🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Callum Davidson

Jute

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the love of fuck gentleman.

We're short on full backs, I know that but bar very fleeting spells Ricky Foster has been a tragic player for us. He can't pick out a ten yard pass and has no football brain.

He's scored the occasional screamer but let's not remember his technique when he took the penalty against Dunfermline.

He can run fast and follow a player but that's the extent of his ability.

Everyone can have brilliant one off games here and there. I saw two minutes of that Rangers v Caley game the other day and it involved Foster attempting a long ball and firing it straight to the feetof the Caley player about twenty yards in front of him who then proceeded to take him on. Foster managed to catch him as it was just in to the Caley half but if that was near his own area he was fucked.

He's maybe occasionally been rolled around in glitter but a turd is still a turd.

Everyone can have brilliant one off games here and there. I saw two minutes of that Rangers v Caley game the other day and it involved Foster attempting a long ball and firing it straight to the feetof the Caley player about twenty yards in front of him who then proceeded to take him on. Foster managed to catch him as it was just in to the Caley half but if that was near his own area he was fucked.

Ah the aimless Ricky Foster pun forward, generally in the direction of the opposition 18 yard box. Never tire of that.  :hammer:

Ah the aimless Ricky Foster pun forward, generally in the direction of the opposition 18 yard box. Never tire of that.  :hammer:

But he marked Thomas Buffel out of a game once. And ran faster than Ivan Sproule!

It's surely nae just you, me and RTYD that remember him being a really bad footballer?

He was outclassed by Steve Tosh in pre season for fucks sake.

But he marked Thomas Buffel out of a game once. And ran faster than Ivan Sproule!

It's surely nae just you, me and RTYD that remember him being a really bad footballer?

No bobo it's me aswell.

He's fucking tragic and a few half decent games will never change that.

If we can con the huns into giving u some money for him then all the better.

I wouldn't go so far as to say he's a really bad footballer, he's just mediocre. He would undoubtedly be an asset to Aberdeen at the moment, but that's more of a comment on our current squad.

To suggest we're going to get seven figure bids for him, or that he's worth £1.5 million is ridiculous, IMO.

Can't see this one, he regularly plays for Preston.  Would take him though, as I would with pretty much any full back just now, as it is going to be difficult to get short-term fixes which we need right now.  Callum Davidson would definitely be up there with one of the better options at the current time though, probably be a little less risk getting in the experience than a young loan if that is the alternative. 

In Brown I trust though...

I wouldn't go so far as to say he's a really bad footballer, he's just mediocre. He would undoubtedly be an asset to Aberdeen at the moment, but that's more of a comment on our current squad.

To suggest we're going to get seven figure bids for him, or that he's worth £1.5 million is ridiculous, IMO.

Pretty much this. I am never going to say Foster is some sort of saviour but fuck me, look at our squad and tell me he wouldn't start every single week. He would improve the team, that isn't the only way to judge who we get and who we don't but in our position it's a bloody good place to start.

I agree with you too.  But we are so desperate for a full back that people blot out the mundane or poor aspects of his game and he all of a sudden is elevated to something he isn't.

It's like some people hankering after the aforementioned Steve Tosh because he ran about a lot. He couldn't actually play football but some just like guys who run a lot.

Well, the two obvious reason that shout at me:

a) Played for the infirm

b) Played in the Champions league, and in my opinion performed very well.

Anderson and Miller hadn't done either of these, so I would say these should have inflattory influence on his value to the club.

You're right of course but my (poorly made) point was more that our board probably won't take that into consideration. They'll likely take the first derisory offer that Hun makes.

Foster is a win-win situation for Aberdeen.

Either we get money for him or we get back a versatile right back on our books for nothing.

I don't see why anyone should not feel pleased about that.

I suspect it's the amount of money we might get that is being debated as the loss here.

No.

You would hope so, but nope.

It's mostly because he's pureranjursbyrawaybigman, especially now he's pulled on the blue.

Or some such shit.

I've tried my damnest to by-pass that puerile and Neanderthal debate to be honest so you might be right.

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown has warned that there is only an outside chance that he could sign Preston North End left-back Callum Davidson.

Brown said that he had been made aware of the 34-year-old's possible availability out of the blue.

"So now, of course, he has been flagged up to us, we thought, well, is he a possibility?" he said.

"I would think it was a remote possibility and wouldn't like to think that the media decide our signings."

Davidson, who previously played for St Johnstone, Blackburn Rovers and Leicester City before joining Preston in 2004, is a player well know to the recently-appointed Aberdeen manager.

"I signed him and played him for Scotland," said Brown. "He was outstanding when we beat England at Wembley, but that was 10 years ago when he played against David Beckham.

"I followed his career and I signed him for Preston and he has done well and he was captain in the last few seasons.

David McNamee would be a good acquisition for this club until the end of the season

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown

"He is not playing at the moment in the team. He had an injury, he is due to come back."

One full-back Brown is definitely planning to sign is David McNamee, who has been without a club since being released by Plymouth Argyle in the summer.

The 30-year-old, previously with St Mirren, Blackburn, Livingston and Coventry City, had been training with the club Brown has just left - Motherwell.

But his arrival at Pittodrie has been delayed by travel problems caused by the wintry weather and it appears unlikely that he would be thrown into the starting line-up for Sunday's meeting with Hibernian in Edinburgh.

"I think the best we can say right now is part of the squad," said Brown. "I think it is a bit foolhardy to think that he can come from no activity right into the team.

"I know he has been training in the gym and indoors and it is never the same as training with the other team-mates.

"Even if he had come when he had been training for three weeks regularly, there is no certainty that he would go straight into the team.

"We would have to have a look at him, but he would be a good acquisition for this club until the end of the season."

Brown is convinced that McNamee is keen on a move to the club - and confident of the defender's qualities.

"He is a top-quality player," said the manager. "You get a fit David McNamee, you've a guy who will go up that side of the pitch and put balls across the goal. He defends well, he is an accomplished player.

"We saw that when he was picked for the national team and I think has four international caps in a position where there is lot of competition from guys like Alan Hutton.

"It will be good to have him on board. He is the kind of player we like. He has good physique, he is athletic and he is a determined guy and let's hope that he lives up to our expectations."

Aberdeen chairman Stewart Milne this week said he had promised funds to Brown and that players would leave during the January transfer window, but the manager's words were more cautious.

"The players are not readily available in this transfer window," he said. "If you've got a transfer budget and you have money, you can go and pick players that you want, but that's not our situation here.

"We are looking at available players and players that we can get until the end of their contracts or where the club might be prepared to swap or do a bit of exchange.

"We have to make some movement in the transfer market, but we have said to the players that it does not necessarily mean that any of you guys are out the door - we want to give you all a chance."