Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Brown's transfer funds

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill wager both personal pride AND handsomeness that we are not getting away scot-free wage wise out of the deal

whether it's officially down as us paying fosters percentage of velickas wage, i dont know, but we're definitely paying a wage

I would say that is closer to the truth than anything.

I'd say Foster will be on or around £2k for sure. I know (through a friend of a friend. Shite I know but it's a very good source) that Championship clubs were looking at him and he was recommended to Leeds scout but didn't want to move. While I think he's shit I respected him a bit more for that.

Ifil will definitely be on £3k minimum. No way he would have uprooted himself and his family for peanuts.

So Foster is an educated guess whereas Ifil is just common sense.

They are no doubt oin a wage - and likely a tidy wee sum - unl;ess your in accounts at Pittodrie you're not going to really know so much like anything on a board like this it is speculation - but 5k overall for those two is probably not too far from the mark, I'd have thought a wee bit less but regardless good money which could be put towards a better player than we currently have with good deals in the market.

There is no doubt Brown and Knox have good contacts - hopefully we'll see increasing evidence of the benefit that brings - so no dodgy english or dutch triallists

Presumably the only thing that was closed on MM was the amount of players he could bring in... As for contracts/wages - that's Miller's job as has been expressed on numerous occasions.

I'd say that MM did a pretty good job of signing some competent talent - I guess his management left a little to be desired but then let's not forget our players have a history of being lazy blaggers too...

Presumably the only thing that was closed on MM was the amount of players he could bring in... As for contracts/wages - that's Miller's job as has been expressed on numerous occasions.

I'd say that MM did a pretty good job of signing some competent talent - I guess his management left a little to be desired but then let's not forget our players have a history of being lazy blaggers too...

Was that not Mghee's decision though? to have less players but "better" players?

Yep, same thing he did at Motherwell which resulted in a magnificent 7th place finish before he jumped ship to us.

Same policy that was 3rd the year before though? It relies on luck, of which we had none at Aberdeen. The fullback issue was only heightened by the injuries we've suffered, rangers don't play any natural fullbacks and I reckon our best 11 would have been top 4 quality wise. Sadly outwith of our best 11 we had no quality whatsoever.

Same policy that was 3rd the year before though? It relies on luck, of which we had none at Aberdeen. The fullback issue was only heightened by the injuries we've suffered, rangers don't play any natural fullbacks and I reckon our best 11 would have been top 4 quality wise. Sadly outwith of our best 11 we had no quality whatsoever.

I'd rather the performance of my club did not rely on luck to be honest.

So we've just been luckier in more recent games than we have in the dozens of games preceeding? Hmmmm.

We beat Hamilton 4-0 and Hibs 4-2 under McGhee, Brown has beaten the same two sides 1-0 and 2-1, albeit both away games, having seen all 4 matches in the flesh the two under McGhee were far superior performances.

I don't think its unreasonable to say McGhee had bad luck with injuries which ultimately exposed his transfer policy.

. Would like to clarify that I felt he had to be sacked when he was but feel some of the statements on here, at this stage, are somewhat baffling.

We beat Hamilton 4-0 and Hibs 4-2 under McGhee, Brown has beaten the same two sides 1-0 and 2-1, albeit both away games, having seen all 4 matches in the flesh the two under McGhee were far superior performances.

I don't think its unreasonable to say McGhee had bad luck with injuries which ultimately exposed his transfer policy.

. Would like to clarify that I felt he had to be sacked when he was but feel some of the statements on here, at this stage, are somewhat baffling.

Whilst I agree that the performances against Hamilton and Hibs under mcghee were good, the organisation and teamwork under brown is far far superior.  We simply look like a better team, which is highlighted by the recent results.

you do make your own luck though.

Injuries are unlucky by definition, but also somewhat inevitable. If you deliberately build a small squad, you can't really fall back on the excuse of being unlucky. That's just bad foresight.

Being buggered against your will is also unlucky, but waving your ring-piece in the air while showering in prison makes it somewhat inevitable how your luck will turn out.

Personally I just don't think McGhee was a competent Dons manager. 

That he was hung out to dry by a board more interested in saving money than investing in the squad didn't help. But McGhee was responsible for some monumental fuck ups.

Bad luck may have played a part, but I reckon incompetence played a far bigger role in the disaster that was McGhee's reign.

Whilst I agree that the performances against Hamilton and Hibs under mcghee were good, the organisation and teamwork under brown is far far superior.  We simply look like a better team, which is highlighted by the recent results.

Whilst I agree that seems the case, I would say that especially against Hamilton/St Johnstone at the start of the season, the players offered  exaclty the same before disintergrating. It may be that the players Brown is trying to recruit will stop that happening again but i'll be interested to see how we react against a better team and after a defeat, as typically that's where we've fallen to bits in the past. I guess I am just being a negative cant  ???

I'm not sure we can overstate the 4-2 performance against Hibs. We did start well, but they were a shambles at pittodrie that day. I'd have scored against Bamba.

As for professionalism, the 2 we conceded whilst coasting at 4-0 then 4-1 were almost identical and sh1t goals to concede. not a professional way to close out a game against a crap outfit.

I get what your saying, in that some folk on here are already taking the english media route of "we're a laughing stock" to "we're world champions" in a matter of days, which is daft. but I had to disagree with the hibs comparison.