Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Fraser Fyvie

what good would selling the most promising prospect in the country for fuck all be the start of?

If he becomes a success at Fulham it might paint our youth system in a decent light and lead to a few more players being sold on at a nice premium.

I'm just trying to put a positive tint on this news.

I'd rather he stayed.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone see the quotes in the Sunday Mail article  ???

No, thought as much. Lets all just chill until we do.

Guidi historically has proven he has no love for things AFC. Hopefully no truth in this, or just the story that did the rounds a copule of years ago about Fyvie being the subject of an offer from a Premiership club prior to even making his debut for us.

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown wants to sign three more players before the start of next season - including two goalkeepers.

One of those would be a short-term loan to cover for Jamie Langfield, who suffered a seizure last month and is out of action until the autumn.

BBC Scotland has learned that the loan goalkeeper would be one who can go straight into the first team.

Meanwhile, young German Daniel Strahle will return to the club on trial.

The 20-year-old, who has been with German third-tier outfit Aalen, has already spent time at Pittodrie and will do so again when the Dons resume pre-season training on Thursday.

He has impressed goalkeeper coach Jim Leighton.

I haven't heard anything about interest from Fulham in Fraser Fyvie and, if there had been any contact, I would have been told

Craig Brown Aberdeen manager

The 22-year-old Juan Carlos Mesquida Nunez - who plays in Spain's fourth tier for Majorca-based side Felanitx - will also go on trial, although any deal for the midfielder would be a long-term project.

Joining the other two trialists will be 21-year-old former West Ham forward Daniel Uchechi, a Nigeria international team-mate of Sone Aluko, who has enjoyed four years at Pittodrie, and who is contracted to Dender in his homeland.

However, Brown's signing focus is on the two goalkeepers and a midfielder, with a move for former Rangers, Dundee and Cardiff City veteran Gavin Rae still on the radar but unlikely.

There may be as many as six trialists with the Dons when the players meet up again this week.

As for Aluko, while a move to a team in the Midlands in England is his preference, he is still without a club and would be welcomed back into the fold at Aberdeen.

Brown also dismissed reports that 18-year-old midfielder Fraser Fyvie is on the verge of a move to English Premier League side Fulham.

"I haven't heard anything and, if there had been any contact, I would have been told," he said.

A possible return for out-of-contract defender Zander Diamond has been dismissed following the arrival of former Panserraikos centre-half Youl Mawene.

However, Brown has sympathy with Diamond's plight after a potential move to Hearts collapsed because of concerns over an ankle.

"It's a real shame for Zander," added the Dons manager.

"He had 11 years here and doesn't deserve what's happened to him, but he'll find a club, I'm sure of that."

Meanwhile, Brown confirmed that Rangers had made no approach about taking Richard Foster back to Ibrox on a permanent deal following his season-long loan and that the versatile wide man will return for pre-season training.

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown wants to sign three more players before the start of next season - including two goalkeepers.

Eh?  ???

Players out / Players in ratio doesn't really add up for me.  So we've signed one defender, plus one other (probably midfielder), and brought Foster back, to replace Hartley, Smith, Young, Diamond, Maguire, Aluko and Macnamee?

Am I missing something here?

Eh?  ???

Players out / Players in ratio doesn't really add up for me.  So we've signed one defender, plus one other (probably midfielder), and brought Foster back, to replace Hartley, Smith, Young, Diamond, Maguire, Aluko and Macnamee?

Reading between the lines, I'm hoping that there will be loan signings over and above the three refered to above, but maybe I'm just being over optimistic  ???

Eh?  ???

Fyvie, Folly and Mackie are new signings and getting rid of Diamond is equivalent of gaining three players. Hope this clears things up  :thumbsup:

If he goes it will really show how idiotic our club has become, he's still under contract let him keep progressing and sell him

when we'll get a good 7 figure sum for him and actually make it benefit US for a change!

it'll be the same old shite "having Foster, Fyvie and Folly will be like having 3 new signings blah blah blah!"

Eh?  ???

Yes....

Howard & Vuj ;)

To be fair, anything that involves our club is generally non sensical.

I see on the gossip column it looks like we're after the tims 3rd choice keeper. Can't say I want someone from Scotland on loan, probably wouldn't be able to play against them either?!?

Would be shit if we accepted a million (or less) for Fyvie.

I know his opinion probably counts for shite now, but it's only a year ago that McGhee valued Fyvie at £10million.

Mcghee also thought Ifil was a defender and approved  the Velicka swap deal.

Point being that there's nae many Dons fans who don't consider Fyvie to be our most promising youngster in a long long time. £500k or even £1m for him is insulting.

I agree. If he was a youngster breaking into one of the English teams he would be worth a fortune.