes but the 24 years spent elsewhere have now been exceeded by the total years spent living in the North East and as my next birthday is #50, it is statistically certain to say that the majority of my life has been NE. More certain is that this slightly greater than 50% percentage will grow year on year as I won't ever be leaving the NE ever.

Love people, not places.

Nae luck  ;)

It happens all over the world but dave_min seems to think it's a Scottish thing.  Which says more about him than it does me.

Just pick up any red top newspaper and you'll see them build up some person to be some sort of deity, then months later rip into them for their failings before chucking them to the gutter.

Take your pick - Michael Jackson, Ryan Giggs, Jade Goodey, Princess Diana, X-Fuckers, Big Brotherererers, etc.

As the Rocket says, it's the tall poppy syndrome.

How Sarah Malone can escape from being in the media is beyond me as she is the focal point for Trump's Golf Course?  I very much doubt she goes chasing it and I'd imagine its reporters, camera crews and photographers that's banging on her door.  If that makes her a 'media whore' then fair enough but I can't help feel it is purely down to the fact she's local that she's copping the flak.

a.k.a. The Darren Mackie Syndrome.

I wonder if the tall poppy syndrome is as pronounced in mainland Europe?

I am certain that USA has considerably less as they tend to like to see a winner but I'll bow to those who have more experience of being in the states than I have, who has never been there more than 10 days max at a time and has never lived there.

It's certainly more prevalent in the UK but then again we do love an underdog so it's maybe linked to that?

Once someone is no longer the underdog and deemed to be a success then it's open season and they get promptly shot down.  Take that ugly, fat beast Michelle McManus.  Where were the thousands of fans who voted her as the best singer in the land, when it came time to actually buy some of her cds?

Although generally the Yanks are more upbeat and optimistic I'm sure they have those types of people in the States too.  After all it has to be a jealousy thing?  Especially when Average Joe becomes rich, famous or successful?

Love people, not places.

So you agree that you're at least 24 years old then?

It happens all over the world but dave_min seems to think it's a Scottish thing.  Which says more about him than it does me.

Just pick up any red top newspaper and you'll see them build up some person to be some sort of deity, then months later rip into them for their failings before chucking them to the gutter.

Take your pick - Michael Jackson, Ryan Giggs, Jade Goodey, Princess Diana, X-Fuckers, Big Brotherererers, etc.

As the Rocket says, it's the tall poppy syndrome.

How Sarah Malone can escape from being in the media is beyond me as she is the focal point for Trump's Golf Course?  I very much doubt she goes chasing it and I'd imagine its reporters, camera crews and photographers that's banging on her door.  If that makes her a 'media whore' then fair enough but I can't help feel it is purely down to the fact she's local that she's copping the flak.

a.k.a. The Darren Mackie Syndrome.

What a shite post.

Says a lot more about you than it does about me though.

This all stemmed from dave_min not being able to tell the difference between a human being and a country.

Back on topic - Windfarms.

As someone said earlier in the thread; it seems a bit suspect that they choose the only stretch of coastline where something remotely controversial is happening.

It's almost as though someone mentioned that site to grab the headlines when otherwise we'd never have heard about it.

Why we'd probably never have known Renewable Energy Group (AREG) were in cahoots with Vattenfall and Technip if it wasn't for someone drumming up a bit of free publicity.

No word as of yet who the bla'bag is yet.  Luck for them.  Just hope they're not local or they'll have a few folk upset they're making a name for themselves.

Can't have that round these parts.  ;)

To site the windfarm adjacent to "the Great Doons of Scatland" is unfortunate. Those dunes have been there for a long time. It's just they weren't called that before a man from the new country pointed out what we had missed, their absolute greatness.

We should all be thankful to The Donald. He comes across as a really nice man and he's only doing it for us, the people of the North East. He also pointed out that Forbes' property is "a slum" so between this, the doons and the turbines, it's quite obvious that aesthetics is where he is particularly astute. His hair is another indicator that he is better than us with his eye for beauty, the youthful bouffant being the envy of us all. 

A few folk getting over excited about some bird I've never even heard of. Don't know if that means she's doing a good job or not.

This.

But what's all this nonsense about local folk getting hounded because they're local? ??? I dunno about everyone else but I think personally that I'm always far more likely to root for someone local over someone nae local.