Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Richard Langley

CRAIG BROWN last night admitted he is delighted to finally get the chance to work with Richard Langley as the Aberdeen boss has been a fan of the Jamaican for years.

The 30-year-old former QPR midfielder is available after quitting Pattaya United in Thailand.

The Dons gaffer also has a Scandinavian on his radar but that deal is on hold until Langley is assessed in training this week at Pittodrie.

Brown said: "I've admired Langley for a number of years and it would be great to get him on board.

"Stoke striker Ricardo Fuller played for me at Preston as did Crystal Palace defender Claude Davis.

"I watched them playing for Jamaica several times and was always impressed by the way Langley performed in these matches.

"He did particularly well in a friendly against Brazil a few years back and you always remember these things.

"The wages he got in Thailand are way above what Aberdeen can afford but Langley has already said he's made his money and all he wants to do now is play regularly at a high level.

"We are hoping to convince him Aberdeen is the best place for him to do just that.

"He's coming to train with the team and to have a good look about. I'm eager to get something sorted out soon."

This is from March.