• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aberdeen FC planning double swoop

Brown impressed by Chalali and Rigters

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 16/08/2011

ABERDEEN FC boss Craig Brown today refused to rule out the possibility of signing both of his trialist strikers this week.

Brown is desperate to bolster his attack ahead of Saturday’s SPL clash with Inverness Caley Thistle at Pittodrie.

Algerian Under-23 international Mohamed Chalali and Dutch hitman Maceo Rigters are now training with Aberdeen FC.

"Cha-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-li, Cha-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-li,

Is this the way to the first division?

Every night I've been biting my pillow

Dreaming dreams of the first division

and shit Dundee who waits for me

Show me the way to the first division

I've been weepin' like a willow

Cha-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-li, Cha-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-li"

"Cha-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-li, Cha-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-li,

Is this the way to the first division?

Every night I've been biting my pillow

Dreaming dreams of the first division

and shit Dundee who waits for me

Show me the way to the first division

I've been weepin' like a willow

Cha-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-li, Cha-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-li"

Potentially scarily true

If Chalali joins lets hope he is as good as Zerouali RIP albeit Chalali is Algerian and Zero Moroccan. If I remember Zero was roughly the same age when he joined and was a relatively unknown player.

Yes but more consistent and effective than Zero ever was. Zero was mercurial and had all the talent in the wolrd but another zero is not what we need right now, we need someone decent and consistent in my opinion.

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown insists he is not in a rush to make a decision about his trialist attackers.

Brown is assessing forwards Mohamed Chalali and Maceo Rigters as he looks for more attacking options but has dismissed reports that a deal for Algerian under-23 international Chalali is imminent.

He said: “There is a chance one of the players could be offered a deal but it depends on all the relevant factors. For example, we are still looking at other loan targets but there is nothing imminent.”

:tumbleweed:

The saga continues but Rigters is offski.

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2400545

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown is preparing to make a move for attacker Mohamed Chalali but fellow trialist Marceo Rigters is off to try his luck in the Australian League.

Former Blackburn Rovers forward Rigters spent more than a week at Pittodrie but is heading to Aussie A-League side Wellington Phoenix for a pre-planned 10-day trial.

Brown is now focusing his attention of securing Chalali on a deal after being impressed by the 22-year-old Algerian under-23 international.

Talks have started but there are still several obstacles to be overcome before he can sign for the Dons and a deal is not expected to be pushed through in time for the player to face Caley Thistle at Pittodrie tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

According to Jim Spence on radio Scotland tonight Chalili will be our last signing as Brown had confirmed to him that only business AFC doing now is moving youngsters out on loan. Looks like he is about to repeat the mistakes of the previous clown by going into the season with no natural full backs or wingers. Long hard season ahead.

According to Jim Spence on radio Scotland tonight Chalili will be our last signing as Brown had confirmed to him that only business AFC doing now is moving youngsters out on loan. Looks like he is about to repeat the mistakes of the previous clown by going into the season with no natural full backs or wingers. Long hard season ahead.

That really is fucking awful  :hammer:

Can't believe I STILL get surprised when our managers make a bollocks of it in the market.

Are you serious?!? FFS  :hammer: