Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Terminate Velicka's loan deal ?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with you here bobo.

Maybe the huns felt that they could send us Velicka on loan he would get his fitness and sharpness back and they could offer him a new contract, probably on reduced terms due to his injury woes. This would have been a striker that along with Kendo "super goal machine" Miller would help to replace boyd and give them some experienced attacking backup on the bench.

I reckon he huns would have reasoned he had a far greater chance of first team action at us rather than them what with their 4 million signing. They may also have been worried about losing Kenny Miller this season as well as his contract is up. A win win situation for them. They would have had to pay his wages if they paid him off anyway. This way they get defensive back up and give Velicka a chance to prove his fitness.

I'd 100% agree with you if they didn't already try that one with Bristol though Coopy.

We ARE paying him a wage though, utter horseshit to suggest otherwise.

I always assumed (and completely unfounded at that) that we would just continue paying Foster's wage and they'd continue paying Velicka's.  Both clubs have someone that their respective manager's thought they needed more without any additional cost...

Seems sensible (ignoring the fact it was our only fullback) to me...

I'd 100% agree with you if they didn't already try that one with Bristol though Coopy.

Aye but that is where his injury problem really started. He hardly ever played for them so that would make it pointless as a get him fit exercise. The huns may have hoped that the serious injury he suffered down there was behind him and sent him to us for the reasons I have already stated.

Aye but that is where his injury problem really started. He hardly ever played for them so that would make it pointless as a get him fit exercise. The huns may have hoped that the serious injury he suffered down there was behind him and sent him to us for the reasons I have already stated.

He was a crock at Rangers too though.

He was a crock at Rangers too though.

Was he? I thought he just wasn't getting a game for them and had no serious injury woes at the huns. Still like my version of events. As I say they would have had to pay his wages to terminate his contract anyway so may as well put him out on loan and get a defender in for cover as a return and see  how he fares. Really a win win situation for the huns.

I would guess (and it's pure pie in the sky speculation-FACT) that we're possibly paying Velicka's share of Fosters wage, and der hun are paying the rest, AND Foster?

Edit: In other words we're still paying the same total wage bill, but have a different (and probably higher earning) player there.

Was he? I thought he just wasn't getting a game for them and had no serious injury woes at the huns. Still like my version of events. As I say they would have had to pay his wages to terminate his contract anyway so may as well put him out on loan and get a defender in for cover as a return and see  how he fares. Really a win win situation for the huns.

If you don't agree with me I'm just going to cover my ears and shout "LA LA LA LA LA".

Velicka isn't costing anything, no?

Well what about him renting a room out at the Double Tree by Hilton that Aberdeen pay for? What about physio bills and his usage of facilities (such as gym) that Aberdeen pay for.

I'd say he's costing us more than many people think....

Well what about him renting a room out at the Double Tree by Hilton that Aberdeen pay for? What about physio bills and his usage of facilities (such as gym) that Aberdeen pay for.

Including the wages we're paying him...

Absolutely.

And as somebody else said, there's hidden costs of the training and physio he'll be getting.

I refuse to believe we're not paying him a wage unless somebody proves it (either way).

Common sense, Velicka is on more money than Foster, the huns wanted Foster therefore it makes no sense at all to think we'd be paying Velicka's wages, what sort of deal would that be for us, its fairly bloody obvious the huns are paying all the dosh imo.

I'd send him back just to remove a drain on our management resource and a negative influence. Good enough reason on its own. We are NOT paying him a wage though, utter horseshit to suggest otherwise.

gonna be some serious egg on folks faces then when it becomes ACTUAL fact eh?

You sure he's staying there?