Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Flair striker

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed at least one full back, winger and striker must come in if we are to have any hope of avoiding another long painful season fighting relegation. Sadly doubt we will get even that many.

i suspect we will have to wait till Jan when we've been pumped out of all cup comps and sitting in the same position. Our board are so reactionary its ridiculous. Hope I'm wrong.

Edit:

Wolves striker Leigh Griffiths is set to join Aberdeen on loan. (Scotland on Sunday)

i suspect we will have to wait till Jan when we've been pumped out of all cup comps and sitting in the same position. Our board are so reactionary its ridiculous. Hope I'm wrong.

Edit:

Wolves striker Leigh Griffiths is set to join Aberdeen on loan. (Scotland on Sunday)

if it happens that's good news.

as well as the various other positions, we also need a captain. we have a handfull of kids who are being asked to carry a team of journeymen and freeloaders. it won't just mean we're gash for a long time, it will fuck these boys' careers or, more likely, force them out the club in the very near future.

Edit:

McCarthy has said before he is not interested in loaning players out to SPL so cannot see this happening. However would be a decent signing if it does.

McCarthy has said before he is not interested in loaning players out to SPL so cannot see this happening. However would be a decent signing if it does.

Story appears in Mail on Sunday as well, stating its a done deal which will go through tomorrow.

I doubt whether Leigh Griffiths is going to be the final piece in our jigsaw. we still need another player if not two i would say. just hope Mr Milne, the great Aberdeen fan, can see what the team is lacking and open the purse strings. speculate to accumulate and all that. I am getting fed up repeating the Milne pish. Only wish i could win the euro millions! Mind you the Dundee chairman is an Aberdeen fan and wanted to invest and got told where to go by Milne. wouldn't stand a chance.

I doubt whether Leigh Griffiths is going to be the final piece in our jigsaw. we still need another player if not two i would say. just hope Mr Milne, the great Aberdeen fan, can see what the team is lacking and open the purse strings. speculate to accumulate and all that. I am getting fed up repeating the Milne pish. Only wish i could win the euro millions! Mind you the Dundee chairman is an Aberdeen fan and wanted to invest and got told where to go by Milne. wouldn't stand a chance.

Melville got ousted did he not? But yes, Milne needs to open up the wallet or its going to be another one of those seasons.

You mean the now ex Dundee chairmen that encouraged them to spend spend spend based on cash that they allgedly were promised but didnt actually have , put them into administration and landed them with a 25point penalty. Then tried to claim it wasnt his fault?

You mean the now ex Dundee chairmen that encouraged them to spend spend spend based on cash that they allgedly were promised but didnt actually have , put them into administration and landed them with a 25point penalty. Then tried to claim it wasnt his fault?

So...what you're saying is he should be knighted? ;)

Brown on trail of new striker for Aberdeen FC

Craig in race to land hitman

By Charlie Allan  :wave:

Published: 15/08/2011

ABERDEEN FC boss Craig Brown was today stepping up his efforts to bring in a new goal-grabber.

The manager has reacted after seeing the Aberdeen FC players fail to find the target for the fourth match in a row when they crashed 3-0 to Hearts at Tynecastle.

Algerian Under-21 international Mohamed Chalali has been invited to Pittodrie on trial and Brown claimed he had “several other options” as he attempted to bolster his attack ahead of the Pittodrie clash with Inverness Caley on Saturday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohamed_Chalali

We have heard this pish for the last 3 wks about stepping up his efforts for a striker we need more than that to sort out that shambles on Sat. Maybe Maweme injured gives us a chance to move Fyvie or Milson back to natural CM  position and move Arnason back.

But I think Brown will move Mcardle there and stick with same team from middle - Forward on Sat. :-((

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20110815/algerian-u23-international_2212158_2421036

This morning Mohamed Chalali arrived at Aberdeen and will train with the club this week. Mohamed is currently with Greek Super League side Panionios. The 22 year old started his career in France with Le Havre. He has represented Algeria at U20 and U23 level.

Meanwhile Dutch -U21 striker Maceo Rigters is also still at Pittodrie this week.

width=249 height=212http://www.afc.co.uk/javaImages/39/f2/0,,10284~9892409,00.jpg[/img]